Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Examples of and reactions to PoLR "Hits"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Examples of and reactions to PoLR "Hits"

So can anyone provide an explanation, considering that the supervisee should be feeling "pain".

Also, in a conflicting relationship, how does pain occur, for example between INTj and ESFp?

Why does this pain not occur between INTj and ESTp?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    So can anyone provide an explanation, considering that the supervisee should be feeling "pain".

Also, in a conflicting relationship, how does pain occur, for example between INTj and ESFp?

Why does this pain not occur between INTj and ESTp?

About the INTj-ESTp, for example, ESTps have Ti, so they will however provide logical motivations for their actions. This will upset less the INTj. On the contrary, ESFp are the most likely to take decision "just because they want to" (no offence meant here).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it goes like this.

In a an INTj-ESFp conflicting relationship, the ESFp will notice the INTj's weak in imposing his will or in spatial awareness - like, "how could you let that guy get away with that? Go there and tell him to fuck off!" or "what do you mean you never noticed that house I'm telling you about? You drive past it every day! Are you blind?"

The INTj will listen to the ESFp's interpretation of an event, and then go on to dismantle the ESFp's "logic". "What you just said makes no sense whatsoever, it actually went like this" etc hitting the ESFp's .

Between ESTp and INTj is more one-sided, since the ESTp will still say the same things as the ESFp, above, but he won't be sensitive to attacks on his logic since it's also strong.

Between ISTps and ENTjs, I think I have an explanation -- the ISTp probably does notice the ENTj's weak and that makes the ISTp have a low opinion of the ENTj's abilities. However, the ISTps are perhaps less inclined to actually say something because of their PoLR, which makes them insecure as to how people will react to criticisms.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about for isfp and entj

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about for isfp and entj
    Of course I can only give the ENTj's point of view. But I think it's straightforward.

We hit the ISFp's PoLR basically in pointing out that their actions make no sense from the point of view of efficiency and logical way of doing things, or by seeming to be better informed than they are, so coming across as "know it alls".

In theory, ISFps would hit my PoLR regarding the tidiness of my appearance, surroundings, desk, car, etc. But the problem is, I usually don't really care about such things, so most people can hit this PoLR of mine all they want and I don't care - except in situations, such as work-related, where a weak may damage me due to its importance to others. Then it becomes a concern.

So, in practice, what happens between me and most ISFps is not a mutual PoLR smacking, but rather, I hit their PoLR, and they seem to see it as a personal attack, or as bullshit, and they counter-argue using , which leaves me totally baffled.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never really understood the entj polr, and still don't.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never really understood the entj polr, and still don't.
    Ok, I'll try to describe it from others' point of view --

Most obviously, it is a sort of insensitivity to aesthetics. For instance, I will wear the same clothes on two different social occasions, but I don't expect people to notice it, or to care, because I don't notice that on other people, unless I made a conscious effort to pay attention to that (which I usually don't). But then someone will ask me, "why are you always wearing the same clothes, everybody noticed it and found it odd".

Likewise, it doesn't disturb me in the least whether my car, or my desk, is untidy, as long as I can find my way in the untidiness. And I don't care, nor do I even notice, if others' desks or cars are untidy. But some people do notice it, and do care.

Louise gave a good example in this thread, http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...r=asc&start=15 , about a former ENTj boss:

Well - once she wore the same clothes that she wears to work, out to this guy's birthday party...people thought that was a little strange.
    That is the ENTj's problem regarding their PoLR. Her boss probably did not care about her own clothes enough to pick others for the party, and since she probably seldom notices what others are wearing, she assumed that nobody would notice - or care - what she was wearing, either.

That may be extended to most aspects of sensorial perception.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CEO of my agency is an entj and she decorates all the locations beautifully.

She's a snappy dresser, too.
    Entp
    ILE

Creepy-pokeball

I dont understand the emphasis of aesthetics with Si/Ni. What happened to the emphasis with time and space?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    The CEO of my agency is an entj and she decorates all the locations beautifully.

She's a snappy dresser, too.
    My description of the ENTj PoLR is taken not only from socionics texts but from the personal experiences of ENTjs on this forum, not only myself.

So if that doesn't seem to fit your CEO, what can I say, except to take the easy way out and suggest she's not ENTj, or that, being made aware of that weakness, especially as a woman, she goes out of her way, consciously, to compensate for it.

Or how else would you describe the ENTj's PoLR?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    I dont understand the emphasis of aesthetics with Si/Ni. What happened to the emphasis with time and space?
    The problem with socionics is the problem with everything that becomes popular, people start to deviate too far from where we started off. I've started to realize that people make a lot of crap up that seems to do little with Jung's original funcitons.

Introverted Sensation has to do with the subjestive sensation of objects, and personal space. That's it. It has to do with taking a litte bit from an outside object, then closing yourself off from that object. Introverted Sensing says to itself, "What's the point? Why do I need these 'objects' anymore? I can already feel them without them being there. I can sense it whenever I want."

Introverted Sensing needs some sort of "sensation" that they can be able to pull as many different feelings and meanings out of, otherwise they get bored with it. We need to experience one thing in a hundred ways.

Having a weak Si means that you don't relate to what I just said, lol.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    The problem with socionics is the problem with everything that becomes popular, people start to deviate too far from where we started off. I've started to realize that people make a lot of crap up that seems to do little with Jung's original funcitons.

Introverted Sensation has to do with the subjestive sensation of objects, and personal space. That's it. It has to do with taking a litte bit from an outside object, then closing yourself off from that object. Introverted Sensing says to itself, "What's the point? Why do I need these 'objects' anymore? I can already feel them without them being there. I can sense it whenever I want."

Introverted Sensing needs some sort of "sensation" that they can be able to pull as many different feelings and meanings out of, otherwise they get bored with it. We need to experience one thing in a hundred ways.

Having a weak Si means that you don't relate to what I just said, lol.
    Yeah, that is a pretty good way of saying what Si is to other people who relate to Si, but if I did not understand beforehand that Si is faithfulness to the quality of a known experience, I would not have a clue what this means.

Creepy-pokeball

Thanks for answering!

I had a weird thought today. I remembered meeting someone at the Oregon Coast Aquarium 2 summer's ago. I thought it was funny that she was the first person I ever knew that liked to actually touch and memorize the textures of objects. I do it all the time which is why I noticed. I memorize the imprint which helps me later remember it. This is especially helpful with plants and their numerous genera, species, subspecies and cultivars. She tested as an MBTI INFP btw. Not that it means anything. Do you think there is any correlation? Im betting in a PEP survey that we'd both test highest for visual (because it builds up for unseen layers behind and within the instantly visual layers) but what about in type? And why her? I still remember my aunt always scolding me for wanting to touch everything lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si is not faithful to the quality of a known experience. One of the problems occurs when an Si type becomes TOO detached from the object. It's bases itself off some sort of outside object initially, but, as I said, closes itself off from that object, which means we become unfaithful to it over time.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jadae: Are you saying that having a weak Introverted Sensing is like needing to touch everything? I think I might agree...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si is not faithful to the quality of a known experience. One of the problems occurs when an Si type becomes TOO detached from the object. It's bases itself off some sort of outside object initially, but, as I said, closes itself off from that object, which means we become unfaithful to it over time.
    Just as a function in itself, I would agree with what you said above ... but placing the function inside of the socionic model where it will be interacting with other functions will make it behave the way I implied.

Creepy-pokeball

Jadae: Are you saying that having a weak Introverted Sensing is like needing to touch everything? I think I might agree...
    I dont know what Im saying. Im curious/wondering. I cant really even answer your statement without knowing for sure her true type and my own.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Jadae, I can actually see what you are saying.

I can see the same thing in my ENFj Mom. Ever since I was young, I could sense that she was just "different". I always felt like she didn't know when to restrain herself or not have to touch something. Interestingly, my INTp Dad, I can see, has a similar problem, if somewhat differnt. He likes to touch people (like me) when it's clear we are sensitve to touch and want to be left alone. I remembered Cone saying that he actually does this to people as well, so I took a mental note of it, becaue it reminded me of my Dad. It makes perfect sense it is a poor Si which makes these types need somesort of Se. I guess these are the types of things that I sort of noticed before, but it's interesting to bring them to conciousness with words (which is often hard for perceivers...).

This is the kind of talk I said I'd like to have more of.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Needing to touch is a strong Se.
    thing.

Creepy-pokeball

Cool As long as no one gets on my case for being "too serious," it's fine with me.

I'm hoping the INFp and INFj's can comment on this aspect. It would help a lot. Actually, even INTp and INTj as well.

Supervisor relations are hard for me to deal with. The biggest issue I think is that ENFjs are constantly trying to reassure me, help me and complement me which are all things that irk me. But at the same time I understand that they are being nice and that they are not trying to be condescending, so I avoid confrontation. I don’t think these relationships are as healthy as they appear on the surface.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ENFj friend was a bit too controlling at times, plus our interests just seemed to progressively differ as we aged. Other than that, he was the only true nonconformist I've ever known.

For me, arguing with Jadae is like fighting a bear. It seems like I always miss what he has viewed in perfect clarity. No matter what you do, you are going to get mauled.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    My supervisor is ESFp, is that right? If it is, I'm not sure that I've ever met one IRL.

My polr is Se, right? Which means?

Se is
    Energetic nature. Very firm. Natural tendency toward leadership. Excellent in judging the powerfulness of people. Skill to achieve goals despite any obstacles. Strong will. Firmness. Acting with firmness. Unwavering. Skill to instantly create situations and arrange forces. Accurately judge how strong-willed a person is. Strong will power. Focused on achieving an end result. Your persistence increases in proportion to the number of obstacles there are. Skill to make decisions on the basis of incomplete data. You will not be taken away from what you are focused on doing.
    So, what would that mean if it's my polr -- that I lack all of these traits? Or what exactly?
    If you have a function in your Super-Ego block, then you have either an inferior or superiority complex about it and are either making it look bigger than it really is or protecting it from notice because you are touchy about it.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if my brother might be an INTj. I bet I can get him to take a test.

So if he is, would he be my supervisor or would I be his? It feels like I would be his supervisor, but he's younger than I am so it's hard to tell.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could someone explain what putting pressure on a Se polr would be like?
    Forcing someone with an Se PoLR to be more considerate about new experiences or to force to consider alot of facts, figures, statistics is a way to piss him or her off.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, mcnew.

Well I recognize that I don't have any of the traits mentioned for Se, so I guess that's a start. I can't have a superiority complex about it in that case. I'm not sure I have an inferiority complex either though.

I think I do have some sort of complex about Ti though, because I very much disliked MysticSonic for some time after some of the things he said, and how he was critisizing my logic. I also got PO'd at Gilligan for the same reason. But that's my role function right? So maybe that's the reason for that reaction.
    That sounds like ENFp or INFp ...

Creepy-pokeball

Exactly Diane!

Side note: How many have read Jung's books? Ive always wondered what he was on. I also love the cultural bias of the time lol.

Another side note: I asked my best friend what he thought of me being intro or extro. His answer, after deciphering his crappy writing in email, was the summary of, "Youre extroverted around me and those we know but not others." That wasnt very helpful lol. He also stated that I was too serious bah lol. One of the funny things I find is that the desciptions for half the functions in INFj and ENFj sound extremely similar in the sense that both are reserved in new suroundings and people and expressive in comfortable settings. So confusing sometimes...

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    My ENFj friend was a bit too controlling at times, plus our interests just seemed to progressively differ as we aged. Other than that, he was the only true nonconformist I've ever known.

For me, arguing with Jadae is like fighting a bear. It seems like I always miss what he has viewed in perfect clarity. No matter what you do, you are going to get mauled.
    I was raised by an internet den of INTJ's

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, you must be the most dangerous threat to the Gammas.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't relate to that at all.

For me, the PoLR is accurately described in rmcnew's site, especially the highlighted bits (in my own particular case):

avoiding surrounding details or noticing too much detail and obsessing about it, suspicion or defensiveness about personal appearance, distant physical look in eyes and appearing to others as though unaware, walking or looking past people, objects, and things as though they were not there, static taste and inflexible habits, unsure of aesthetic understanding, or an obsession with cleanliness.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    I wonder if my brother might be an INTj. I bet I can get him to take a test.

So if he is, would he be my supervisor or would I be his? It feels like I would be his supervisor, but he's younger than I am so it's hard to tell.
    The INTj is the ENFp's supervisor.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Expat

For me, the PoLR is accurately described in rmcnew's site, especially the highlighted bits (in my own particular case):

avoiding surrounding details or noticing too much detail and obsessing about it, suspicion or defensiveness about personal appearance, distant physical look in eyes and appearing to others as though unaware, walking or looking past people, objects, and things as though they were not there, static taste and inflexible habits, unsure of aesthetic understanding, or an obsession with cleanliness.
    This is the kind of thing I'd love to explore. I cannot deduce it to anything social, cultural, from my past, etc. And why her, too? I still remember her vividly as she traced the face of the large-scale bat model there just like I would (and did).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it was a luck-of-the-draw developmental kind of thing, like one day you just thought, "I think I'll feel things today."

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another side note: I asked my best friend what he thought of me being intro or extro. His answer, after deciphering his crappy writing in email, was the summary of, "Youre extroverted around me and those we know but not others." That wasnt very helpful lol. He also stated that I was too serious bah lol. One of the funny things I find is that the desciptions for half the functions in INFj and ENFj sound extremely similar in the sense that both are reserved in new suroundings and people and expressive in comfortable settings. So confusing sometimes...
    I'm not sure whether to ask someone else whether you are extroverted or introverted in the common meaning of those terms is very helpful. I am getting the impression that too many people are too quick to rule out some possible typings because "no way I'm an extrovert" etc.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could someone explain what putting pressure on a Se polr would be like?
    Besides what rmcnew said, I think that INFjs's PoLR is most sensitive regarding aggressive behavior from others - the sort of "we'll do this because that's what I want, and that is that. No further discussion" kind of behavior.

Creepy-

I agree as well. I tend to be very touchy although I am slightly paranoid about personal space so I tend to leave the touching (and accidental breaking ) to inanimate objects.

In human biology I loved playing with the hominid skulls. I don't think I can relate to objects unless I deliberately engage them in that way.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat

I agree.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Diana: fair enough, but what if that had not been an option - if you somehow had to work with someone like that?

An aspect of the PoLR of INFjs is a dislike for using sheer authoritarian arguments without much logic or emotion to back them up. So INFjs tend either to yield - or run away - in situation when they are faced with such arguments, or explode in a sudden outburst of such arguments. But they have difficulty navigating between the two according to the circumstances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expat wrote:
    An aspect of the PoLR of INFjs is a dislike for using sheer authoritarian arguments without much logic or emotion to back them up. So INFjs tend either to yield - or run away - in situation when they are faced with such arguments, or explode in a sudden outburst of such arguments. But they have difficulty navigating between the two according to the circumstances.
    This is true for me too. A lot of it has to do with feeling that such behaviour is very aggressive (and aggressive = dangerous in my mind) and as such intimidating. The other side of that is also true - I have huge issues trying to push/enforce my will on people. Part of it is that I really don't know how, part of it is that I feel almost evil doing it. But maybe that's just me and completely unrelated to type.
    Possibly ethical-intuitive introvert.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast