Thread: castration of sex offenders

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    I'm my own law...fuck your law system....
    You're a piece of pathetic trolling Shit.

Edit: I am sorry: beati sunt in spiritu pauperes
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 10-22-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think he understands Chinese, Daft.

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wonder what handless muslims do for work

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Legerdemain View Post
    wonder what handless muslims do for work
    Most of the time you keep one

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    You're a piece of pathetic trolling Shit.

Edit: I am sorry: beati sunt in spiritu pauperes
    shove your apology up your butt...with whatever else you shove up it

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckr View Post
    Since you'd be faced with the prospect of innocent people getting their genitals sliced off thanks to overzealous prosecutors pushing for maximum penalties. Reckless judges deciding that a 19-y/o convicted on a technicality of statutory rape for sex with his 17-y/o girlfriend is a 'menace to society' and sentencing them to castration. And so on.
    Statutory rape isn't paedophilia.

LIE, ehhh.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Correct.
    Yea, title read reads paedophilia and you're talking about statutory rape. In case, the U.S. legal whatever it is called treats paedopihlia as statutory rape - God bless America.

LUL.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool story bro.
    Well, the number one problem in your country is apathy, but who cares.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    shove your apology up your butt...with whatever else you shove up it
    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I don't think he understands Chinese, Daft.
    @Absurd quod erat demonstrandum

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    @Absurd quod erat demonstrandum
    Yeah, sure. Cum tener uxorem ducat spado.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What about those poor surgeons who'll be spending their days piling up those tainted privates?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Moon Base: Austr-iberia

I'm what you might call a humanist. I believe that human beings are born with certain inalienable rights. Namely, not getting your shwing-shwong swiped or your clit snipped. I know I'm not perfect and god forbid that next time I watch Miley Cyrus twerk all up in Robin Thicke's business at the VMAs the government sets up an appointment to poach my pecker. However, the moment I start blaring some of that tween love in the quiet section of my local library you can bet I'll be kicked out in short order.

There, ladies and gentlemen, is our solution. In the library that is the great nation we call America certain songs are not to be played. So if you want to go on raping, pillaging, and committing all sorts of lecherous debauchery then that's fine, ya just can't do it where our fine citizens are metaphorically trying to study for a calc exam. So I say to all you morally suspect individuals, we've got a moon base just for you and extradition passes aplenty.

Now sit down, shut up, and stap in because it's a long trip and you aren't coming back.
    Easy Day

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

men were born to rape and pillage.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    men were born to rape and pillage.
    So your father pillaged a village and nine months later the world was presented with you?

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering how many sex offenders who are released repeat their crimes it's something that needs to be done. I think I'd do it on a case by case basis if I was in charge though. Still I'd rather side too heavy on castration than the other way.
    Since this happened in Alabama I'm going to assume this law was inspired by the bible passage which prescibes castration for sex addiction.
    If I remember correctly, chemical castration isn't as effective as physical castration. Chemical castration I don't think is permanent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    That would be wrong in so many levels I don't have words for it. Just no. For people that struggle with unwanted desires and ask for it themselves (chemical?) castration sounds like a good idea, but I guess that's a different topic.
    The right to your own body is fundamental to me, and I don't want any government to interfere with that. All the arguments for compulsory castration that I've heard have seemed very emotion-based and primitive. I'd much prefer a society that focuses on harm reduction and rehabilitation of criminals, not taking a revenge and causing more suffering without even solving the original problem.
    A child has a right to their body not being abused... But the child sex offenders violate that right... thus they forfeit their rights.
    For a compulsive molester castration is going to be a liberating experience, really. They aren't going to like it. But in the end tHey'll be free of their compulsion and be able to lead a normal life (except having no working penis)
    Last edited by rat1; 11-18-2013 at 01:05 PM.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by returnofxenu View Post
    Considering how many sex offenders who are released repeat their crimes it's something that needs to be done. I think I'd do it on a case by case basis if I was in charge though. Still I'd rather side too heavy on castration than the other way.
    Since this happened in Alabama I'm going to assume this law was inspired by the bible passage which prescibes castration for sex addiction.
    If I remember correctly, chemical castration isn't as effective as physical castration. Chemical castration I don't think is permanent.

A child has a right to their body not being abused... But the child sex offenders violate that right... thus they forfeit their rights.
    For a compulsive molester castration is going to be a liberating experience, really. They aren't going to like it. But in the end tHey'll be free of their compulsion and be able to lead a normal life (except having no working penis)
    In german there's a special term for these kind of punishments it's called "spiegelnde strafen ("reflecting penaltys") e.g. cut the thief a hand off. Until the 19th century they were common punishments.
    In my opinion a heavy child abuser might even deserve this(castration) on a meta level still the singel case is not worth to throw essential human rights (e.g. human dignity) over board which are part of western democraties.

If a sexual offender wants to be castrated I think it's fair to lessen his prison penalty.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by returnofxenu View Post
    This is what I don't understand about all this. How does castration prevent recidivism? It's not like their penis makes them commit these crimes, it's their brains.

People talk about "thinking with your penis" but it's not literal...
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    This is what I don't understand about all this. How does castration prevent recidivism? It's not like their penis makes them commit these crimes, it's their brains.

sexual hormons influence your brain a lot

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not just kill the offenders and get it over with? If you're going to go that far that is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post

It's the penis and the brain dude. How is your brain going to tell your hand to move if you don't have a hand anymore? Maybe it will have phantom impulses for a while butr those are gona wear off.

TIM
    LSI- Se 6w5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What exactly would consist of sex offense and where would government draw the line of what is and isn't worthy of castration?

I am however for it if there was a system that seemed both fair and just.

Also in my personal opinion there would need to be PHYSICAL evidence and not based on hearsay before a person's member was cut off.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There might be men that have to forgo balls for the good of mankind... they are war casualties. As long as I'm not one of them I'm okay with it

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was actually slightly confused at first, I mixed up castration with penectomy. However, I have rethought my answer (which has nothing to do with the definition). I think I should defer judgement because I don't actually know the correlation rates to recidivism and castration. There are people with easier access to the data than I do who can probably make sounder judgements.
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alabama, eh? this law better not apply to any of the biblical patriarchs.

TIM
    ILI 5w6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how castration solves anything at all when the problem is with the brain (which has neuroplasticity enough to reorganize itself by forming new connections.)
    ILI 5w6

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why stop at sex offenders? We should cut out any thing and everything societies abhors. Worked for the chineses communists, the nazi's, and so on yada yada yada. Even works for online communities.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wacey View Post
    Why stop at sex offenders? We should cut out any thing and everything societies abhors. Worked for the chineses communists, the nazi's, and so on yada yada yada. Even works for online communities.
    you can't seriously be comparing the plight of pedophile sex offenders to the plight of jews in nazi germany..

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, essentially I am saying that blanket justice, taken to extreme by the nazi's, is no different then the kind of punishment that a society would give to a sex offender if it were allowed to removes his balls after he commits the crime of molestation.

You do not suddenly forfeit your rights to person hood because you have committed a crime against someone one elses. If that were the case then the rights of the individual would be completly null and void and the rights of society would be more important. Fortunately that is not how modern justice is set-up and it's for this reason we do not cut off peoples balls no matter how offensive their crimes. This idea of the rights of the individual is actually a product of world war two and is one of the main reasons the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was written. All in all this world is pretty advanced and enlightened. Enlightened enough not to demand a pound of flesh from the purputrator, which in my opinion would do nothing to help heal the victim. I'm sorry if you feel otherwise we are allowed to disagree.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PlacentaCake View Post
    I don't see how castration solves anything at all when the problem is with the brain (which has neuroplasticity enough to reorganize itself by forming new connections.)
    a lobotomy would take care of it much quicker

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's foremost the victims that abhor it, then society at large if you want to go there. it's not just an arbitrary social disagreement when you have definite victims. Pedophiles will always try to justify what they do by arguing that the children actually enjoy it. Well a child is powerless, and people learn to enjoy pain to get through it... that's how stockholm syndrome develops.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You do not suddenly forfeit your rights to person hood because you have committed a crime against someone one elses.
    it's not personhood. it's balls. in my view taking away someones freedom is at least as much a violation of personhood. hell, we even have a death penalty.

i'm trying to grasp your mindset better by imagining myself befriending a pedophile and seeing humanity in them, etc. and i can do that but i still don't mind the idea of them getting castrated if they raped a child.

that said i did change my mind about this anyway since its not like it would stop a sick person from fondling or a woman or whatever.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    it's not personhood. it's balls. in my view taking away someones freedom is at least as much a violation of personhood. hell, we even have a death penalty.

i'm trying to grasp your mindset better by imagining myself befriending a pedophile and seeing humanity in them, etc. and i can do that but i still don't mind the idea of them getting castrated if they raped a child.

that said i did change my mind about this anyway since its not like it would stop a sick person from fondling or a woman or whatever.
    IMO castration is more humiliating than death penalty.

I also don't support death penalty btw.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123