Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
I don't need everything perfect either. Contrary to popular belief, a President can't stop a war he didn't start with a wave of his hand and some hocus-pocus. And congress can block his way to repealing things like Guantanamo.
And you actually listened to his promises!
[...]the promise to eventually end the wars(which is happening),[...]
Yeah, after he sends some more troops. PEACE IS WAR!
I see some progress on these issues and it's better than what would have happened with the alternative. The rest, I never had any illusions it was going to work out in the first place. I take the small victories where I can.
What a bitch mentality! Democracy loves you. It's like you can choose which cock rapes your ass. How nice of them!
If Obama fails this go around, there's going to be another election and another group of people put in charge and another set of promises and goals and I will see who is going to promote my issues and who is going to be against that. And you do this until you don't or the unity is irrevocably broken or you are broken. I never had any illusions of the politicians fulfilling a fraction of the promises they say, but I do judge people on the attempt, their overall goals and other such traits.
It's good that you are satisfied with promises. You ain't getting a lot more than that.
The fact remains that you engage in propaganda, trying to tell people what to do, how to vote or not vote, to sway them into your side with your own set of lies and misrepresentations. You make for a pretty good politician. You're a liar, a propagandist, someone more than willing to use emotional appeals and simplifications to get what you want from people.
Thank you, but I must add that I couldn't do it without people like you.