Thread: Benedict Cumberbatch

Hybrid View

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was originally thinking LSI or LII but I dont know.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Wow, maybe I'm not so off after all. I was gonna throw in LII too but I thought for sure I was gonna get shot down on that one. And I swear I was in the middle of posting before you threw that out there lol
    I am not covered in thorns
    nor am I covered in mold

https://soundcloud.com/#latitudes-official/latitudes-antechamber

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    are you typing the Star Trek character or the actor who plays it? it's confusing since you titled the thread as Benedict Cumberbitch but then wrote "Khan?"

the actors don't necessarily enact the characters that are representative of their own sociotype, their movie replicas are scripts that were written by somebody other than them, so it's better to evaluate them separately without mixing them up with their roles

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    are you typing the Star Trek character or the actor who plays it? it's confusing since you titled the thread as Benedict Cumberbitch but then wrote "Khan?"

the actors don't necessarily enact the characters that are representative of their own sociotype, their movie replicas are scripts that were written by somebody other than them, so it's better to evaluate them separately without mixing them up with their roles
    It was LII for me at first when he was just kinda being who he is as an actor, and then LSI when he was portraying Khan more.
    I am not covered in thorns
    nor am I covered in mold

https://soundcloud.com/#latitudes-official/latitudes-antechamber

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i agree with this.

i do think at times, even though a character may have originally been written to be a certain way, the type of the actor can "bleed" into the character they are portraying, maybe even enough to change the original "type" of the character.

i'm noticing this with the show Game of Thrones and the novel series A Song of Ice and Fire, for example. i've watched the show, and am in the middle of reading books, and now i'm seeing that the types of the characters in the book and and the show aren't always necessarily consistent (not to say this is necessarily a bad thing; i like both the show and the books.) i think at least some of it has to do with the actors' own types coloring their portrayal of the character they are playing.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    i agree with this.

i do think at times, even though a character may have originally been written to be a certain way, the type of the actor can "bleed" into the character they are portraying, maybe even enough to change the original "type" of the character.

i'm noticing this with the show Game of Thrones and the novel series A Song of Ice and Fire, for example. i've watched the show, and am in the middle of reading books, and now i'm seeing that the types of the characters in the book and and the show aren't always necessarily consistent (not to say this is necessarily a bad thing; i like both the show and the books.) i think at least some of it has to do with the actors' own types coloring their portrayal of the character they are playing.
    My latest surface typing on the show characters....Bron=ISTP http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/sp.html I think in that context it makes Tyrion ILE seem best, chance of IEE I suppose.

And god damn if the Red Woman doesn't make sense to me as IEE She just looks so much like Cher dammit. Which makes conflict with LSI Stannis. Meh. Well now you see my dilemna with show/book typings mixing a bit. I mean if Stannis is ISTJ then ISTP isn't horrible typing...
    Last edited by jughead; 09-20-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    My latest surface typing on the show characters....Bron=ISTP http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/sp.html I think in that context it makes Tyrion ILE seem best, chance of IEE I suppose.

And god damn if the Red Woman doesn't make sense to me as IEE She just looks so much like Cher dammit. Which makes conflict with LSI Stannis. Meh. Well now you see my dilemna with show/book typings mixing a bit. I mean if Stannis is ISTJ then ISTP isn't horrible typing...
    lol @ the Red Woman looking like Cher, now i'm going to think that every time she's on screen

but yeah on typings: i agree with show Bronn as delta ST. i had thought LSE, but SLI is good too when i think about it.

i'm not sure about show Tyrion, though ENXx seems clear. i think the actor playing him could be Rational, but book Tyrion seems more Irrational - improvising and flying-by-his-ass when he gets into trouble, etc. and his brand of craftiness and insightful character goes along well with your IXE typing.

haven't gotten far enough in the books yet to really read Stannis and Melisandre, but in the show i think they're LSI and EIE.

i have spoiled a lot for myself reading the book series wiki http://awoiaf.westeros.org/

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naw I'm going for the actor.

Though I am a believer that acting is more a part of who you are than most people think.