Member Questionnaire 1 (akjohnny)
What is beauty? What is love?
too feely and open ended for me. btw i started at the last question and worked my way up so i may be burnt out of this by now.
What are your most important values?
don't hurt others, don't be inconsiderate to me and I won't to you, etc. basically, the deeper ones, not superficial bullshit.
Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
eh, maybe. too open ended.
Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
power is just testosterone and emotion i think... even anger is just stupid emotion and the military strikes me as wanting to just brainwash each individual to make them more "effective" at being a mindless order follower. I can see what the purpose is for, but I wouldn't want to be there.
What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
the MBTI - because I like to figure people out including myself.
spirituality - seems to be interesting as a way to make sense of the whole of reality
religion - same as above
society - because it affects me and everyone else
nature
Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
Yeah I take good care of my health, minimize candy and sugary drinks. Any time I do drink soda its sugar free (unhealthy I know). Most of the time I try to eat what's best for my figure (ie: sugar free) even if it is at expense of my health from drinking the aspartame etc. But I'm not a pussy.
What do you think of daily chores?
I think that they do need to get done at some point, but for the most part I wish they'd make a robot that would take out the trash and unload the dishwasher, etc. My ISTJ mom really is a stickler for chores, she will push and push until it gets done by her standards. I usually want to leave them for a while, why does it matter if they get done in 4 hours instead of immediately?
Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
I don't read a lot, but I do read a lot ONLINE. I'd prefer to read about a topic than watch a stupid video on it. People are too emotional (up and down all the time). I like the words because then it's just the information and facts without all the bullshit.
What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
uh... why does this matter. I do like dogs. I cried when one of my pets died. I don't like children, they are weird and annoying.
Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
In my computer room at home. Hiking is cool, being out in nature is nice, but I usually have a desire to go home. We stayed in Hawaii for a week and I just wanted to go home to my computer/room.
What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
Inability to relate to a lot of people because I think my way is the best (logically). Just keep things straightforward and do the most logical thing has always seemed to make sense to me - but others want to be acknowledged for how they FEEL about everything and want to just sit around talking about their bad decisions in a sort of "poor me" kind of way. I think that's ridiculous and won't have any part in it.

I sometimes wish I could be more comfortable being an extravert where I could easily talk to everyone without logically analyzing everything. I can be very social if I choose to be and make an effort, but it doesn't come super naturally.
What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
My ability to make a sentence flow or make sense, spelling, grammar, etc. Funnily, (I think of myself as an IxTP) I seem to be the one who has to make decisions in my group (all feelers...) they don't seem to be able to make decisions on what to do and when and I make the decisions spur of the moment.
In what areas of your life would you like help?
I think it'd be cool to be able to talk to a level headed counselor just to bounce ideas off of and get a sort of balanced perspective of my life and the issues that come up. I think everyone should do that, if they can.
Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Yes... I've found a constant clash with my ISTJ mother who feels it's her "duty" and "obligation" to mother me into my early 20s. I'm almost done with my bachelor's degree in psyc, but have struggled to find my path and what interests me. She has felt it has been hell trying to get me to pick a "solid direction" and stick with it and has caused her a lot of strife (I feel like she causes it herself, but its her own values). Anyway, I quit my job that I hated after 3 and 1/2 years and have not been able to find one since - caused a lot of issues esp. with privacy, my choices in who I spend time with, times I go out, etc.
What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I seem to get along with mellow extraverted feelers... funnily enough. I've had all my close enough friends/acquaintences take the MBTI test and in general I get along well with most feelers... in fact, I find thinkers who are overly critical of feelers very annoying and think why do they think their perspective is so good? I consider myself at least a thinker (and have scored it many times), but I know that over time I have become more adept at dealing with feelers (moods, desires, etc). In the beginning of my 2 year relationship with my ESFJ girlfriend, we fought a lot about values in feeling vs thinking and others. Now I think we balance each other out somewhat where I DO still go on about logic, but she sees the value in it (having grown up with a logic explaining father). I still sometimes can be pretty insensitive towards people who I think of as stupid or just plain doing things because of feelings, and she reminds me not to get overly hostile to where I go overboard and can feel downright hatred for their stupidity.
How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
eh... too feely. It'd be good to have a partner who can hold my interest mentally - ie: probe deeper into a topic of interest and perhaps supply me with interesting viewpoints and challenges (although not just challenge to be a pain in the ass).

Sex, should be often and interesting, mix it up, make it fun and exciting, not just the same ol boring shit every time. Why not make it interesting?
If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
I'd give them (hopefully) a balanced environment. Stimulating mentally, emotionally, physically, and encourage them to pursue their own desires without telling them what they *should* be doing. Although intervening is probably very likely and necessary at times, in general I feel that people intervene at the slightest thing, which they shouldn't. In general I think just experience life would be my hope for the kid, too much overprotection is harmful IMO.
A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
I will outwards confront it and make them explain it rationally/logically. Otherwise, they have no basis or claim for that belief. Usually people have nothing but an emotional basis (i've found) and will become extremely emotional (high voice pitch, etc) and are not able to discuss it logically - which I find both funny and annoying when I am trying to come to a conclusion.
Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
To society, I see most of it as shallow, chasing "popular culture," not using their brains much. I find shallow, stupid people very annoying and can only tolerate them in small amounts for as long as I have to. I see society as too focused on the wrong things, such as trying to encourage individuals to be "better" than everyone else, out work them, out smart them, make more money then them, etc. When I think they should be focused on making things fair, balanced, and efficient. Something I think/talk about a lot is how if everybody could figure out their personality types, values, and cognitive functions, perhaps everyone would be able to find their 'niche' in life, careers, etc and people would be far more adjusted and therefore happy. I see all of this as making more sense than 'pushing' people to just "work hard" and fight to survive.
How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I like friends who support my choices and decisions. My mother (ISTJ) is very dictative and seems to question everything I do which I find annoying. My girlfriend (almost sure she is an ESFJ) is very supportive in most things, will listen for hours about me talk about the MBTI or anything else I find interesting, and will likely always go with the flow - which sometimes can bother me as I sometimes wish she'd take a turn and lead sometimes (especially in the bedroom...).

I like friends who I can relate to, I don't like silly, stupid things all the time like people who go on and on about cartoons, anime, fantasy shit, or silly youtube videos. The best friends I've had can relate to things about life, but know how to keep it short and to the point and won't go on and on when I am way past my point of interest. I seem to like friends who are supportive, but will let me take the lead at times, which I find funny cause I don't consider myself a leader at all. Yet, I don't like dominant types who lead me or my friends around, especially without consulting everyone first. I like to think that I take all others considerations into effect first before I come up with ideas or initiate action to do something. In that regard, I think of myself as a fair leader BECAUSE I feel like I'd rather lead and make it fair than have some other shitty leader (my opinion) who leads selfishly.
How do you behave around strangers?
I am fair and reasonable towards them. I don't feel like I should have to do anything unnecessary like go out of my way to make them comfortable or smile - but I will maintain certain dignity and be polite. If someone walks too close without saying excuse me I won't budge and they'll either have to bump into me or walk around. If on the other hand they say excuse me, I will politely say, "sure" and let them buy with a polite but not overdone smile.

I don't care to go out of my way to talk to strangers, but if someone strikes up a conversation, I may continue it so long as it is about something worthwhile. To me, worthwhile means something I can gain from it. I don't think of myself as narcissistic, but I like to think that both parties should find the conversation interesting at least if not be able to gain something from it - otherwise, why talk? I don't like hearing about peoples' personal life if it is just rambling or venting - keep it to yourself, nobody cares (is how I feel).