Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INTp skeptical of ESFps

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most realistic and/or lasting ("real") relationships happen in the course of other pursuits. That's not to say that dating sites can't be helpful or aren't advisable, but trying to force someone to take a certain path to fulfillment isn't going to end well. You'll end up wishing you hadn't tried to squash someone into a persona or mold that isn't natural for him. Eventually, all people will be themselves, even if only in small ways.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    What are the traits that these SEEs exhibit?
    showering you (and potentially everyone) with compliments in such a way, that you're convinced they just wanna get you (and potentially everyone, at least 25% of them) into bed from second 1. talking as if they were drunk at least half of the time. being a buncha moving contradictions that not even they can explain (Ti, man). showing off their cars, moneis, women (..?..), or any kind of prowess, no matter how small. seeming kinda random once in a while. popping up when u least expect them. saying the most bizarre stuff (but not idiotic) as in a trance sometimes. talking about how they're turned on by intelligence or cerebral stuff and kinda sapiosexual to some extent ..in a way that would make you 100%sure they're just bs-ing unless u knew smth. about Ni-seeking.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 03-10-2016 at 03:39 PM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such a great title.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lived with my brothers SEE gf for a couple of years, we hated each other at first and we couldn't stop getting into heated arguments for the first month or 2. I guess what made things better was we both are a bit mean, bossy, like to talk crap, SEE is entertaining and a bit charming after you don't see them as threat or someone who will piss you off. SEE also helps ILI navigate in the social world, i learned a lot by watching SEE bullshit her way through everything LOL. After awhile we just became like brother and sister, voodoo magic.

ESI is a good choice and its a very easily start for ILI to start a relationship with ESI.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotDoingWork View Post
    i learned a lot by watching SEE bullshit her way through everything LOL..
    This should sound like wisdom and golden rain for you, if you're his dual. Coz that's the only way someone can tolerate them when they do that (or try to). You don't feel like pouring arsenic in their food if you're the dual.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    My SEE sister, who is 31, I'll be 33 soon, keeps her house looking elegant. She has an assortment of different knickknacks from different cultures and her house is quite immaculate in that she likes everything to be 'just so' like you mentioned. Not much in the way of sentimental objects, with the exception being a few childhood photos. Everything else has been lost or just let go over the years.

My family was Catholic on my mother's side and my mom had this Last Rites crucifix that she inherited after someone died. It had the candles and bottle of holy water missing, which was kind of creepy, but it was something that meant a lot to her. She gave it to me a couple of years ago and I ended up giving it to my SEE sister because she always tells me about how no one ever gives her anything in the family. I thought she might've cherished it, you know mother to daughter, that sort of thing. Well, one day my mom called me and told me that the crucifix had been broken. Apparently, her jobless, live-in boyfriend(who is now in prison*) threw it off her front porch after one of their drunken arguments. They were evicted shortly after. Well, my mom retrieved it for me and I fixed it and still have. I won't give it back to her after that until she decides to settle down somewhere, which may never happen.

That is why she doesn't have many things of sentimental value. Either she has to leave stuff behind because she gets evicted or they get damaged during her lifestyle. It's not like she wouldn't want them. She just can't seem to hold on to anything very long.

Sorry, very, personal, but I thought it illustrated some points about SEE and their relation to objects.
    Very interesting. Thanks for sharing that. The SEEs that I know can be sentimental, but it is more pragmatic than my sentimentality. If something gets broken, lost or stolen, they are like, "Damn! Oh, well..." They get over that kind of loss so much more easily than me.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SEE hubby gets over anything way to quickly (which bothers me, since it takes time for that, but not for him.)

Tends to easily just throw something away, just because it doesn't work. Very fixable, he'd rather just not have it, buy another eventually. That's crazy most of the time.

I'm a saver, he's a disposer.

I collect, he consumes.

Sentimentality is something he has very little value for. Compared to me especially.

I recall when I first saw him. I really thought nothing of him. He was just a guy. Over the next week I saw him more (in group situations) and I was interested pretty fast. I think it mostly happened that we super connected standing in front of Videos, looking for one to rent for us and my friend to watch. I knew that whole time, since I'd gotten interesting, he was the one I was looking for, I only had to stick around and wait for him to do something.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have a lot of SEE friends who want a match
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazymaisy View Post
    My SEE hubby gets over anything way to quickly (which bothers me, since it takes time for that, but not for him.)

I collect, he consumes.

Sentimentality is something he has very little value for. Compared to me especially.

I recall when I first saw him. I really thought nothing of him. He was just a guy. Over the next week I saw him more (in group situations) and I was interested pretty fast. I think it mostly happened that we super connected standing in front of Videos, looking for one to rent for us and my friend to watch. I knew that whole time, since I'd gotten interesting, he was the one I was looking for, I only had to stick around and wait for him to do something.

lol wtf is this. How did the dude dualize you anyway, you still sound ILI like cray.
    cool manifestation of negativism btw.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazymaisy View Post

Tends to easily just throw something away, just because it doesn't work. Very fixable, he'd rather just not have it, buy another eventually. That's crazy most of the time.

I collect, he consumes.

I think it depends on the type of sentimentality you're looking at. For me, I don't value a home sentimentally at all. To me, it has always been just a place with four walls, easily excahangeable for another. Some people aren't like that and really do value the places they live, imbuing them with a certain lasting emotion. Perhaps I'll change when I'm older, but for me a home is a place for sleep and to do things solo without interference from the public.

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    lol wtf is this. How did the dude dualize you anyway, you still sound ILI like cray.
    cool manifestation of negativism btw.
    Thanks

We've been married 20+ years. He was my best friend by the time we were engaged. It was pretty fast, met early Dec.then engaged in June, married in Sept. We as a unit are dualized. Normal to each other. Benefit from each other. Our first 4 years of marriage were just us, then kids arrived. It's a vanilla existence with highs and lows, comfortable, safe,

He travels for work, so I have plenty of me time. I'm still ILI and that won't go away. Dualization doesn't remove one's own personality, only refines it, strengthens it. When we are together we are one. When we are apart we function indivdually as needed.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've gone through these phases in my life where I've been Se seeking. I moved away from being this introverted, science and math nerd in high school, to working out, running, focusing on how to pick up women(mostly with the advice from an SEE roommate) in college. Then I sort of lost interest in those things because they seemed pointless to me. A couple of years ago, I went through this other awkward phase where I started buying bright colored clothing and was into learning how to dance. I never felt so spontaneous in my life, but then I lost interest in that. I think the Se mindset would be really good for me, but I can't except it as a worldview to live by.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm skeptical of SEEs. Too aggressively wayward.

The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you all don't want your SEE's anymore please send them to me at,

SEE You Later LLC 654
    Shipping Department
    P.O. Box 948
    Los Angeles, CA 97865

Disclaimer: We are not liable for any damages to SEE's during shipping and handling this includes and is not limited to death, dehydration, starvation, suffocation, illness, disease or any other preexisting conditions.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics:ILI (Ni-Fi)
    Enneagram Type: 5w4
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9 Heart-4
    Instinctal Stacking:
    Sp/Sx Mid
    Jung's 12 Archetypes: Self-Sage, Ego-Hero, Soul-Rebel

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Shadow View Post
    If you all don't want your SEE's anymore please send them to me at,

SEE You Later LLC 654
    Shipping Department
    P.O. Box 948
    Los Angeles, CA 97865

Disclaimer: We are not liable for any damages to SEE's during shipping and handling this includes and is not limited to death, dehydration, starvation, suffocation, illness, disease or any other preexisting conditions.
    I could share mine (through a part time contract), I kind of suspect some form of bisexuality anyway. Send pics to check your hotness and general reliability.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am skeptical that SEEs are great at sex. I am after all, an empiricist.....mostly

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    I am skeptical that SEEs are great at sex. I am after all, an empiricist.....mostly
    Se base is quite decent at sex ime ... I have only been with one SEE, but the 2 SLEs I know also performed well. I take it almost as an implacable hard fact of this function. Hardly any complain except for the fact that we could barely find real topics to talk about when going out and stuff; we kind of had to explore several pubs/restaurants in one evening to feel alive and not "empty" together.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILIs are distrustful and that's what makes them kind and good-natured souls.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I'm skeptical of SEEs. Too aggressively wayward.
    Maybe those who haven't matured and haven't stopped to consider how their words and actions affect other people, lack impulse control, and so on. I think some are so caught up and focused on what's going on around them/outside of them and responding to external stimuli that they fail to see the impact (positive or negative) they are making and therefore don't see themselves as aggressively wayward, as you put it, that others do, and I do know some who are in fact aggressively wayward to the point that people, myself included, have shunned them.

However, plenty are considerate, mature, have self-control, and exercise common sense and thus restraint. Like with all sociotypes, the SEE type varies considerably from person to person in a given time in that person's life, depending on a lot of factors. Doesn't make socionics any less relevant or valid (as some assert the contrary if socionics cannot predict personality and behavior [at least to the extent that some assume socioncis does]).

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    He wouldn't want my type in reality, I assure you; he just wants it for superficial reasons.

You are a very intelligent person. Why wouldn't he want your type?

I'm not. Because open your eyes. There is one right in this very thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12