Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa
ok, the motives (a reason for doing something, esp. one that is hidden or not obvious)

intentions is what LSE has incapability of judging (a thing intended; an aim or plan)

It's one thing to observe one's actions with regards to what they are doing and predict what they could be doing but not being able to figure out what they meant by that or what the intentions of the individual are can cause an LSE to backfire at people inadvertently.

Take my LSE cousin, "he did this!" and me "yes, but he didn't mean to hurt you, he was just stating an observation from his experience" And, being a negativist type and noticing what's not there they are likely to notice the absence of a positive comment, hence don't thrive well in atmosphere where positive interaction is lacking with regards to them. If they are joking around and making fun of other things they can have emotional fun indefinitely.
Whether I'm bad at judging people's intentions or not is debatable. I don't think I am, but there are people who would disagree with me, and I can respect that. I do have to point out, though, that there are people of every single type who have trouble judging others' intentions. A person's life experiences, emotional intelligence, and psychological health probably have as much to do with it as anything about them that is encapsulated in their socionics type.

If I'm not good at judging people's intentions, I'm at least focused on doing it. It's really one of my most defining traits: I'm focused on why people do what they do, and, by extension, what they intend to accomplish with their actions or lack thereof. It's something that comes naturally to me. People will often mention that they don't understand why a person did something, and I will almost immediately have a strong impression of what the person's intentions were. "Why do people do this?" I love being asked that kind of question; it's fun to think about, extremely enriching, and it's a territory where I'm at home.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by backfiring at people inadvertently. It doesn't really sound like something I relate to, though. I generally get along perfectly fine with anyone I actually like, which is most people. And in the rare cases where things do go badly with someone I like and I think they're at fault, I still go to lengths to keep the sailing smooth; I don't do anything fiery except under very bad circumstances, the like of which are almost unheard of. It's often a different story if I don't particularly like someone, but in that case any negative impact I have is deliberate and justified in my mind by much more than what I think the person's intentions are.