Hybrid View

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Actually, first, how old is your daughter?
    She's almost three and a half. Of course I don't expect all responses to be immediately applicable but it never hurts to be ready for when the time comes.

Before I became a parent, as with any serious undertaking, it was crucial I prepare myself as much as possible to ensure I was competent enough for the responsibility and partially so I could say I contributed to making the world a little bit better. Ever since her birth I've been heavily involved in her education and growth to make sure she doesn't suffer the same trials I went through, in particular doubting her abilities and reasoning at the cost of losing herself and being unhappy. It's been a lot of work, overwhelming at times, but it has paid off when I see how much she can grasp at such a young age(I've never been a fan of parents that use "baby-talk" with their kids so I've always talked to her as though she was an adult). I've had many people comment on how old she seems(five and six are the most common ages mentioned), not only because of her intelligence but also her excellent behavior and genuine friendliness.
    [/brag]

But ultimately, remember that she is going to be focusing on Te, which is something you're likely to consider irrelevant, or missing the point.
    Thankfully interacting with my wife(SEE) has helped me become more aware of that type of logic and with conscious effort I can be somewhat decent at translating my message into that form. I will be looking into the books you mentioned.

Sorry that the above don't answer your specific questions. But your questions had me thinking of how I wish I had been supported....
    No, you've given a perfect response to my inquisition; I wanted firsthand experience so I simply listed questions to churn IEE memory banks. I'm truly appreciative of your input, anndelise, it has given me much to contemplate. If you think of more to add I'd love to hear it.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by under the bridge View Post
    Thankfully interacting with my wife(SEE)
    You're a LII married to a SEE? Something smells fishy here...
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.