Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
They don't have any kind of experience in politics, because they are mostly quite young. I mean, I also have some nice ideas of how things should be, but do I know how to put them in reality? Probably not. Politics is complicated. So I rather vote for other parties, who have been there for a while.
Pirate politicians have to start from somewhere. Once green parties were bearded men who chained themselves to trees.
Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
The only thing they actually really care about is, whether it's allowed to go dancing in a club on Good Friday anyway. Most of the party's members are atheists/agnostics and they feel oppressed because that one day, Good Friday, is a Christian holiday and in Germany a so-called silent holiday, meaning it's forbidden to dance on that day. Shops are closed, too. But that's not what they are pissed off about. Everybody is happy for getting a leave day. But they are completely hurt because society "forces them" to use the day for silent contemplation, because they are not Christian. -__- I don't unterstand, why they make such a fuss about it.
Well, it's a bit of a non-issue but the separation of the Church and State is very important to many even in principle.
We still have legislation against blasphemy and I consider it unconstitutional.