Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Examples of and reactions to PoLR "Hits"

Creepy-

Yeah, sort of like that.

It's disturbing. But especially when people do it more so, or worse. Or like this one time where a woman could almost pop her eyeballs out of her head, it seemed.

very unpleasant

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the first time peter came to visit me we were sitting on the couch and I started moving my finger toward his eye and touched his eyeball. I was like "I can't believe you let me touch your eyeball!" and he was like "you're the one who touched it. I didn't actually think you were going to." or something like that
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this thread. I was sitting on the train thinking about this myself this morning!

I would be happy to hit his polr if someone explains how.. Nah im joking i like him so i wouldn't want to.

Can someone explain breifly what a polr is? Is it the same as the point of least resistance or something? What would one do to hit my ENFP polr? (not neccessarily an invitation i dont want to cry... j/k)

ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    Can someone explain breifly what a polr is? Is it the same as the point of least resistance or something?
    Yes.

What would one do to hit my ENFP polr? (not neccessarily an invitation i dont want to cry... j/k)

- so we could start writing things like MysticSonic and Pedro do.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROFL.. Thanks rocky.. Im giggling atm because a really easy way to hit my polr would have been to pay me out for not knowing that POLR stood for point of least resistance

Although in my defense i was on a call when i asked the question so distracted.

Hmm its interesting to know your weak points. I would say my polr is easier then to hit than some of the other polrs. Hmm
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems Extraverted PoLRs are easier to hit, because people don't seem to criticize with their Introverted functions in the first place.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Mariano... That's not how an INTj behaves. That's ISTj behaviour. And since that's pretty consistently how you behave on the forum all the time... What exactly makes you think you're an INTj?
    Therefore no Se PoLR for you. Please take your kicks in the head from ENTps and ENFps instead.
    Hmm... momentary happiness... must read some other bad threads.... Need more depression. Must reach blargh.
    And yeah, aside from ISTj behavior, I seem to recall a thread in which many VI'd you as ISTj.
    ok. lets say i am istj. hit my Ne polr. and i really didn't have a reaction to the pic posted by rocky.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What Is Ne PoLR?

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
    ok. lets say i am istj. hit my Ne polr. and i really didn't have a reaction to the pic posted by rocky.
    I think the trouble is that we do not actually have any real life examples of how Ne as PoLR would actually manifest. If you have Ne as place of least resistance it woud not be an obvious thing to notice, everyone thinks they can see a lot of options, but if you do not know what you are missing - perhaps one would only occasionally notice how some people like to come up with lot of irrelevancies and non-sequiturs...
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What Is Ne PoLR?

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    I think the trouble is that we do not actually have any real life examples of how Ne as PoLR would actually manifest. If you have Ne as place of least resistance it woud not be an obvious thing to notice, everyone thinks they can see a lot of options, but if you do not know what you are missing - perhaps one would only occasionally notice how some people like to come up with lot of irrelevancies and non-sequiturs....
    Ne polr comes up with a lot of irrelevancies and non-sequiturs?
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, but those with Ne as PoLR could experience the use of extraverted intuition in that way.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

Reactions to this.
    That's disguisting. If I keep looking at it I'll probably get a vomiting compulsion.(seriously)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: hit my polr

lol, what is that? it didn't really provoke any sort of reaction in me
    Yeah same here doesn't even make me blink.

Scratch your nails on a chalk board and i will run you through with a spear tho
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mate is a INFJ and hes over right now, and he hasn't found that picture disturbing at all. I find it interesting that winterpark and someone else mentioned their daughter with strong sensing found this horrible. Maybe u had it the wrong way around

My mate says goatse would hit him pretty hard though. Me too
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What Is Ne PoLR?

Ne polr comes up with a lot of irrelevancies and non-sequiturs?
    yes!!!!! That's a great way of describing it.

meatburger, I love the way you say "mate". For some reason, "boyfriend" implies that the relationship is not serious, and "husband" implies that there are all kinds of legal and societal bullshit connotations. Mate is simple though. It is accurate.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Joy.. Hehe im thinking about laughing right now because i have a feeling you might have interpreted the word mate in an interesting way. Did you think i meant mate as in a partner?

I was actually talking about my friend. In australia, our friends are our "Mates"

Hehe
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    Let me think of my former ISTj office mate (use of word mate there).

I was in charge of training her. Then I'd have to make sure she was doing things properly. She came up with these intensely inefficient ways of doing what we'd been doing without her extra steps for ages. As a result, she kept having to work overtime. So I'd tell her, "If you're marking the information off on this sheet, you don't need to do x, y and z." She HATED me telling her she was doing things in a way that wasted too much time. But that was my job. Our manager kept making me go over her processes to make them take less time. It drove both of us crazy.

It sure looked like her PoLR.
    So, any Inspectors or Moralists being allready anoyed?

But it made me to think and I will try to hit someone with .

You are nothing! I am allmighty and I defend the rights whitch are right. No, your critics are irrelevant, you by yourself are dumb! I am not yelling! No I am not trying to win the fight. No I don't wish to be the man with the last word! I don't care what you say. Go away! I don't care that you wish to be in here and to some stuff. I have needs! So find another time for all this nosense. I told you how you will need to go away. I demand my right to do what I was already doing. Can't you understand me? Don't be such a wuss who can't fight for it's own principles. Fight like a man! Ha ha ha, you call this agression what you are doing? It is lame.

Have a nice day!
    :wink:
    Semiotical process

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne PoLR? Hm. Not sure. Perhaps this might hit it?

A refusal to do things the "tested and tried" way.

A refusal to consider what's "right and proper and correct" to do.

Not being able to work sequentially.

Unpunctuality.

"The seminar will start on Friday, probably... perhaps on Saturday... any time after breakfast. Whenever that is. Bring your... well, we're not sure yet... bring... whatever feels right. Crayons! Yeah. Lots of those. Anyway, the really important thing is the vibe. Bring lots of good energy. We need some serious Yin here."

"You're intellectually limited. You never come up with new ideas. You just criticize what's there. We come up with good stuff, with innovations, and then you go and nag at everything. You're blinkered and your mental horizon is about the size of a stamp."

"Plan ahead? Nah, we won't do that. We're free! We'll just drift along and see where the current takes us. Come on, try it!"

"You're so talented. Look at Mrs X - she's achieved great things. You've got such a lot of potential. You just need to tap into the great energy... that 'serendipity' stuff... you know, where you just throw your talent out to the universe and the mother-earth energy currents will take you up and carry you where you belong."

"We'll just muddle through."

Being in an emergency, or in any problematic situation, and being unable to act.

Being PA to a highly volatile, eccentric, and unpredictable artist.

...I'm beginning to feel sorry for Ne PoLR-ers as I write this, so I'll stop. My own reason for researching the Ne PoLR is, I'm supervisor to my Mum, and if I want to avoid stomping on her Ne PoLR I've got to know where exactly it is.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    OK, the test... do you have Se PoLR?

Reactions to this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"You're so talented. Look at Mrs X - she's achieved great things. You've got such a lot of potential. You just need to tap into the great energy... that 'serendipity' stuff... you know, where you just throw your talent out to the universe and the mother-earth energy currents will take you up and carry you where you belong."

THIS MIGHT BE WHERE I HAVE TOTALLY FUCKED UP RELATIONS WITH ISTjs. THANK YOU!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    That's something I fall into with -PoLRs. I've never been able to figure out so far that it's something that actually irritates them!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got that out of Stratyevskaya's description. She says that ISTjs and ISFjs believe that success = 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. So when someone talks about their "potential" or their "talent", they feel uncomfortable. They'd rather talk about how you can reach a goal by hard work. That's roughly how I understood her. Here are her Ne PoLR descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratyevskaya's description of ISTjs
    BLOCK Of superego*ya-ya the pozitsiya*Mobilizatsionnaya function * the "intuition of possibilities"
    The thorough concreteness of the logic of Maxim does not leave to it special space for the fantasy and free flight of thought. This circumstance frequently makes it necessary it to regret about the fact that the most interesting solutions and the most daring ideas are advanced not by it, but by someone other, and itself it thus far did not hit upon.
    There are the moments, when Maxim very sharply feels the limitedness of his intellectual possibilities. In it appears the sensation of the blind alley, from which the output is only one - bright and fresh idea, about which, as it seems it, it any minute now it will surmise, but for some reason this all in no way occurs. Sometimes it frightens the thought about the weakness of its own intellectual potential (which, for sure, now by all is visible), frightens the impossibility to find way out very; the sensation of its own insipidness and complete failure.
    Also very discomfort experiences Maxim and when in proper time is not obtained information on the question super-significant for himself: on the ratio of forces in the system and about its own position in it at the given moment or in the future.
    Maxim painfully survives the state of uncertainty and uncertainty of its position in any plan: in the job schedule, career and in the plan of interrelations with its surrounding people, to it it is terrible to remain "not in the matters" in the prevailing around it system of relations, it is terrible to prove to be "rejected outside". For this very reason Maxim so values stability within the framework of any system of relations, so he tries to be adapted to the most difficult and most inconvenient circumstances: it is ready to work with the overloads, under the most emergency conditions, for the most scant ration, only not to fall out beyond the framework of system. To it it is incomprehensible, for example, as it is possible not to value the place of work or as it is possible not to see the advantages of the system, which ensures to population full employment. (possibly; therefore the first-rate punishment in the Soviet, the the maksimovskoy, to system it was communication about the misdeed on the place of work.)
    Maxim prefers porezhe to change the places of the work: indeed, "jumping from the place to the place", a never decent career you will make. Furthermore, to it by itself it is unpleasant the process of the search for new work - are unpleasant competitions, interviews, questioning etcetera; it is unpleasant to think that instead of it they will prefer someone other. , in addition it frightens and the uncertainty, connected with the uncertainty of the working conditions at the new place, frightens the uncertainty of interrelations with the new association and the new authorities.
    Just as Maxim fears the disintegration of relations in the "trusted to it section", he fears the disintegration of relations in the family. If are decomposed the premarital relations (which it, by the way speaking, and itself receives not always seriously) - this is offensive, this is shameful, this is painful, but this yet it doesn't matter; the present tragedy, when family is pulled down. At the moment of break precisely Maxim tries to be the initiator of reconciliation. But when reunification is impossible (in the extremely conflict situations), it falls into such desperation, which can go to the most exceptional measures.
    Usually assuming the worse motivation in behavior of people, Maxim greatly does not love, when someone with respect to it enters dishonestly, not-pretty, unworthily go simply tactlessly. For example, even this, it would seem, trifle: To Maxim it is very unpleasant, when someone without the demand the beret of its thing. (to it indeed god he knows, what thoughts into the head will arrive, until it this thing searches for!) Maxims also do not sympathize with to those, who does not have a habit to in time return strange thing, his this person always pricks up ears. (incidentally, the Hamlet do not make possible for themselves to take strange thing without the demand, perhaps that only namerenno, by way of vengeance. For example: Hamlet- child decided "to punish" sestrenku and in the morning, its pioneer necktie hid before the output into the school; as a result it was late to the lesson and was obtained the observation - "punishment", calculated precisely for punctual and pedantic Maxim)
    Maxims try to avoid the societies of people, capable to unpredictable behavior, extravagant tricks, eccentric jokes, familiarity, tactless drawings, in a word, all those, who are capable to cause inconveniences, to create additional problems, or it is simple to place him in the foolish and indecent position.
    Maxims do not sympathize with to people, which prefer to achieve success lightly, Maxims do not love aggressive upstarts. Themselves they do not believe in the easy success. They consider that talent - this first of all labor.
    They do not love, when their abilities or possibilities discuss. They do not love, when strange luck is placed to them in an example. They have no special liking "vezunchikov". The theme of the success and to vezuchesti in the presence of Maxim it is generally better not to discuss, since at this moment it will experience very discomfort and receive everything said exclusively as "stones into its vegetable-garden". The success in understanding of Maxim can be only in the labor and only deserved; everything else, in his opinion, is not more than adventure or the fake, which sometimes compulsorily will be opened.
    The manufactured fakes, the podtasovannykh facts Maxims themselves greatly fear; they fear to be exposed, and they themselves fear to deceive for the same reason, since they are oriented to suspicious and penetrating Hamlet.
    Therefore even in most awkward situation to Maxim to much more conveniently refer to some conventional position, to the certain objective information, for authenticity of which will answer someone another how sovrat' and take upon itself entire responsibility for consequences. (Maxim prefers to entrust to those facts, which are allowed to it, but for their authenticity, in his opinion, it must answer the one who them granted. If the manipulation of facts is advantageous to his system and is done from the approval of his authorities, Maxim can calculate this for himself by that by completely permitted - main thing, that for the authenticity of facts answers not he.)
    Many troubles reaches to Maxim his habit to speak out maximally concretely, constantly explaining its thought if in the official report to him sometimes it is possible to be finished by general phrases, then in the particular conversation it sometimes blabs too much excess. But, fortunately it has similar of dual as Hamlet, who one only is capable to break Maxim from this dangerous habit. Usually after such "revelations" Hamlet sketches to Maxim the gloomiest prospects, the most terrible consequences of his rash words. Moreover, although they are not always to it they are pleasant, Maxim receives such warnings with the appreciation, since he understands, that the partner this makes not of the desire simply so to frighten him, namely from the fears for his life, its fate, its position in the system.
    Maxims are not considered themselves trusting people and greatly they be surprised so that in spite of all efforts to be foresighted and farsighted, they from all possible versions for some reason select quite proigryshnyy. For some reason even with the most thorough analysis of their and strange errors they teach "more rapid than all to climb up into any trap". Sometimes precisely in the "trap" to Maxim is seen overcoming the deadlock - this evil joke plays with it its "problematic" intuition.
    For this very reason Maxim greatly fears to be swindled, but frequently (especially in the youth) it becomes the victim of his own carelessness. For this very reason to it it is very important to be confident in the faithfulness, the honesty and the devotion of its nearest environment. To Maxim it is very important so that next to it there would be the man, to which he could completely entrust and upon which could rely as on himself (but under the extreme conditions, to which was oriented its social activity, this it is vitally necessary). Therefore nature itself to Maxim intended this partner in the person of his duala of Hamlet.
    Specifically, Hamlet, subconsiously oriented to intuitive blindness and ethical lack of defense of Maxim, constantly is conducted its kind "cleaning" both in its nearest environment and in the environment of close and dear to it people. No suspicious personalities Hamlet in his nearest to circle will suffer, but if such appears in the environment of his partner, it will be immediately exposed and banished. It is sufficient least occasion so that Hamlet would imperatively require the break of relations with the suspicious subject: Hamlet will intrigue, gossip, tell tales, give false evidence, threaten, place ultimatum, but he will do everything on it depending so that relations dangerous for his friends would be torn without delay and irrevocably, i.e. it is irreparable damaged. ("immediately, here now, with me ring it and say that you desire to have with it anything in common! Otherwise with you more no one not will deal! Select - either he or we!")
    It is understandable that precisely with this partner Maxim feels himself by thoroughly protected: they solve everything, think over and check for it in the ethical and intuitive plan, and it remains to make to it only that which is required from it. Only feeling this protection, Maxim can allow himself to be weakened, to become sociable, opened and raskreposhchennym in his words, behavior and relations, but, it goes without saying, his personal, confidential relations in this case will be limited only to closest circle, which, strictly, it as introverta completely arranges.
    --------------

Quote Originally Posted by Stratyevskaya's description of ISFJs
    Block Of superego*ya-ya the pozitsiya*Mobilizatsionnaya function * the "intuition of possibilities"
    It is manifested in a constant presentiment of the troubles, which ISFj expects everywhere and from all. To him it is difficult to be foresighted, to see situation in the development. Its own possibilities in what, even in the very, it would seem, situation winning for itself count it cannot. Frequently (if it is not constant) is experienced the sensation of endlessness.
    On the successes, the successes and the failures does not discuss for it this too sick a theme. It does not transfer, when they cite as an example the strange successes: receives this as reproach in its address.
    ISFj never is contented by the results of his work. How much not it made, it considers that all this is negligibly small. What not it attained - everything seems it that its creative potential insufficiently realized.
    To ISFj it is incredibly difficult to find use to its abilities. Constant sensation of its own nevostrebovannosti - for it the most agonizing torture. ISFj is not capable for himself to request - it is too proud, and, furthermore, it considers this something mean and wrong with respect to others.
    Experiences terrible awkwardness every time that it is forced to answer the questions: "that you can?", "that you know how?" And nevertheless ISFj knows how so much, also, at this high professional level, which is simply difficult to believe into this (because it and very inconvenient about this to tell). ISFj's desire to realize its abilities is such strong that it constantly increases its professional level, working in its all accessible to it and interesting regions. ISFj is not agreeable with the fact that "it is not possible to serve two gods simultaneously". For it it is characteristic "to outgrow by specialties": if is not occurred the possibilities to realize themselves in one profession, it masters another, but the habits of the previous specialty he tries to support at the professional level - little whether it will prove useful.
    It is not capable to open to itself road of the success by dishonest methods. To collide obstacles by forehead, to work by elbows, to fight for the work "as for the bone", to obtain it "through divanchik" - all this not for it, all this its lower than merit. ISFj considers that ability and talents - this God gift, therefore, and realized them must be by honest methods, but not according to the law of jungle. In the competition, where the conqueror is previously known, ISFj, as a rule, does not participate. ISFj generally badly himself feels under the conditions of the unhealthy competition: "in the expectation of hearing I felt itself as in the turn after the free soup. All around unemployed, unemployed musicians, eye in all evil, hungry. It was necessary to come out before its competitors, and this is maximally difficult - physically you oshchushchayesh' their envy and hostility, indeed each considers this competition as its last chance... "
    In the situation of unhealthy competition ISFj cannot work. It does not love, when they envy to it. Itself tries not to excite in the people the envy (to excite in the people low feelings it considers it unethical); therefore usually sufficiently modestly he tells about its achievements. For the same reason it frequently experiences difficulties in the searches for work, in the searches for order, engagement. It is profitable to sell its work - for it the simply impracticable task. Sometimes it is sincerely glad, if by its services they use gift nevertheless some vostrebovannost'.
    To ISFj it is difficult to count its possibilities. It can pass before the easy problem, but in this case it is swung back to the supercomplicated, it will make work of the highest class, but it will not decide to report it to the spectator.
    In spite of his ethical insight ISFj frequently makes mistakes in the selection of friends, advisers or partners. Chance frequently gives precisely to that, who misuses by its confidence, its friendship, its feelings. It is easy to swindle him: "to sign" to the originally doomed project, to the adventurous experiment, to hire to the combined with the risk, unfavorable work. It with the ease it is possible "to substitute", it more frequent than others becomes the victim of shady transactions and speculations. Because of this ISFj tries to be especially careful in his behavior, words, solutions and interrelations. (from other side, the more it ostorozhnichayet, the greater the stress and hostilitys it are created in its own environment, and the less it leaves chances for itself.)
    Many problems reach to it the incapacity in time to foresee and it is correct to estimate likely danger, and also inability is correct to calculate its forces which unavoidably leads to the overloads, nervous disruptions, failures on the examinations and the appearances, in consequence of which, he feels itself by the final unlucky wretch.
    Since its own success is given to it with the price of incredible, hard labor, it (as Maxim) always irritates and agitates easy success in others, itself it (it understands!) it does not believe in the easy success, and the self-confidence of some lucky upstarts always unpleasantly catches it.
    ISFj (just as Maxim) they hold in constant stress uncertainty and uncertainty of his position in the system of any relations - and in the business and in the ethical. Therefore the explanation of relations for it quite first priority occupation, moreover to that not determined "yes" ISFj prefers that determined "no".
    There is nothing more terrible for ISFj than the forced expectation and idleness under the conditions of the sheerest uncertainty and uncertainty. , let us compare the horror, which it in this case experiences, only with the desperation of person, buried alive, although the erroneous impression is created in others at this moment, that ISFj panics on the trifles.
    (Drayzerovskaya panic easily stops itself by the shout of his duala of the jack: "well, how much it is possible to panic?!!" - ISFj immediately beret "himself into the hands", will mobilize his force of will, and here he is already ready to new tests.)
    ISFj very painfully survives unforeseen disappointments - if abolishes the long-awaited holiday, is torn away the meeting assigned or is destroyed the created with it romantic situation. It for long remembers similar, trying not to hence construct illusions.
    ISFjs prefer not to be connected with extravagant and unpredictable in their behavior people. Reaching one with them company, rapidly begin to oshchushchat' danger and needlessness of their here stay, they try faster to leave. (Child- ISFjs in the analogous situation becomes unbearable sad, and they without the visible reason begin to cry. Frequently they prefer to be held apart from other children, do not love games with the unpleasant surprises, do not love foolish, severe drawings.)
    It is noted that ISFj especially does not love to walk according to the doctors: even if there is some danger for the health, they prefer about it not to know. It does not love medical examinations and inspections: to it it is unpleasant, when in it some physical flaws see. (subconsious connection from its weak sensorikoy duala of jack)
    The forced need for guarding itself from the troubles, eternal self-control, a constant restraint and self-restriction - all this in the final analysis pours out into the sensation of the incompleteness of life, the regret, which passes by the most interesting.
    This state ISFj can leave only with the aid of his duala - jack. Only jack can realize his cancelled dreams. Only it with its fantasy, love of life, optimism, healthy adventurism and inexhaustible energy is capable to pull out ISFj from the captivity of his eternal chimerical it is insurance.
    With the aid of the jack ISFj ceases to oshchushchat' his insipidness and needlessness in this peace. For ISFj jack - this is overcoming the deadlock to fresh air, to the bright paints of life. In the person of jack it finally finds the desired ideal of love and friendship. The jack - only, to which ISFj feels boundless confidence; whose devotion itself does not doubt and it does not make possible to doubt for others.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsb'07

You are nothing! I am allmighty and I defend the rights whitch are right. No, your critics are irrelevant, you by yourself are dumb! I am not yelling! No I am not trying to win the fight. No I don't wish to be the man with the last word! I don't care what you say. Go away! I don't care that you wish to be in here and to some stuff. I have needs! So find another time for all this nosense. I told you how you will need to go away. I demand my right to do what I was already doing. Can't you understand me? Don't be such a wuss who can't fight for it's own principles. Fight like a man! Ha ha ha, you call this agression what you are doing? It is lame.

Have a nice day!
    :wink:
    Works with Se as a third function. Congratulations.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after reading that again, i have decided that i love their polrs. ):

<3
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The I was scrolling through the new posts and I went past the awful picture... suddenly my INFp said, "EWWWwww. What the hell is that?". I was somewhat startled, because I didn't notice that she was glancing at the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by jsb

If someone did this with me, I would be probably get angry. It certainly wouldn't feel like PoLR, but I think I would feel like smacking him.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Ne PoLR stuff in this thread is highly exaggerated.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default POLR HITS

What would be some examples of each different polr hit? What are some times that you have been hit that stung really bad?

For my POLR -
    "You used to be hot but you got uglier" ouch lol

"You're dressed like a fob" a fob refers to a recent immigrant, acronym of fresh off the boat

"That was the most ungraceful catch I've ever seen"

For me any hits regarding how I look tend to bother me a lot. I don't really care about comments regarding my hygiene (I shower twice a day and have no doubts about this) or how dirty my house is etc (I laugh about it actually).
    ENTj

"A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it..."

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
    - Thomas E Lawrence

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: POLR HITS

Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante
    What would be some examples of each different polr hit? What are some times that you have been hit that stung really bad?

For my POLR -
    "You used to be hot but you got uglier" ouch lol

"You're dressed like a fob" a fob refers to a recent immigrant, acronym of fresh off the boat

"That was the most ungraceful catch I've ever seen"

For me any hits regarding how I look tend to bother me a lot. I don't really care about comments regarding my hygiene (I shower twice a day and have no doubts about this) or how dirty my house is etc (I laugh about it actually).
    There was a thread on this very topic, and it was pretty good. It may have gotten lost when the site was vandalized. Maybe someone has saved it to their computer? Finding that thread or posting a copy of it might be better than just rehashing this topic again, although I suppose we could also reconstruct the better insights from memory and maybe come up with some new ones.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(- porl, personal) - when you find yourself completely unprepared for something, especially if you knew about it in advance.

Someone suffering on my behalf - not really a polr 'hit', in that it really stings, but it is just awkward. More Fi role - Se polr.
    Watching a nail go through someone's hand (passion of the christ), etc.
    Having little or no selection of food - having to eat something that is stale, etc.

(- polr, in regard to others)

! ah...
    The darkside of polr (Ti leading of course) --- not caring or averting from people who are suffering due to their own means, or who seem 'beyond my control', or who are outside of my jurisdiction.
    (aka - no remorse for others who are completely unprepared for something, especially if they knew about it in advance). For people who know how something works, (Ti), and then when such is not taken into account by them, little respect or concern for their state.

In a spiritual sense of course the line between self and others disappears, but I won't say I'm above being human quite yet.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP, if someone wanted to hit your POLR with a sharp remark, what could they say? I'm curious to see how verbal hits vary across the socion and especially between types that share the same POLR.
    ENTj

"A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it..."

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
    - Thomas E Lawrence

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the typical is "you never care about others!" or "you always want to argue"
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there might be a slight misconception that a "PoLR hit" involves some sort of directly critical statement like, "you are so _____!" I think this kind of thing doesn't necessarily reflect the "true" nature of the PoLR very well, because people can get uptight about nearly any kind of criticism.

What distinguishes the PoLR is when other people make comments that aren't even directed at your persona, and you find you automatically take them personally.

Just to use an example (I have plenty because I've lived with a ton of different people), once I was living with a EIE-LSI dual family in their apartment. They had a rule that you walk around the house in slippers, not street shoes. Once I was on my way to work and had put on my shoes, when I realized I had forgotten something from the bathroom. I was in a hurry and decided to take two hops over to the bathroom instead of taking off my shoes. Just as I make the second hop, I hear a loud voice from the other room: "We don't walk around in shoes in this house!"

The man wasn't necessarily criticizing me, but was just restating a rule. I thought about the incident for days afterwards and felt insulted and misjudged.

Also, any time that I would try to experiment with any task in the home, he would correct me and tell me the right way to do it, even though I was interested in experimenting.

This family was also religious, as was I at the time. I was playing some classical music (Rachmaninov, I believe) once on the piano in my room. The man was also at home and opened the door to say, "why don't you play only hymns?" That left me in a stupor and I must have thought of a million different reasons why I didn't play just church hymns over the next few days. The worst part was that he didn't say this to insult me -- it was an honest question.

To be fair to all the intelligent LSIs out there, I should add that this guy was not well liked or very intelligent. Not all LSIs would say the dumb things he did.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: POLR HITS

POLR hits
    -Like UDP, I felt uneasiness in watching violent scenes in movies.
    -"You really know how to enjoy life....."-> comment about my need for good food and quality clothes.
    -"You have really high ideals in life, yet you only dream about them and didn't try as hard as others."

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    I think there might be a slight misconception that a "PoLR hit" involves some sort of directly critical statement like, "you are so _____!" I think this kind of thing doesn't necessarily reflect the "true" nature of the PoLR very well, because people can get uptight about nearly any kind of criticism.
    This is a really good point. One kind of indirect criticism that has really annoyed me lately is the question "Why don't you get your driver's license? C'mon, get it already." It's not an insult, yet it annoys me to no end, because it indirectly hits on my lack of real-world Se-type proactivity. (There is probably some Te in there too--but not a whole lot, because I have very little practical reason to get a license.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    This is a great point. The misconception that "PoLR hits" involve harsh insults ranks up there with the idea that one's dual type is always attractive, that couples that get along must be duals, that the people in one's conflict type are always jerks (and that jerks are necessary one's conflict type), and that any interaction with the conflict type person is bound to be awful. Maybe we should have a thread about Socionics misconceptions.

Nevertheless, I think many "N" types would have reacted similarly to the way you did in the situation with the LSI (perhaps particularly N-dominant types); I could see myself in exactly the same situation as you were in, and reacting pretty much exactly the same way. I like to experiment; I tend to forget unimportant things when my mind is on something else; I try to come up with creative solutions that may violate the letter but not the spirit of a rule; I tend to like to expand my horizons, and though I would understand why a family may choose to restrict itself in cultural influences for some principle and would respect that, I certainly would have a problem with that if it encroached on my freedom to do something I considered valid...and I would clearly tend to come up with lots of reasons in my mind to counter some argument that maybe my philosophy or behavior was incorrect. But I don't think any of this suggests Ti PoLR (?).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, while people may have interesting cultural "restrictions" based on their spiritual beliefs, one can easily think of "secular" LSI-style versions of exactly the same thing:

"Why play the piano when there's business to be done?"
    "Why play the piano when people are starving in Africa?"
    "Why don't you make yourself useful for a change?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    This is a really good point. One kind of indirect criticism that has really annoyed me lately is the question "Why don't you get your driver's license? C'mon, get it already." It's not an insult, yet it annoys me to no end, because it indirectly hits on my lack of real-world Se-type proactivity. (There is probably some Te in there too--but not a whole lot, because I have very little practical reason to get a license.)
    Now this gets right to the heart of the subtlety of the situation. Let's suppose you did have a practical reason to get a license. Now, I could see any of the four IN types procrastinating about taking care of that. However, somehow, as an INTj you feel that it hits you the wrong way, whereas, say, an INFp would presumably not feel exactly that way. But why? (...independently from that being the way the system works...)

After all, if you're INTj or INFp, you're probably not strong in Se, and you probably procrastinate that sort of thing, and you probably need to take care of it sooner or later. I would tend to think that both INj and INp types would be annoyed by nagging about it, and that on the other hand, both INj and INp would appreciate the reminder or assistance in actually getting it done (i.e., "I'll drive you there to save you time"). ...except that according to the theory only INp types would like that...right? And if you wouldn't, why not?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    ...I tend to like to expand my horizons, and though I would understand why a family may choose to restrict itself in cultural influences for some principle and would respect that, I certainly would have a problem with that if it encroached on my freedom to do something I considered valid...and I would clearly tend to come up with lots of reasons in my mind to counter some argument that maybe my philosophy or behavior was incorrect. But I don't think any of this suggests Ti PoLR (?).
    The PoLR insult is about people suggesting that you must adhere to rules that you believe shouldn't apply to you or are simply incorrect. IEEs believe life should be lived without rules (worthwhile procedures yes, but rules no), and that it's enough to follow "guidelines" that one generates oneself and are never really binding anyway. IEEs believe that having good intentions should be enough to get by.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    ...an INFp would presumably not feel exactly that way. But why? (...independently from that being the way the system works...)
    An IEI would definitely not take that remark personally, but would start joking around with the person who made it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, while people may have interesting cultural "restrictions" based on their spiritual beliefs, one can easily think of "secular" LSI-style versions of exactly the same thing:

You are not totally serious right ?

Well, if someone has to ask all those three questions, then, "Why do anything at all "

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stefana

You are not totally serious right ?

Well, if someone has to ask all those three questions, then, "Why do anything at all "
    Yeah, those all sound like comments .

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast