Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Delta NFs, taste (and Spartacus)

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    I don't even know what that means, period. What does an elegant neck look like? What does an elegant chin look like? What the heck?
    Aw, Taknamay, you have a lovely elegant neck, peering out so coyly from that chic shell of yours.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Aw, Taknamay, you have a lovely elegant neck, peering out so coyly from that chic shell of yours.
    D'aw, thanks. I still don't understand what the difference is between other necks
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae16t View Post
    Eliza, do you believe in phrenology?
    That is so random.

I believe this:

The Nicene Creed

I believe in one God,
    the Father, the Almighty,
    Maker of all that is, seen and unseen.

I believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
    the only Son of God,
    eternally begotten of the Father,
    God from God, Light from Light,
    true God from true God,
    begotten, not made, consubstantial
    of one Being with the Father.

Through Him all things were made.

For us men and for our salvation
    He came down from heaven:
    and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate
    He became incarnate from the Virgin Mary,
    and was made man.

For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
    He suffered death and was buried.

On the third day He rose again
    in accordance with the Scriptures;
    He ascended into heaven
    and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
    and His kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
    who proceeds from the Father and the Son.

With the Father and the Son He is worshipped and glorified.

He has spoken through the Prophets.

I believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.

I acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

I look for the resurrection of the dead,
    and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The idea is from some so-called author, who has been claiming credibility where there is none:

http://books.google.com/books/about/...d=XxJxe6jUGTkC

Most "typings" from this ideology are essentially reverse engineerings of lunacy. It is essentially phrenology 2.0.

And if you want to learn more about phrenology and its horribleness, visit my thread on phrenology.

Is this Maritsa's source?

The only review I can see for this book is this...

"This book is highly misrepresentative of socionics as a whole and describes the authors' private interpretation of it. Visual identification as described in the book is the authors' invention and is not a widely accepted method of determining type because there are many problems with this method. The authors list psychological characteristics associated with the four basic socionic dichotomies, but they don't seem to use these when typing celebrities. The problem with visual identification is that there are no "quality control" criteria in the typing process, and thus no way of discovering a mistyped individual. The incredibly lopsided type statistics the authors present are a sign that something is up. 46% of all women belong to just one of the 16 types??? 93% of people are sensers??? This is absurd. The percentages are a lot closer to 50-50."

I imagine it is highly possible Maritsa is using something like this to type people. Lol at 93% percent of people being sensors. Ima read up on the author, I wonder what I will find!

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, now I see, it all becomes clear where Maritsa is coming from.

I think she needs to realise that she is working from an associative theory and not the main brand of socionics used here. Of course this is where the majority of mis-communication is happening.

An excerpt from the book... brace yourselves...
    "WHAT WILL THIS BOOK BRING TO YOU?

• You will be instantly be able to identify types.
    • You will be able to predict how a relationship between two people may develop.
    • You will learn a lot about yourself and people around you.
    • This book will CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER. You will NEVER EVER be able to stop seeing peoples types. Your entire approach to human relationships will be different.
    • This theory is a great GIFT. Every time you give this theory to your friends they will see it as a life changing experience.
    • This theory is INSURANCE against bad relationships for you and for your friends and relatives."

Oh @Maritsa I am sorry for you, so sorry, genuinely, this is not sarcasm.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legitimate IEE here. Male. Eliza, are you sure you're not EII?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shayley View Post
    @anndelise, do you think there is a chance that you are supervising Eliza as I personally think that you are underestimating Eliza, giving her discomfort and even patronizing her and no I don't want to point out exactly where I think these things have occurred. Just it seems to me that Eliza is likely Fi dominant and reading interactions between you both makes me wonder if you supervise her as she hasn't walked away but is paying attention to you but doesn't seem to quite understand you.
    This would make the relationship either INFj & ESFp or ISFj & ENFp.
    What do you think @eliza?
    Actually, as Eliza responds lately, I have been drawing a clearer picture of her, and most roads are leading to Eliza as ESE. Her descriptions for herself nearly match some descriptions of ESE. This would make her my "Benefactor". Descriptions of this relationship include how the benefactor cannot hear the beneficiary.

Also, many of our problems stem from Eliza's belief that she is IEE.
    She constantly makes remarks about herself and then attributes it to her being IEE...while making snide digs at the "SEE" on the forum..(the IEE she's retyped because they aren't like her and she can't understand them). The snide digs get old, especially when added to Maritsa's blatant attacks.

The other problem with Eliza typing herself as IEE is that I...I think the other IEE here too..expect to see IEE traits. So when she says/does something NOT iee, but then labels it as iee, it gets annoying to see the false info being spread. But we aren't allowed to correct her, nor Maritsa, because they protect themselves by encouraging each other to create and maintain an us-vs-them attitude.

I, and other IEE, even try talking to her, expecting an IEE to be on the recieving end, but noone's home. The Benefactor cannot hear the Beneficiary. Noone's home, because she is ESE, with different communication needs than an IEE. I've been considering making a video to give fuller reasons, so she could hear my tone of voice and maybe realize that i am not as aggressive as she keeps saying i am. Yes i have gotten aggressive, but that's a quick spout. Like i said, her constant digs get old.
    Last edited by anndelise; 10-23-2013 at 12:36 AM.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's old news that Maritsa uses Rod Novichkov's book for typing purposes. There is a thread about it from years back which I began and take responsibility for. This was at a time when she was constantly bullying me and probably what one would call trolling but as you would see at the start of that particular thread she felt like in this instance I was trolling her.
    In the end the thread was locked. Rod's ex wife I think it was, using the user name Bernice(?) joined the forum to post but her posts were deleted, Rod the author sent me a private message at this time and the majority of what Maritsa wrote mostly in capital letters she deleted.
    This was part of Maritsa & my history on the forum and was at a time where I was sick of her closed mindedness and mistreatment of myself and others. It was not long after this that I removed my self typing of INFx or INFj as she was actively informing newbies as well as others that I was an SEE type & as such a liar with what I wrote, someone who could not be believed or trusted and much worse.

We've come a long way @Maritsa but I'm not yet sure that the wounds from our past will ever truly be wiped as I need an apology which is not immediately negated and maybe you do also?
    This is the type of thing that really worries me. I know that Maritsa is misguided and i genuinely feel for her but it is so obvious to me that she does damage people weather intentional or not. It is actually abuse. I am so sorry that you went through this. I am always amazed that this can go on in communities for so long untreated, like a disease that no-one wants to touch. I wonder about the author now though as a new member has been telling me...at a very interesting time that I am SEE and has even private messaged me.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not 'hearing' you could well explain the not 'understanding' of what you write.
    Just so we are clear, I'm pretty sure that it's not just me that she claims she doesn't understand.
    I'm not the only one she has problems with.
    I say that because I don't want other readers to treat me as a scapegoat...as if I am the one that causes all of Eliza's problems in this forum.

Anyways, but yeah, that's what I was thinking as soon as I read that about the Benefactor/Beneficiary relationship.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry. I did not mean your spiritual belief...

What I am asking is not random.... ...Merry_and_serious....
    Ah, well, you said "believe in" so that's where my mind went. My creed of "believe in". I am familiar with merry and serious, yes, seriously. Never paid much mind to Phrenology. From pics online it looks like no one else has for a long time either. (art needs a bit of updating). So do you believe in Phrenology, and why?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, well, you said "believe in" so that's where my mind went. My creed of "believe in". I am familiar with merry and serious, yes, seriously. Never paid much mind to Phrenology. From pics online it looks like no one else has for a long time either. (art needs a bit of updating). So do you believe in Phrenology, and why?
    lol no, I don't think he meant he was. Maritsa is into a form of it, we have been making reference/discussing the book which maritsa uses for her (mis) typing method in this thread. I think Jadae may have been trying to ascertain if you are a fan of Rod Novichkov.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Bloem View Post
    Legitimate IEE here. Male. Eliza, are you sure you're not EII?
    She's not. Although she's toned down a lot in different ways to accomodate her relations with EII and SLE. Very divergent in my experience.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geminatronix View Post
    Wow, now I see, it all becomes clear where Maritsa is coming from.

I think she needs to realize that she is working from an associative theory and not the main brand of socionics used here. Of course this is where the majority of mis-communication is happening.

An excerpt from the book... brace yourselves...
    "WHAT WILL THIS BOOK BRING TO YOU?

• You will be instantly be able to identify types.
    • You will be able to predict how a relationship between two people may develop.
    • You will learn a lot about yourself and people around you.
    • This book will CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER. You will NEVER EVER be able to stop seeing peoples types. Your entire approach to human relationships will be different.
    • This theory is a great GIFT. Every time you give this theory to your friends they will see it as a life changing experience.
    • This theory is INSURANCE against bad relationships for you and for your friends and relatives."

Oh @Maritsa I am sorry for you, so sorry, genuinely, this is not sarcasm.
    You are jumping to conclusions here. ONE detractor of the book does not mean its all wrong. It means ONE READER thinks VI is useless. I myself have not read the book and I do not consider myself much of a VI typer at all, though, I have seen some consistency in the physical descriptions. Sometimes its a gaze thing or other such thing that's easier to identify in real life. I conclude that the book and the theory are like most other things: some truth, some misses. IMO, If @Maritsa takes an interest in VI, it may be she has a talent for it, and has been able to glean the truth out if it. You certainly cannot make the leap that if she has identified with and uses the book then she must also have fallen for the book jacket's exaggerated "promises", hook, line and sinker. (and the book jackets are often written by the publisher).

And @Jadae16t, since you and Maritsa were an item and have had a falling out, its not very classy of you to share anything you know about her or how she does things on this forum, and certainly not to say anything that can be inferred as at all disparaging about her. That's really in bad taste. You need to practice a little self control here.

Anyway, Gem, I am just saying, she might have a talent for VI. Stick with a discipline long enough and you glean something. She certainly must make misses sometimes and if you are sure on a particular miss or two or three that does automatically follow that she is no good at VI, or that VI is all made up.

Just saying. With VI, I think there is something to it, IMO.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 10-23-2013 at 02:38 AM.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that the idea of phrenology is dangerous and socially destructive, and that the author of that book supports phrenology. I'd go as far as to call phrenology evil.
    Wow. Its a likely conclusion there, as it did have the look of one of those fly-by-night theories and while it may have been popular for a time, if its evil and destructive at base, people do get it and stay away. Hence no new artists to decorate the theory.

As to another author supporting a false thing as true, it does not follow that also whatever else the author supports or writes is also false. For example, there are a lot of religions I am completely convinced are false, including atheism. However, that does not mean that I cannot be enlightened by good and useful truths from those who also support or even live by such false things.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    gross.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are jumping to conclusions here. ONE detractor of the book does not mean its all wrong. It means ONE READER thinks VI is useless. I myself have not read the book and I do not consider myself much of a VI typer at all, though, I have seen some consistency in the physical descriptions. Sometimes its a gaze thing or other such thing that's easier to identify in real life. I conclude that the book and the theory are like most other things: some truth, some misses. IMO, If Maritsa takes an interest in VI, it may be she has a talent for it, and has been able to glean the truth out if it. You certainly cannot make the leap that if she has identified with and uses the book then she must also have fallen for the book jacket's exaggerated "promises", hook, line and sinker. (and the book jackets are often written by the publisher).

And @Jadae16t, since you and Maritsa were an item and have had a falling out, its not very classy of you to share anything you know about her or how she does things on this forum, and certainly not to say anything that can be inferred as at all disparaging about her. That's really in bad taste. You need to practice a little self control here.

Anyway, Gem, I am just saying, she might have a talent for VI. Stick with a discipline long enough and you glean something. She certainly must make misses sometimes and if you are sure on a particular miss or two or three that does automatically follow that she is no good at VI, or that VI is all made up.

Just saying. With VI, I think there is something to it, IMO.

Follow the link Eliza, you can view excerpts of the book yourself, it's very sad. Jadae has not done anything wrong, as shayley mentioned there was a thread about it before. It was therefore not private information. Also it's a book, for sale on the public market, it's hardly maritsa's diary. It deviates very far off the beaten track of what most people here understand of socionics. Vi Eliza, is essentially phrenology, it is looking at face shape, feature size etc. It does place some relevance on expression but not much and you would need a whole heap of photos to really understand a persons most used expressions. You can not do what the book promises, it's snake oil. Ah you clearly missed the bunny boiling that occurred, what you see is the aftermath.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Its a likely conclusion there, as it did have the look of one of those fly-by-night theories and while it may have been popular for a time, if its evil and destructive at base, people do get it and stay away. Hence no new artists to decorate the theory.

As to another author supporting a false thing as true, it does not follow that also whatever else the author supports or writes is also false. For example, there are a lot of religions I am completely convinced are false, including atheism. However, that does not mean that I cannot be enlightened by good and useful truths from those who also support or even live by such false things.
    I understand this, but how do you feel when you are being preached to by those followers and told you are wrong in your beliefs, do you give their opinions on that much weight?

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Follow the link Eliza, you can view excerpts of the book yourself, it's very sad. Jadae has not done anything wrong, as shayley mentioned there was a thread about it before. It was therefore not private information. Also it's a book, for sale on the public market, it's hardly maritsa's diary. It deviates very far off the beaten track of what most people here understand of socionics. Vi Eliza, is essentially phrenology, it is looking at face shape, feature size etc. It does place some relevance on expression but not much and you would need a whole heap of photos to really understand a persons most used expressions. You can not do what the book promises, it's snake oil. Ah you clearly missed the bunny boiling that occurred, what you see is the aftermath.
    And the descriptions of the types are not describing face shape and size? Would you like me to point some out to you?

Would you like a picture of myself that describes an EII?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

EII: Quiet, affable, even gentle - such characteristics come to mind when the discussion turns to girls of INFj type. Her face frequently has wide cheek-bones, an elegant chin, and large, brightly shining eyes. Some of them have thin face bone structure and look youthful into old age. The appearance of representatives of this type is generally soft and compassionate. Discreet, kind smile appears frequently and lingers on their face. This girl is always ready to listen and to support others, and if required, to give quiet comfort and a breath of hope.
    -

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@anndelise, do you think there is a chance that you are supervising Eliza as I personally think that you are underestimating Eliza, giving her discomfort and even patronizing her and no I don't want to point out exactly where I think these things have occurred. Just it seems to me that Eliza is likely Fi dominant and reading interactions between you both makes me wonder if you supervise her as she hasn't walked away but is paying attention to you but doesn't seem to quite understand you.
    This would make the relationship either INFj & ESFp or ISFj & ENFp.
    What do you think @eliza?
    I am flattered you have given this thought Shaley. I have some good EII friends and we truly are in Mirror relations. Yes, a lot of Fi in me, and its "showing" in this back and forth with Anndelise because we have frustrated each other in these communications. I think we are going to get through it though. If may seem she is supervising because she is so bold in asserting her truths, and not shy to express mad when she is mad, and my more subdued or restrained reactions might seem like I am being victimized by a dominating Supervisor, but that's not the case. I don't feel victimized. I do feel some discomfort when things get heated and I want peaceful relations so I prefer to say a conversation is not that important to have if people are getting mad so I back off, not because I have been wounded but just because I just want everybody to get along.

If you want to see a clear case of Supervision, IMO -- my OWN opinion, and this is not Ann's or Kims; they have a different view - look at Ann or @Kim interact with @Maritsa, boss her and not "get" her at all, and watch Maritsa lose all her good manners, just as any exasperated Supervisee backed up against a wall would. And meanwhile the Supervisor is thinking what the heck is wrong with her??

In my opinion, that's what is going on with @Geminatronix and Maritsa right now. Maritsa won't talk to her, and Gem is wondering what the heck is wrong? Its a big puzzle to her. But if Gem is her Supervisor, just being herself is imposing and aggressive to Supervisee. And I think Gem is trying to be quite nice in this, but its hard for a Supervisee not to irritate. And we are all Supervisee to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Just so we are clear, I'm pretty sure that it's not just me that she claims she doesn't understand.
    I'm not the only one she has problems with.
    I say that because I don't want other readers to treat me as a scapegoat...as if I am the one that causes all of Eliza's problems in this forum..
    Ann, I don't see you as "causing me problems. I see us as having a communication glitch which we have not solved yet and I don;t feel like I am a victim of anything. You have gotten mad but I do not blame all on you. I realize I shut down or bow out in the middle of conversations sometimes and that must be frustrating when you have invested in the conversation. I am trying to do better and to understand.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    EII: Quiet, affable, even gentle - such characteristics come to mind when the discussion turns to girls of INFj type. Her face frequently has wide cheek-bones, an elegant chin, and large, brightly shining eyes. Some of them have thin face bone structure and look youthful into old age. The appearance of representatives of this type is generally soft and compassionate. Discreet, kind smile appears frequently and lingers on their face. This girl is always ready to listen and to support others, and if required, to give quiet comfort and a breath of hope.

Source?

I imagine it's the socionic.com site which is referred to by even your own bloggspot source as an 'alternative' or 'associative' model of socionics. Filatova even stated herself that Vi was not reliable, she was just experimenting with her 'portraits'. There is no reliable source or method of Vi as yet maritsa.

The problem with photographic Vi is it is a snapshot, you can not read enough info out of a snapshot or even several snapshots... you would need closer to thousands in all sorts of situations over a period of time and even then it would not be completely reliable.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Source?

I imagine it's the socionic.com site which is referred to by even your own bloggspot source as an 'alternative' or 'associative' model of socionics. Filatova even stated herself that Vi was not reliable, she was just experimenting with her 'portraits'. There is no reliable source or method of Vi as yet maritsa.

The problem with photographic Vi is it is a snapshot, you can not read enough info out of a snapshot or even several snapshots... you would need closer to thousands in all sorts of situations over a period of time and even then it would not be completely reliable.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...NFj-by-Beskova

Twist twist twist....on baby you go. The problem is upon reading such descriptions, people like you are still in denial.

I'll give you a little hint. You don't look like IEE and Eliza does. In fact, Eliza is so good about her intuition that often times she doesn't even use VI. What she does is just listens to a person. But, it hasn't been uncommon for her to just identify other IEE just by watching shows, like Bachelorette. Miraculously enough, me using the VI description often get if faster because I can just look at them.
    -

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I have really come to appreciate the combination of sociotype and enneagram because it accounts for so many differences you might observe in people of the same type.
    accounts for differences? Do you believe that typological systems are natural phenomena that were discovered or imperfect, man-made models of human personality that we apply to behavior or "preference) or other(please explain)? Do you believe that people can be accurately typed via VI? Do you believe a)complete strangers, b)close friends and family, c)casual acquaintances can be accurately typed with/without VI, conversely do you believe one is exclusively capable of determining one's type? How many of these questions are you going to answer? How many answers will be vague and require another reply seeking more information to fill the gaps?

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand this, but how do you feel when you are being preached to by those followers and told you are wrong in your beliefs, do you give their opinions on that much weight?
    I am all okay with that kind of discussion (I presume you are referring to religious discussions by firm believers of other faiths). Because I admire people who think through what they believe in, and live as they believe. Some may try to proselytize particularly those whose faith traditions offer a formula for how to proselytize but I am too aware of the formulas for too many traditions.

We were talking aobut Te valuing and one thing I value is continuing to understand people's belief systems. I love to talk about that with people and also am sensitive to not insult anyone's belief system yet if they are open to talking I'm happy to say the problem I have with their beliefs. I enjoy the process of selecting ONE thing for them to think about, I enjoy listening to them and discerning what might be that ONE point to point out. If won't if it will insult though.

It can be an exhausting conversation with someone zealous in their mistaken belief but I don't mind getting into a discussion with even those.I have a whole list of Apologist heros: Scott Hahn, Peter Kreft, Karl Keating, Patrrik Madrid, shelves of books by these and others on apologetics. Yeah, its kind of a hobby.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion, that's what is going on with @Geminatronix and Maritsa right now. Maritsa won't talk to her, and Gem is wondering what the heck is wrong? Its a big puzzle to her. But if Gem is her Supervisor, just being herself is imposing and aggressive to Supervisee. And I think Gem is trying to be quite nice in this, but its hard for a Supervisee not to irritate. And we are all Supervisee to someone.
    Eliza, mirror relations as described by Gulenko...

"V.V. Gulenko "Criteria of reciprocity"

Disorienting discussion

There is usually an interesting and even exchange of views with one's mirror partner. However, there is also a sense of growing intellectual competition, which over time leads one partner to disengage. Follow-up discussions often assume increasingly controversial content and are disorienting in nature. However, the interest towards opinion of the partner does not disappear, thus partners make each other return to their original positions. Much greater degree of reciprocity is found when they engage in joint affairs."

Food for thought.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Disorienting discussion

There is usually an interesting and even exchange of views with one's mirror partner. However, there is also a sense of growing intellectual competition, which over time leads one partner to disengage. Follow-up discussions often assume increasingly controversial content and are disorienting in nature. However, the interest towards opinion of the partner does not disappear, thus partners make each other return to their original positions. Much greater degree of reciprocity is found when they engage in joint affairs."

Food for thought.
    So, you think that you and Eliza are having an intellectual competition?
    -

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if I followed that logic then based on past interactions Maritsa may be my supervisor.
    Oh,what type are you and does Maritsa think you are a different type?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Oh,what type are you and does Maritsa think you are a different type?
    I type her SEE. When she first came here Cyclopes typed her as EII and I tried my heart and soul to explain to her about all the misconceptions yet her static about something that she'd read or been fed was unchanging. Hence her perception could only evolve with herself and her own understanding of things.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Disorienting discussion

Food for thought.
    I'm not talking to you because of intellectual competition...I'm not talking to you because your perception isn't even slightly evaluated. When I ask you if you're sensitive to your environment, how do you answer me? And, when I also ask you Gem, are you easily distracted by things, forgetting or putting aside matters that need to be taken care of in such a time organizational way...how do you answer to that?
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...NFj-by-Beskova

Twist twist twist....on baby you go. The problem is upon reading such descriptions, people like you are still in denial.

Oh wow, the comments below that article, hilarious.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Good, I'm glad you skipped to the important part.
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ann, I don't see you as "causing me problems. I see us as having a communication glitch which we have not solved yet and I don;t feel like I am a victim of anything. You have gotten mad but I do not blame all on you. I realize I shut down or bow out in the middle of conversations sometimes and that must be frustrating when you have invested in the conversation. I am trying to do better and to understand.
    I do not see you as a victim.
    I include you as a perpetuator of the problems.

I don't get mad when you "shut down or bow out in the middle of conversations".
    It's frustrating yes. But not worth wasting much emotion on.

Please don't think that your 'bowing out of conversations' is the reason for my spouts of aggression towards you.
    It takes significantly more than that to get me into that mode.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

More like bullied me at every chance you could
    You kept denying that any behavior which I pointed out was a mere misconception was actually related to you and because of that when I explained how Se was not related to violence and such you kept pulling quotes from sites describing Se and saying "that isn't me."

You did with me as all SEE do when I try to explain the functions to them. Se is related to sensory perception, that which is sensitive to it's environment as it senses colors, "perceives outward sensory data projected by objects. Unless objects change their appearance significantly, the impression will not change."

Hence your impression of what SEE and EII were were not changed easily.
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miraculously enough, me using the VI description often get if faster because I can just look at them.
    By your own definition, "looking" is proof of Se ego.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You are like me in this regard. It's because the energy becomes intolerable
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not talking to you because of intellectual competition...I'm not talking to you because your perception isn't even slightly evaluated. When I ask you if you're sensitive to your environment, how do you answer me? And, when I also ask you Gem, are you easily distracted by things, forgetting or putting aside matters that need to be taken care of in such a time organizational way...how do you answer to that?
    I don't 'answer' you Maritsa, I tried to communicate with you, i really did, like many others have done, but i see now that you deserve pity. Yes I am easily distracted, I am not organised in the slightest, I wish i was, it's something i really need help with. I'm not particularly sensitive to my environment in as much as my home is not what would be called 'neat' or tidy, but I am happy with it, it does not bother me, i prefer to have things that mean something to me. But i do not like vivid things, things that are too bright or loud (I can not stand gifs for example).

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    By your own definition, "looking" is proof of Se ego.
    Took me 7 years to look what do you call that when you can do it in an instant? If it takes me 7 years to look at orange and remember what orange it is and you one second, which one of us has Se deficiency?
    -

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*goes off to read the comments*

Haha! I had forgotten about that thread. Happy to oblige.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't 'answer' you Maritsa, I tried to communicate with you, i really did, like many others have done, but i see now that you deserve pity. Yes I am easily distracted, I am not organised in the slightest, I wish i was, it's something i really need help with. I'm not particularly sensitive to my environment in as much as my home is not what would be called 'neat' or tidy, but I am happy with it, it does not bother me, i prefer to have things that mean something to me. But i do not like vivid things, things that are too bright or loud (I can not stand gifs for example).
    Do you clean? When you do so how anal are you about it?
    -

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast