Thread: What makes you NOT a socionist!!!

Hybrid View

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tropski Bolest View Post
    My understanding of socionics is people produce information, people exchange information, people process information. Where there are then various models that attempt to describe how this happens.
    That definition wouldn't just apply to socionics though, but I think that's what it wants to be about, which is my point that until there's reproducable evidence, socionics might describe nothing and it is after all a useful philisophical tool for people to apply to situations in life as a factor which might help them personally, along with some other things.

Quote Originally Posted by psevdonim View Post
    Hi, what made you conclude that from my words?
    From what I understand of what you said, you are saying that every aspect of socionics is a model that attempts to approximate certain things about real people in the real world. It is entirely disconnected from reality like how a window has nothing to do with the view from it, even through it can be used to structure it, show certain patterns. Or reality does not obey the rules of socionics. Did I misinterpret you?

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    That definition wouldn't just apply to socionics though, but I think that's what it wants to be about, which is my point that until there's reproducable evidence, socionics might describe nothing and it is after all a useful philisophical tool for people to apply to situations in life as a factor which might help them personally, along with some other things.
    Do you think one could construct an entirely empirical kind of socionics?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tropski Bolest View Post
    From what I understand of what you said, you are saying that every aspect of socionics is a model that attempts to approximate certain things about real people in the real world.
    Correct.

It is entirely disconnected from reality like how a window has nothing to do with the view from it, even through it can be used to structure it, show certain patterns.
    If it can be used to structure reality then it already cannot be entirely disconnected from it. It is exaclty the connection point - serve to reflect the reality.

Or reality does not obey the rules of socionics. Did I misinterpret you?
    Reality need not obey the rules of socionics, rather the contrary - these rules have been invented to model (make a mental image of) the reality. Reality is something we are trying to get glimpse of and models serve to that end.