Thread: self development within the socionics theory

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by labtard View Post
    no to both questions. i was not expressing a wish relating to my own needs.
    I apologize, I must have misinterpreted you then.

From what I understand you say objective self improvement is, if there were to be such a thing, increasing optionality; if a person gains more options. I interpreted this as saying self improvement is increasing one's abilities, knowledge, work capable machines and so on, in general things that increase one's reach and impact in the real world?

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Based on your responses are you saying socionics cannot aid in self improvement other then by accident and sticking to it may even be counterproductive and harmful? Or something like that?

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tropski Bolest View Post
    Based on your responses are you saying socionics cannot aid in self improvement other then by accident and sticking to it may even be counterproductive and harmful? Or something like that?
    I don't think socionics can make much difference to self development. It categorises and it an 8 dimensionality of information metabolism. Self development has a number of dimensions which are focused on the information rather than the metabolism which are all unique to each individual.

Playing with socionics to impact individual development seems like pushing a string to move a house.