Thread: What's wrong with society today?

Hybrid View

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with @Pookie that many things have improved in society, especially thanks to advances in science. But I also think that advancement can also lead to new problems. Like yay video games, but now everyone can develop their expert assassin skills and mentality. Agree with @ Capitalist Pig I think human nature in society hasn't changed. But the mass media has affected awareness of problems, and also brought finger pointing to a whole new level. Maybe some issues have been brought to light to be better dealt with, like child abuse. But I also think there are people that will not be affected by the consequences of possibly appearing in the news all over the internet and are going to do whatever crime they want to do no matter what.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Agree with @Pookie that many things have improved in society, especially thanks to advances in science. But I also think that advancement can also lead to new problems. Like yay video games, but now everyone can develop their expert assassin skills and mentality. Agree with @ Capitalist Pig I think human nature in society hasn't changed. But the mass media has affected awareness of problems, and also brought finger pointing to a whole new level. Maybe some issues have been brought to light to be better dealt with, like child abuse. But I also think there are people that will not be affected by the consequences of possibly appearing in the news all over the internet and are going to do whatever crime they want to do no matter what.
    But this is exactly what I'm trying to get at, technology advances but socially people are still very primitive and we haven't made advances in that at all.