Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malna View Post
    As a matter of fact, he was; that's the sad story behind the past scene accompanying our popcorn.
    I'm not talking to myself, I'm not crazy - I was addressing that name changing chameleon.

Absurd, you do realize William takes things at face value(?) Makes me wonder, why talking to him the way you did. Feel free to ignore this, none of my business.
    I hope so, for the next sign reading "jump off a cliff" he is going to see, is going to prompt him to do it. Face value as it can get.

Why not stop thinking at all and let others do it for you?

I mean sign says "speed limit 40" and I drive 70 for example. I must be a completely different other type then...
    Last edited by Absurd; 06-23-2013 at 12:16 PM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    Yeah, why not take care of that in your free time? It can also be quite strenuous, mostly for introverts I suppose.
    I worked on a larger project lately, together with one other person. Because a friend had access to a room in the college, we (4 people) met almost every day over the course of months. This was quite unusual, since I didn't even go to the college from monday to friday before. However, I needed the evenings strictly for myself. Don't get me wrong, I had a good laugh there and I enjoyed the company of the others, but it was also exhausting. Going to a bar after those days would have been too much.
    It's also a kind of forced interaction. I don't really feel like that if I'm doing something similar with people I 100% get along with.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I'm not talking to myself, I'm not crazy - I was addressing that name changing chameleon.
    Give me some credit. I was referring to the miscommunication between you two - hence, might as well have been talking to yourselves.
    I call myself batyote and I fight crime at night.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Give me some credit. I was referring to the miscommunication between you two - hence, might as well have been talking to yourselves.
    Oh.

Anyhow you're on a Socionics forum where miscommunication is emphasised. You've got 16 types last time I checked and Model A actually puts emphasis on miscommunication (and communication) between Sociotypes. If it wasn't so and people from say other quadras started miraculously understand each other, this whole theory would just collapse under its 'weight' to never really recover.

As for the forced/puposeful miscommunication (and communication), as in, try hard to achieve something that isn't going to last long and the only way to maintain it being constant remembering oneself that it must be so, just to remain in the loop and a loop being whatever one thinks she/he is now, well, people do it to themselves. On their own accord.

That being said, I don't know what's up with this "defending" business William is pulling off. Scratch that, I actually do. The same way I know the reason people accuse him of doing it. So amidst his numerous username changes and butting into everything I happen(ed) to write so it looks like an exchange between a guy who directed his post elsewhere and some other guy who picks it up and takes it I have no clue where, William just shoots himself in the leg, repeatedly.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I don't really feel like that if I'm doing something similar with people I 100% get along with.
    Well, you're an extrovert. Isn't socionics awesome? It explains everything!
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for the forced/puposeful miscommunication (and communication), as in, try hard to achieve something that isn't going to last long and the only way to maintain it being constant remembering oneself that it must be so, just to remain in the loop and a loop being whatever one thinks she/he is now, well, people do it to themselves. On their own accord.
    So, no adjusting on your part, no meeting people half-way? On the one hand, it is a perfect selection process. I can see the appeal. On the other, isn't it a little too good?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So, no adjusting on your part, no meeting people half-way? On the one hand, it is a perfect selection process. I can see the appeal. On the other, isn't it a little too good?
    Don't have a bigger problem with that, but it takes two to tango. How about you?

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm usually far too adjusting and it tends to backfire. At some point I would wake up irritated, sometimes in the middle of a conversation, catching up on the fact that there's no me anymore in this splendid party of mutual understanding, hasn't been for a long while. No gain. I would switch and stop taking into account how I'd be perceived or misunderstood, entirely. Fun. The bittersweet kind.

You know what, on the second thought, this backfiring doesn't happen often. In fact, not nearly enough. That's why I said I could see the appeal to the very opposite attitude.
    Last edited by malna; 06-23-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, if anyone isn't interested in understanding, say, two opposing views, they're just going to meet themselves as single units not really having anything in common. It requires active participation on both sides.

Like I said, you would have to know where is the other person coming from (at least learn) with anything he/she does/says to actually join and vise versa. I'm sure you agreed with some person on here more than once. I can be exaggerating here and I can be wrong, but thing is the moment you do that you're somewhat liable for the stuff that happens after that phase...

For example, a person exclaiming "oh you understand me so well, that's exactly what I said" and so on, sounds like an extension of said first person to me now. It's no longer a one single person, it's two.

Are you "lost", then?

Let's just say I would agree with you on some crucial matter, something important to you right now and you out of fear(?) of, I don't know, stagnation would disagree, challenge me. I don't think you would be challenging me though, only yourself.

Of course, I could misunderstand what you what wrote, so nothing really happened...

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't have a bigger problem with that, but it takes two to tango. How about you?
    No. this isn't true, it takes one person to start, one person to respond.

Two to tango is the instigator attempting to apportion their own blame.

Homo

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    No. this isn't true, it takes one person to start, one person to respond.

Two to tango is the instigator attempting to apportion their own blame.

Homo
    I'm not even talking to you nor directed anything at you in this thread, William. I know this is a public thread and public forum, but you don't really have to oblige me with your shit stirring drama again.

Besides, you just repeated what I wrote once again, just to change the wording slightly. So I'm going respond in kind for it seems you're the initiator, which leaves me exactly where? The finish line.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not even talking to you nor directed anything at you in this thread, William. I know this is a public thread and public forum, but you don't really have to oblige me with your shit stirring drama again.

Besides, you just repeated what I wrote once again, just to change the wording slightly. So I'm going respond in kind for it seems you're the initiator, which leaves me exactly where? The finish line.
    Dude, you don't get to choose when you engage me or not, given that you have previously engaged me wherever. And you told me you (Absurd) will always be here to have a go at me.

Now, take your emo stuff away 'Bnd', and realise that I actually made a decent point, and your post backs it up, since you are this actual one to tango with many others!

And yeah, even then my post is still a valid point and reasonable answer to the conversation at hand despite your complaining.

Maybe this will be a conversation to learn, not for you to complain, doubt it, emo is your thing (which is something else you claim to oppose).

Hypocrite.

EG it does not take two to tango it takes one to start then the other to respond so stop complaining and be a 'real man' if you can, gay

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Dude, you don't get to choose when you engage me or not, given that you have previously engaged me wherever. And you told me you (Absurd) will always be here to have a go at me.
    Disagree on all counts. If I don't get to choose whether I engage you in anything, then I can't be really engaging you "wherever" as you put it. It's impossible. What you wrote simply says you have a choice and not me, and if you have that choice, once again, I can't choose to do so on my own accord, else I would.

Now, if I can't have the choice, you're at the liberty to engage me "wherever", and that's what's you're doing right now and have been doing for the past few weeks.

And I didn't really write "I will always have a go at you" - it is your personal interpretation of events. In fact, I couldn't care less what you're doing and not doing, although I wrote that I will be always here to scare you, that I did write.

Now, take your emo stuff away 'Bnd', and realise that I actually made a decent point, and your post backs it up, since you are this actual one to tango with many others!
    I'm not anywhere close to emo nor am I BnD.

BnD is in his special branch of Olympics I don't really have any claim to, besides his ridiculous accusations that pertain allegedly me saying something I didn't even say is enough for me to call it quits and...

Anyhow, you didn't make any point at all and sorry very much you oh so touchy and sensitive person, you're free to peddle on here anything you want, but if someone disagrees with you, don't make a scene out of it. You never know, one can be actually saying something of value and you covering your ears and eyes, and flapping your mouth spitting Words without even checking anything doesn't really make it the way you portray it.

Seeing you have a choice and I don't nothing can be done here.

And yeah, even then my post is still a valid point and reasonable answer to the conversation at hand despite your complaining.
    Assumption.

Maybe this will be a conversation to learn, not for you to complain, doubt it, emo is your thing (which is something else you claim to oppose).
    Another assumption.

Hypocrite.
    Assumption for the third time.

EG it does not take two to tango it takes one to start then the other to respond so stop complaining and be a 'real man' if you can, gay
    We have a winner. A homo one. That complains about complaining. Sold to the highest bidder.
    Last edited by Absurd; 06-23-2013 at 08:51 PM.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has socionics helped you to understand your career choices? The more I read and learn, the more I understand what motivates me, and why I'm able to do (or feel accomplished in) some things and not others.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    Has socionics helped you to understand your career choices? The more I read and learn, the more I understand what motivates me, and why I'm able to do (or feel accomplished in) some things and not others.
    Actually my career choice helped me to understand my socionics type. I am leaning towards LII because i love nothing more than analyzing and imposing structures lay on principles and coming to a conclusion and speak about it with others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12