"Se-ISTj means the person prefers Se. Ti-ISTj means the person prefers Ti. So Se-ISTj are better at practical things, Ti-ISTj are better at theoretical things."

- From Socionics.com Questions & Answers

I've seen very little in depth exploration to sub types in socionics. its probably similar to the wing preference in enneagram.

i think my current dual partner is a 6 in enneagram and an Se Subtype. With his relatively proper exterior I think I sensed more Ti subtype in him than there is. I didn't anticipate such strong levels of Se in an ISTJ.

I have encountered two others ISTJs one of which seems more gentle than the others (i suppose he could be ISFJ, too) and another one who seems much more stern Ti ISTJ where he more closely resembles an INTJ, but you can still tell he's sensory.

The problem I'm experiencing is that while the relationship helps me manage things and feels quite good it's really not mentally challenging enough (although part of me realizes I need even the most basic attention sometimes - encouragement to clean up etc. kind of a gap between the ego and the ego ideal).

lefty
enfj
Enneagram: Tragic Romantic - 4w5
Romance Style: the challenger/prize