Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Fe E6w5? Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reactance View Post
    heh, I've watched up to episode 6 and I think Francis fits SLE-Ti much better than a gamma. His ability to deal with and manipulate and manage and rearrange/organize all the people around him is very sociable. But he doesn't do this out of the bonds or connections he makes with people, but out of what kind of usefulness he thinks he can get out of them. He's willing to throw away "friends" and destroy people to get what he wants. He did help the secret service agent, but then used his help to manipulate him. He destroyed that other congressman only so that he could control him. The only exception is his wife, but even she knows Frank's there to keep her life interesting, not have a family and share deep bonds of love. He didn't even seem to mind when he knew she had some kind of affection for that artist. He doesn't value Fi really at all.

It's a nice contrast to Tony Soprano, who is a lot more reactive and seemed to care so much about his family bonds that it made him kind of stupid and boring (I've typed him LSE). His reactiveness solved one problem, but then created others. At least with Francis, he thinks enough about what he's doing and what's going on to close all the lose ends.

Frank's really interesting, but kind of sad at the same time. He has a good intellect when it comes to dealing with people, but no sense of morals. I want to like him, but his lack of any genuine kindness is a bit off-putting. He's at least more tolerable than Tony Soprano though; his ambition and dedication to controlling chaos and getting what he wants out of it is admirable to me, while Tony Sopranos' obsession with family values seemed inconsistent with how he treated other people and his reactiveness showed how poor his decision-making was.
    Betas are jealous as all hell, I don't see it.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k
    good bye