Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
I have no idea how to spot them. I think there is a side to ISTjs that I don't even know. I was more than a little surprised to see that Expat (and many others) had typed a character from HBO's Rome as ISTj. It was Lucius Vorenus played by Kevin McKidd. I had him typed as ENTp because I thought I was seeing the Se-role combined with a lot of Ti. (Mhh... it doesn't seem that far off when I put it this way, lol)
But if you observe closely, his behavior was mostly self-controlled, he was consistent in his own rules -- that's an IJ. Again, IMO that character (and perhaps also the actor) was a near-perfect example of ISTj.
Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
There is one kind of ISTj that I know of but I don't even know if they are of the same subtype - people who are shy and quiet, very careful around strangers, wear the same outfit all the time, very conservative in their views, very dutiful. They are very reliable people - you always know what to expect of them. When they disagree with a stranger/half-stranger, they pout. Seems they've had their share of bad experiences upsetting people... When they disagree with a friend, they become very stubborn and enforce their own opinion. They can't really be converted to any other opinion in that case.
ISTjs of any subtype may be quiet, but not shy. But what you described would be closer to a Ti subtype.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
Lol, stefana's post is perfect
Yes, I agree.

Henry Fonda's character Frank in Once Upon a Time in the West is perhaps a good example of an ISTj sensory subtype.