Thread: SLI or something else?

TIM
    ISTp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk
    very strongly aristocratic by VI or general impression?
    I don't remember exactly now, but it was either from analyzing the text you were saying, or your audial words. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful than that. If you want, drop me a line over PM, and we can have a chat. I'll ask you a few questions and will explain to you what I think your type is and why.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked at some of my posts and get the feeling that I might be static and not dynamic. Can someone else see that?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I looked at some of my posts and get the feeling that I might be static and not dynamic. Can someone else see that?
    static-dynamic is on a sliding scale, so there may be some static expressions in your posts but it's the relative proportion of static to dynamic constructions that is important

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Te Fe Si and Ni are dynamic IEs, whereas Ti Fi Se and Ne are static IEs. There will be times when you're drawing insight from both categories, but the general idea is that you'll be better at one of the two because your ego block will either be two dynamic IEs or two static IEs, and your ego block contains your strongest conscious IEs.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Te Fe Si and Ni are dynamic IEs, whereas Ti Fi Se and Ne are static IEs. There will be times when you're drawing insight from both categories, but the general idea is that you'll be better at one of the two because your ego block will either be two dynamic IEs or two static IEs, and your ego block contains your strongest conscious IEs.
    I know . It's just that thoughts came up that I might be LSI but serious/judicious makes more sense than merry/decisive.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I know . It's just that thoughts came up that I might be LSI but serious/judicious makes more sense than merry/decisive.
    Have a gander of this to see what Fe seeking looks like. (From Amanda Peet.)

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a gander of this to see what Fe seeking looks like. (From Amanda Peet.)

Hm I don't know how I would have act in the show but I was constantly smiling. At the begin I had to laugh pretty hard about the horse and als oat the end when he's dancing with the horse. Funny animals just fit my humour I also like movies like Madagascar etc.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    static-dynamic is on a sliding scale, so there may be some static expressions in your posts but it's the relative proportion of static to dynamic constructions that is important
    While I have a good memory for physical characteristics I have a hard time to remember a drive on a sequential base e.g iamgine myself in the car and doing the drive in my head. But I am really good at recalling snapshots.
    Another example: I used a few times the car of a friend and while I easy remember how everything looks in the garage and on the street outside the garage I still have some problems to take the right corner to bring back the car when I am driving.

I moved in a new room two months ago and bought racks and boxes that everything has its place. I also never changef something in my rooms. I had a girlfriend whom I lived together who was prone to rearrange all few weeks the furnitures, it drove me crazy.

The more I think about it the more I think that I might be LSI. The fact that Ti and Te descriptions are often overlaping when you compare the descriptions of different sources doesn't make it more easy.

According to PoLR maybe I am Ne-PoLR and not Ni-PoLR because I am normally critical to new Ideas.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

While I have a good memory for physical characteristics I have a hard time to remember a drive on a sequential base e.g iamgine myself in the car and doing the drive in my head. But I am really good at recalling snapshots.
    Another example: I used a few times the car of a friend and while I easy remember how everything looks in the garage and on the street outside the garage I still have some problems to take the right corner to bring back the car when I am driving.

I moved in a new room two months ago and bought racks and boxes that everything has its place. I also never changef something in my rooms. I had a girlfriend whom I lived together who was prone to rearrange all few weeks the furnitures, it drove me crazy.

The more I think about it the more I think that I might be LSI. The fact that Ti and Te descriptions are often overlaping when you compare the descriptions of different sources doesn't make it more easy.

According to PoLR maybe I am Ne-PoLR and not Ni-PoLR because I am normally critical to new Ideas.
    SLI like trying new foods just to get an impression of new things
    LSE don't really like trying new foods and they can be fussy eaters.

After all, when you try new foods, you can either experience the sensation as it comes to you
    or you can turn away at it with uncertainty and unsureness because new experience of foods you have to figure out how to manage it once you like it, how to organize it and when and where to experience it. This takes some organization of the whole thing mentally
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    SLI like trying new foods just to get an impression of new things
    LSE don't really like trying new foods and they can be fussy eaters.

After all, when you try new foods, you can either experience the sensation as it comes to you
    or you can turn away at it with uncertainty and unsureness because new experience of foods you have to figure out how to manage it once you like it, how to organize it and when and where to experience it. This takes some organization of the whole thing mentally
    Your speaking of LSE and not LSI right?

Some sources write that Si-creative is more prone to new foods than Si-base. I certainly fit more trying new things but IMO it's highly dependant on how you got raised.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Man, you should hear SLIs shooting down my ideas. SLIs and LSEs can both be very critical about new ideas. Also, Ne PoLR does not mean you are critical to new ideas. It is rather that you don't naturally look at things from multiple perspectives or make connections between ideas. The question is rather how you feel about new ideas, perspectives, and connections when they are presented to you? Do you enjoy being exposed to them and working through their applicability with the person presenting them or do you find them annoying and overwhelming?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Man, you should hear SLIs shooting down my ideas. SLIs and LSEs can both be very critical about new ideas. Also, Ne PoLR does not mean you are critical to new ideas. It is rather that you don't naturally look at things from multiple perspectives or make connections between ideas. The question is rather how you feel about new ideas, perspectives, and connections when they are presented to you? Do you enjoy being exposed to them and working through their applicability with the person presenting them or do you find them annoying and overwhelming?
    When I try a more holistic view SLI is the only type that's fit anyway.
    I am aware that I can act like a LSE and IRL maybe many people if familiar with socionics would mistake me for one.

It's said that Introverts try to make contact through their creative IE and I am just focused on Te to create a worthy product. Also in society Te is more valued than Si it's also something that Jung wrote.

Besides Ego-Block I relate the most to Fi and while I have strong moral judgement I fail to judge people attidute to me. Fi HA

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I settled for LII

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I settled for LII
    Forget that!!!

How strict are you?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget that!!!

How strict are you?
    Stricter than the average person and stricter than most of my friends

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Stricter than the average person and stricter than most of my friends
    in what areas?
    -

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wha..I don't see you as LII from how you write. I leaned towards delta for you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Your speaking of LSE and not LSI right?

Some sources write that Si-creative is more prone to new foods than Si-base. I certainly fit more trying new things but IMO it's highly dependant on how you got raised.
    I was only trying to joke around didn't work as usual. But anyway, liking to try new foods is variable in all types, hence, not type related. General tendency of Si is to relax and maintain a state of homeostasis. The general tendency of Te is to watch and observe the behavior of others, to seek out relations to talk to, compulsively when they are wrong in the head. Especially when they can't understand what they are doing is hurting not only themselves and especially a sequence of other human beings, which of course they don't care about because if one cared they would STOP...just effing STOP seeking out chains of the same events....seek out person X... pour out your frustrations at them....dump them...dump the scene and run away like a chicken....seek out new avenue a new individual to use and abuse then repeat endlessly. "Oh I feel so uncomfortable." Well MOFKR how the hell do you think the people getting used feel? Those are the questions one should ask...but anyway...it's not that hard to tell if you're an ass hole or not.
    -

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    wha..I don't see you as LII from how you write. I leaned towards delta for you.
    in what areas?
    Several normally I like when things are done proper concerning my standards. But it tunes on and off.

I was only trying to joke around didn't work as usual. But anyway, liking to try new foods is variable in all types, hence, not type related. General tendency of Si is to relax and maintain a state of homeostasis. The general tendency of Te is to watch and observe the behavior of others, to seek out relations to talk to, compulsively when they are wrong in the head. Especially when they can't understand what they are doing is hurting not only themselves and especially a sequence of other human beings, which of course they don't care about because if one cared they would STOP...just effing STOP seeking out chains of the same events....seek out person X... pour out your frustrations at them....dump them...dump the scene and run away like a chicken....seek out new avenue a new individual to use and abuse then repeat endlessly. "Oh I feel so uncomfortable." Well MOFKR how the hell do you think the people getting used feel? Those are the questions one should ask...but anyway...it's not that hard to tell if you're an ass hole or not.
    I think I finally came to a conclusion

By looking into temparaments I can clearly rule out Ej and Ep what leaves Ip and Ij.
    Looking into quadra descriptions I relate to Gamma and Delta but I am pretty sure I don't value Se/Ni
    So INFj and ISTp are left while I could relate to a certain point to Fi-Base I think Ne suggestive makes way more sense than Ne creative. Ne really seems to be the IE with which I am most suggestable. The relating to Fi could also be trough Fi HA

So in the end ISTp is the only type that makes sense.

P.S.: If I am not ISTp I am either INFj or ISFj

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

lol Ok
    -

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Ok
    Fine you can live with it

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Several normally I like when things are done proper concerning my standards. But it tunes on and off.

I think I finally came to a conclusion

By looking into temparaments I can clearly rule out Ej and Ep what leaves Ip and Ij.
    Looking into quadra descriptions I relate to Gamma and Delta but I am pretty sure I don't value Se/Ni
    So INFj and ISTp are left while I could relate to a certain point to Fi-Base I think Ne suggestive makes way more sense than Ne creative. Ne really seems to be the IE with which I am most suggestable. The relating to Fi could also be trough Fi HA

So in the end ISTp is the only type that makes sense.

My advice would be to not go by the temperament articles. They're not exactly comprehensive or super reliable.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My advice would be to not go by the temperament articles. They're not exactly comprehensive or super reliable.
    You still thinky I am LSE? Is it mainly due to VI or in general?

Yourself are Ej can you relate a bit to the Temperament description? Because I can't at all besides that I like Transports.

It might be that I appear LSE because of my e-type. I think 6 is more common for LSE than SLI

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd take DaftPunk as dual.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You still thinky I am LSE? Is it mainly due to VI or in general?

Yourself are Ej can you relate a bit to the Temperament description? Because I can't at all besides that I like Transports.

It might be that I appear LSE because of my e-type. I think 6 is more common for LSE than SLI
    I think you're rational and sensing at the very least. Even if you didn't get that from VI, you could glean it from the fact that you get genuinely frustrated when people don't explain things properly and press them for more information. Like you did just now. You do VI as rational, though. I wouldn't ignore that fact.

I relate to the EJ description only when I'm busy with something that either needs to be done or is captivating my attention. I imagine this would be when is taking the reigns, because it's what I use to reign in and organise data, situations and people to make sense. If I'm sitting around not doing anything, more likely I'll be using or to keep myself entertained (introspection or looking around for amusing distractions) and that's the time that I'm going to be more in line with an IP or EP description. IJ is the only one I don't completely relate to. Given that that means I spend time in three out of the four temperament styles, I don't think it's that handy. What I relate to more is base and creative which would make me LIE.

Is there something in particular that's making you not stick with LSE? Seems like it's the type you've spent the least time with, preferring LII and SLI.

I'd consider these three as your options: LSI, ESI and LSE. The latter two seem more likely. Note that all three have access to strong , but only one values it. Spend some time reading about . LSI may be possible if you're willing to consider LII. Read a bit and use your discretion and ask questions, I guess. I do think you value Te, though. You seem quite receptive to it and seem to request it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Fine you can live with it
    hehe
    -

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're rational and sensing at the very least. Even if you didn't get that from VI, you could glean it from the fact that you get genuinely frustrated when people don't explain things properly and press them for more information. Like you did just now. You do VI as rational, though. I wouldn't ignore that fact.
    Very good observation I am really genuinly frustrated with that. Nothing frustrates me more than conspiracy theories(LOL I even get angry writing this). E.g The girlfriend of my flatmate printed something in my room and she told me that Adolf ****** was actually a woman. I asked her after source she said somewhere in the internet I told her that there are many sources also in the internet who say he was a man. She insisted that she was sure, I gave her the prints and left my own room. I was also very angry when she claimed that she has an IQ of 151

I relate to the EJ description only when I'm busy with something that either needs to be done or is captivating my attention. I imagine this would be when is taking the reigns, because it's what I use to reign in and organise data, situations and people to make sense. If I'm sitting around not doing anything, more likely I'll be using or to keep myself entertained (introspection or looking around for amusing distractions) and that's the time that I'm going to be more in line with an IP or EP description. IJ is the only one I don't completely relate to. Given that that means I spend time in three out of the four temperament styles, I don't think it's that handy. What I relate to more is base and creative which would make me LIE.
    I related most to the IP trait actually being hurt but don't show it outwardly. I am also really not a fidget. The temparament I relate the least is clearly EP. But your right temparament description sucks. There's a normal distribution of Extraversion and Introversion and the descriptions describe clearly introverted and extroverted types (in a non socionics way) So most people can't really relate to it. Thanks for opening my eyes there.

Is there something in particular that's making you not stick with LSE? Seems like it's the type you've spent the least time with, preferring LII and SLI.
    Actually it's only the hard working part in most LSE descriptions that makes me doubt because I am a rather lazy student. But before going to university I worked and noone would say there that I am lazy. Actually since opening this thread I spent the most time with some Delta ST.
    Due to @silkes post http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...038#post989038 #34 I read Filatovas description who really lacks steriotypes and I could sign almost everything she wrote about LSE but not really with SLI. Especially the Super-Ego-Block fits me really perfect.

I'd consider these three as your options: LSI, ESI and LSE. The latter two seem more likely. Note that all three have access to strong , but only one values it. Spend some time reading about . LSI may be possible if you're willing to consider LII. Read a bit and use your discretion and ask questions, I guess. I do think you value Te, though. You seem quite receptive to it and seem to request it.
    I think is used but not valued it's always at best a second option. I also don't get pleasure from . :Ti is ruled out I obviously use and value Te

Thanks a lot for your post!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Due to @silkes post http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...038#post989038 #34 I read Filatovas description who really lacks steriotypes and I could sign almost everything she wrote about LSE but not really with SLI. Especially the Super-Ego-Block fits me really perfect.
    I like Beskova's description. I should say, though, for clarity's sake, that I remember liking it.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you get genuinely frustrated when people don't explain things properly and press them for more information.
    I do, too. I've learned not to press too hard for more information when the act clearly irritates the person and causes nothing but conflict. Trading frustration for not caring.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I like Beskova's description. I should say, though, for clarity's sake, that I remember liking it.
    I can identify somehow. In general I prefer description were one IE after the other is handled and where aren't to much to specific stuff like becoming the favorite of everyone etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I do, too. I've learned not to press too hard for more information when the act clearly irritates the person and causes nothing but conflict. Trading frustration for not caring.
    One becomes softer with the age but that's something I still can't handle. Especially when it's directed towards me.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Narc I still don't think Se is valued but even if unsure it's very obvious that I don't value Ni

Does anyone have something against Normalizing LSE?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One becomes softer with the age but that's something I still can't handle. Especially when it's directed towards me.
    Yeah, I'm bad at it, too. It's just that with family members and colleagues it's sometimes easier (and more efficient) to just accept certain things and try to work around certain issues without causing conflict.

It might seem counterintuitive or contradicting, but I've always been confrontational and conflict-avoidant at the same time.

[Edit:] Over time you come to realize that any attempts to establish a clear, mud-free communication and mutual understanding with certain people is always going to be futile, at which point you decide it isn't worth the effort.
    Last edited by Park; 12-22-2013 at 04:16 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have something against Normalizing LSE?
    Has anyone gotten to know you well enough to have a relevant opinion? Rhetorical question.

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Static Visual Identification? Crikey.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123