Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello, friends!

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    O_o ...
    Is this thread for proclaiming personal negative biases bordering on bigotry?
    Yes. And for unnecessary soapboxing too, apparently.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is this thread for proclaiming personal negative biases bordering on bigotry?
    The superficiality of it made me think SEE
    Just answered your own question.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    I know I did. Did you miss this part?
    Then here is my version -
    Why I think my version (also example *wobbles on the soapbox) is excusable:
    1. I mentioned characteristic that I associate with SEE instead of evaluating the element which is obviously intrinsic and unchangeable.
    2. I didn't even evaluate that characteristic. Didn't say that it makes me want to hurl or that mention of having it should be considered an insult.
    3. Negative evaluations off a whole type could be considered to be implied since I admitted of having them, but I did so only to make a point and also devalued them as skewed and immoral.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I need a socionics translator, but I think I've figured us out:

ENFP / INTJ.

I initially thought he was ISTJ, but he jokes around more often than I do, despite his "I am right, know everything, and must do everything perfectly" attitude. And quite frankly, he's the funny one in our relationship when the two of us are alone. But he's only funny when it's just the two of us! It's like he keeps it a secret and nobody believes me! If there's someone in the room with us, he'll be unreadable until they're gone, and then he'll start making monkey noises and searching through my hair for lice. This description fit him to the T:

http://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality

Thoughts? Not sure what the conversion is socionics-wise, and I've re-read ENFJ and ESFJ, neither of which fit me as well as ENFP.

Is it possible to be an ENFP that does well fighting the inner battle to keep things clean and on time?
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post

ENFP / INTJ.

I initially thought he was ISTJ, but he jokes around more often than I do, despite his "I am right, know everything, and must do everything perfectly" attitude. And quite frankly, he's the funny one in our relationship when the two of us are alone. But he's only funny when it's just the two of us! It's like he keeps it a secret and nobody believes me! If there's someone in the room with us, he'll be unreadable until they're gone, and then he'll start making monkey noises and searching through my hair for lice. This description fit him to the T:

Thoughts? Not sure what the conversion is socionics-wise, and I've re-read ENFJ and ESFJ, neither of which fit me as well as ENFP.

Is it possible to be an ENFP that does well fighting the inner battle to keep things clean and on time?
    You're making the mistake of comparing apples to oranges. There's no universal conversion between MBTI and Socionics types, and you shouldn't be trying to find any middle-ground. They are different systems that draw from the same roots (Jung) and use similar acronyms (unfortunately).

For instance, you can be ENFP in MBTI and ENFJ in Socionics. MBTI descriptions are less consistent and void of the systematization of Model A and inter-type relations that make Socionics a more precise and accurate tool in assessing people's personalities and relationship dynamics. Socionics targets motives and information processing while, as far as I remember, MBTI only addresses people's outward behavior as an implication of simplistic cognitive function description interpretations.

I have lost some relevant bookmarks in a hard-disk crash, but try reading these for starters...

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ikisocion_home
    Last edited by Park; 06-24-2013 at 01:30 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFP / INTJ.

If you really want to figure out your type you have to read some theory. Because of the Barnum / Forer effect desciptions won't help you that much.
    A good start might be to look into the four quadras and because you're likely EXFx you could narrow it down to few types by selecting a quadra.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFP / INTJ.

ENFP/INTJ? Those are quite different types.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sociotype is my fav of most of the descriptive pages. And I based the typing of myself off of it.

Here's the link for EIE (ENFj): http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/EIE-ENFj/

for IEE (ENFp): http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/IEE-ENFp/

and for ESE (ESFj): http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/ESE-ESFj/

( I still see you as Fe> over Fi... and ESE> EIE> IEE.)

and for your husband's possible type:

link for LSI (ISTj) : http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LSI-ISTj/

link for LII (INTj): http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LII-INTj/

link for SLI (ISTp): http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/SLI-ISTp/

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    A good start might be to look into the four quadras and because you're likely EXFx you could narrow it down to few types by selecting a quadra.
    Some quadra descriptions (like the ones at wikisocion.org) can be misleading. There were some decent translations from Russian, but fuck me if I remember where I read them.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    Sociotype is my fav of most of the descriptive pages.
    It's OK. The celebrity typings kinda suck, though.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Some quadra descriptions (like the ones at wikisocion.org) can be misleading. There were some decent translations from Russian, but fuck me if I remember where I read them.
    I meant more deciding between quadras by figuring out which IE(functions) are valued Ne/Si vs Ni/Se and Fi/Te vs Fe/Ti, But I see that my post didn't make that clear at all- I am still not sure about my type though and i might shouldn't give advice but I strongly belief that i am Fi/Te valuing which helps narrowing types down-

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    It's OK. The celebrity typings kinda suck, though.

oh yeah, those are terrible.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for the resources, and for putting up with my eager but somewhat half-assed research! : )
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thank you all for the resources, and for putting up with my eager but somewhat half-assed research! : )
    I'm still keeping an open mind about your type and we'll see if maybe you'll consider another one to be more fitting.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>.>

<.<

*pats*

You might hang around Alpha and Beta quadra for a while to get a feel for the groups. Of course, feel free to visit the others as well. We're not picky or horribly exclusive here, at least not in that sense.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE.

You see applejacks is a wonderful person who believes that everyone is an extra special godchild with a bud of wonderful beauty and creativity waiting to burst out. I found this easy to discover because I think every single person is a tosser.

Applejacks is great.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    IEE.

You see applejacks is a wonderful person who believes that everyone is an extra special godchild with a bud of wonderful beauty and creativity waiting to burst out. I found this easy to discover because I think every single person is a tosser.

Applejacks is great.

Aww!!

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireyed View Post
    You seem like a real sweetheart, applejacks. It's a breath of fresh air to have someone like you on this forum!
    Thank you for all the kind words!

But don't let me fool you. I'm actually quite cold and uncaring, and regularly dump senior citizens out of wheelchairs.

*steeple fingers*

EDIT: I will now commence the changing of my avatar to something evil and brooding.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT: I will now commence the changing of my avatar to something evil and brooding.
    This one this one!

is that from Wonder Showzen ?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Lul, okay burn.

Anyway, apple, delta quadra is stockpiling win in the bunker, so make sure to get in all the action.

And no, I wasn't painting nor had a drink.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by the16types View Post
    is that from Wonder Showzen ?
    Wonder Showsen was an awesome show!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may be inclined to concur with Si/Ne, but I have a better suggestion for apples...

ESFj, Fe (aka Sarah Chalke) subtype.

They are basically the same person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12