Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Ni, 4-5-9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    I don’t recall you stating that he asked for your help in the OP and my initial impression of your view of how he lives his life is negative and judgmental.
    Yeah, you're right. I didn't say that. Perhaps I should have been up front with that.

It gives me the sweats to post on these boards, which sucks because I fucking love thinking about and discussing socionics. I feel like I have to cover my ass at every angle, or someone is going to tear me apart, or take the post on some giant tangent that picks apart one small detail of what I am saying. I actually appreciate the difficulty and the striving for accuracy and truth and everything. But it's also irritating to spend so much energy trying to phrase my questions in ways that take into account all of the different crappy things people might assume or project into it. It would be awesome if people just asked instead of assumed.

Then again, maybe I need to learn to communicate better.

Also (and this isn't directed at you), I don't get why some people respond with what is essentially "You are being stupid and I don't care to answer you." Why bother?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rahmyn View Post
    Yeah, you're right. I didn't say that. Perhaps I should have been up front with that.

It gives me the sweats to post on these boards, which sucks because I fucking love thinking about and discussing socionics. I feel like I have to cover my ass at every angle, or someone is going to tear me apart, or take the post on some giant tangent that picks apart one small detail of what I am saying. I actually appreciate the difficulty and the striving for accuracy and truth and everything. But it's also irritating to spend so much energy trying to phrase my questions in ways that take into account all of the different crappy things people might assume or project into it. It would be awesome if people just asked instead of assumed.

Also (and this isn't directed at you), I don't get why some people respond with what is essentially "You are being stupid and I don't care to answer you." Why bother?
    That’s no problem. I would cease to worry about what people on a public forum are thinking about you when you post. It’s unnecessary added stress to your life and over whom? Nobody important …

I have no problem with SEEs IRL, but I don’t have problems with any type IRL, honestly. I have one male SEE friend IRL, but he’s gay, so I’ve never dated him. We do find each other amusing … At first he judged me rather harshly, and then later became kind of fascinated with me. He’s great! I sometimes get annoyed with him because he’s pushy, but he means well.

I hope that was more helpful.
    Man grows used to everything, the scoundrel!

-Raskolnikov

TIM
    IEI-Ni, 4-5-9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    That’s no problem. I would cease to worry about what people on a public forum are thinking about you when you post. It’s unnecessary added stress to your life and over whom? Nobody important …
    Thanks, and yes this was more helpful to me.

As far as I can tell, I'm not so much concerned about what the person thinks of me personally. I just have a really hard time articulating my thoughts in general, and that struggle is made more difficult here. Probably good for me to keep trying.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rahmyn View Post

Welcome to t16t. Even if you came in like "lol I have no idea what i'm doing. I read this means this, does it actually mean that? I'm not sure and just want to learn", you'd probably get flamed at and then 2+ people would start arguing in the comments and totally ignore your question right after anyone starts trying to answer in an attempt to correct each other and prove each other wrong. We're less into "discussing" and more into bickering.

I think we don't get enough new people, so the older people don't have anything new to bring to the table and just start ragging on each other because there's nothing else to do, and socionics plays in because that's really the only thing anyone here actually has in common with anyone else who is here. For better or worse, it's not you.