• SLI

1 11.11%

Thread: Malcolm X

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malcolm X was some kind of a black nationalist, but he still had some interesting arguments. Kind of ironic as an all-encompassing ideology of Socionics would be against everything he was speaking for. He thought that having some kind of a segregated black nation, separate from America, and ideally back in his homeland Africa, would be ideal. He was a race purist/nationalist.

I think the difference between him and Martin Luther King were about them being on the different sides of the political spectrum. MLK were more on the liberal side, while Malcolm X was more on the conservative side. Ultimately, I think MLK proved himself to be more right, although Malcolm X still had many interesting arguments. MLK wanted to constructively solve the problem of racism and peaceful co-existence and co-prosperity in a society, while Malcolm X didn't even want to live in America and have nothing to do with it. He thought of himself as a diaspora, dreaming of one day returning to his ideal homeland. I think that's an attractive image to have for those who were unjustly and forcefully taken against their will from their homelands, that they would return one day and everything will be all right again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    The difference is in how detractors of both saw American as racist, so they were in a sense both enemies of "America", but if you look at America as LIE you see X not as an enemy but as a critical dual, whereas King really was in some sense communist and a threat on a different level, although they both had meritorious messages in regard to racism itself, namely that it is bad. Malcom X comes across as more sympathetically human in an individualistic sense to me
    Just lol at every level. It's like you can keep making these kinds of bullshit as much as you want. It just goes to show how hopelessly childish and inadequate any Socioniocs "analysis" really are.

Premise: Assume that Socionics is true at every level. Then try to fit every scenarios into this premise.

Result: Clusterfuck.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can see you want to open up some kind of debate based on some of the premises you've laid out here; maybe niffer will take you up on that, but that trick is old hat from my point of view... all I want to do is throw out my point of view and if people want to consider it or ask clarifying questions good for them; your way of doing things I find kind of juvenile because it doesn't seem to really respect the material or the opinions of people, it just seeks to come in and generate conflict and controversy by emotionally riling people up with offensive and hyperbolic claims that aren't really even in good faith to begin with. its sort of like just coming in and making a mess so SLE has something to play with. anyway I find since all these claims really are about you and not malcolm X we should just focus on that if we want to resolve the source of the controversy, so this thread is now about you

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I can see you want to open up some kind of debate based on some of the premises you've laid out here; maybe niffer will take you up on that, but that trick is old hat from my point of view
    No, I'm just pointing out how ridiculously shortsighted and shallow your analysis is. This cannot be helped, as Socionics is a shallow system that can't generate anything new.