Thread: Your ideal figure

Hybrid View

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StridingStrider View Post
    I actually find it really hard to add on muscle or improve exercise repetitions; no matter how much sleep/nutrition/exercise I do/get. It's like my body just wants me to stay slightly skinny. Even when I ate junk.
    I assume you're more towards the ectomorphic side of things, which means that gaining Zeus-like muscle mass will be nigh-on impossible. What is/was your strength training routine?

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I assume you're more towards the ectomorphic side of things, which means that gaining Zeus-like muscle mass will be nigh-on impossible. What is/was your strength training routine?
    I am, yes. I don't think it's impossible for an ectomorph to get like that (or close) but I haven't found what works yet.

My routine was Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press, Overhead Press and Barbell Row to finish off a full body work out. This I did once a week. I don't believe in doing the same workout three time a week; nor did I care for that volume of work.

Lately however it's just been Push Ups, Sit Ups and a 1.5m run due to the workout equipment being unavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Sir, I must say, I'm always very impressed with your avatar because INCREDIBLE GODLIKE AWESOMENESS.

No joke. You make me wish my face shape was more square rather than round.

LOL, thanks. I got teased at school for it.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, thanks. I got teased at school for it.
    Ahhh, sorry to read that D:

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NobleFool View Post
    Nevermind about your diet, this is why you're not gaining muscle. You can't expect to workout once a week and get serious results. You need more consistency. 2-3 times per week is minimum, 4-5 times a week with some lighter workouts if you're actually serious, and if you're really competitive, 7 times a week, every day, with very light workouts/cardio on rest days. I haven't heard of just lifting once a week with any major gains. You gotta put in the "volume of work" if you want your dreams to come true.
    I'm not aiming for Zeus level at the moment. But I'd agree that the best theoretical workout would be seven days a week targeting a specific muscle group, so as not to stop muscle synthesis.

What I do think though is that I should be able to do more push ups/sit ups then I can do currently. I'm at about 30 push ups before muscle failure, and I'm aiming for 45. I've reached that goal before, but every time I've reached it my body has sort of gone backwards the next workout and I go down to 25~. I really have no clue why this happens.
    Last edited by Waster; 07-26-2013 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Grammar

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I not aiming for Zeus level at the moment. But I'd agree that the best theoretical workout would be seven days a week targeting a specific muscle group, so as not to stop muscle synthesis.
    This technique is probably fine only so long as you're targeting a different muscle group every day. Going through with heavy exercise in one muscle region that's still trying to recover from the last bit of strain you put it through is only going to make the necessary recovery period that much more difficult.

How much protein are you getting in your diet?
    Last edited by Galen; 07-25-2013 at 10:51 PM.