Thread: What's wrong with society today?

Hybrid View

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Only last week my single mother cousin said quite openly 'I can't believe those unemployed fuckers live across the road in a council house, whilst I have to live with my parents yet work 40 hours a week'.

Anecdotally untrue.

Perhaps you're a sociopath just waiting to happen.

I think you just don't understand the Pareto principle.
    The problem is the people at the bottom don't view themselves at a worthy member of society or a respected individual they degrade themselves to the societal norms of the upper class. Lower class individuals spend the little that they make on higher class goods. Why would a lower class citizen buy a BMW when a honda does the job just as good for cheaper cost?

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    The problem is the people at the bottom don't view themselves at a worthy member of society or a respected individual they degrade themselves to the societal norms of the upper class. Lower class individuals spend the little that they make on higher class goods. Why would a lower class citizen buy a BMW when a honda does the job just as good for cheaper cost?
    That sounds like 'keeping up with the joneses'. I don't have much truck with such poor decision making and social compliance.