Ann, I just saw the video once and will look again. I need to slow down becaue I find myself asking, You explain info well in a nice step by step way.

Now I feel a need to understand the most basic thing I should have figured out a long time ago. I was sort of waiting for it to dawn on me, but it hasn't yet. If Annisn't online or available, anyone else can answer it tht can, as it doe snot really have to do with wyat Ann already wrote.

.Basically I think of all the types as their 4-letter names, and in order to know off-hand their 3-letter name I have to have had it memorized... I have not made any effort at memorizing though I know most of them by now. I am always looking up on the forum or the article page at this website to double check a 3-letter type to see which four letters it is, while knowing there must be some better way to know it. I have not made an attempt to memorize because I figure there must be a way to look at the four letters and know which 3 letters it is. Is there??

So if I look at "ENFp" letters, how can I tell that it is IEE? And how can I tell its NeFI just by looking at the 4 letters? Or the three?

For the 3 letter name, am I correct that the last letter is Extrovert or Introvert? The first letter is Intuitive, the 2nd letter is Ethical (using the term Ethical instead of the term Feeling). But how can I look at IEE and know its a "p", without the letter there??

Can I look at "NeFi" and know that it translates to "ENFp" just by looking at those letters?

Probably there is a pattern I could get if I looked at it enough. I thought it would dawn on me but it hasn't. So is there pattern to it?

(somehow it seems like having better proficiency at "reading" the type codes will help me navigate the new discussions on cognitive styles).