TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my point was not about the thread I linked to, other than the title
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benny
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    there are several ideas about Te/Ti in this thread, none of which are very well presented and several of which are contradictory. i don't know what you intended me to take from it.
    Your overwhelming degree of cynicalism, without anything worthwhile to offer seems to encourage me to not take you seriously.

Could you please try to reword what you say in the future, so as that it'll come across better.
    Niffweed is correct because all he's doing is pointing out that the fact rationals move in a stiff-like manner compared to irrationals has not been fully proven. It does sound convenient considering the stereotyping of the overall flexibility of irrationals.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my point was not about the thread I linked to, other than the title
    and who do you believe is demonstrating Te and Ti here, and why?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I'm saying is that it can be useful, and may not always be right, but can cut lead towards the solution.

Normally when you look at someone, it's pretty obvious if someone's male or female, but if someone asks you how to distinguish then it's suddenly a lot more complicated -

When you try and attack everything with validity, then suddenly nothing's valid. And you may as well fail before you start.

It's better to screw up, and learn from your mistakes. Then to avoid making the mistakes in the first place.

And even if fuzzy-logic is being used as long as it's towards valuable ends, then maximum value can be harvested.

And to that same end, if a girl has small breasts, you can say that they're not really very woman-like. They're just a little girl.

Sometimes it takes years to arrive at what is destined to be, and earlier solutions, are replaced with more advanced solutions.

But as soon as you start attacking any earlier solutions, then you can't really get to any advanced solutions.
    no. you've missed the point completely.

checking to see whether somebody has large breasts is a fairly accurate method of determining their gender.

checking to see whether somebody makes abrupt movements is not at all an accurate method of determining type. this can be demonstrated due to the fact that, if you were to conduct research on this issue, you would not find that 95% of rational types or ENTjs or any sample you choose would make abrupt movements.

If you want to contradict the abrupt movements thing, then feel free to. Just give me something that actually contradicts it, rather than "It could be contradicted".
    what on earth are you talking about?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    there are several ideas about Te/Ti in this thread, none of which are very well presented and several of which are contradictory. i don't know what you intended me to take from it.
    Your overwhelming degree of cynicalism, without anything worthwhile to offer seems to encourage me to not take you seriously.

Could you please try to reword what you say in the future, so as that it'll come across better.
    Niffweed is correct because all he's doing is pointing out that the fact rationals move in a stiff-like manner compared to irrationals has not been fully proven. It does sound convenient considering the stereotyping of the overall flexibility of irrationals.
    Note: abrupt != stiff
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG

Note: abrupt != stiff
    Yeah, the word abrupt reminds me of something, it fits so well with the metaphorical movements of rationality in terms of reacting to the environment. Does this mean that irrationals are more loose when they walk? This can correlate with the metaphorical movements of irrationality and how they avoid barriers. It seems too picturesque for me, but I'm sure observations could only prove this.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd disagree. I'm very flexible and smooth while walking, though the "start" of moving itself is always abrupt: it does fit with your "reaction" bit. It might just be because my rationality is the weakest preference; though if you generally look at the posture of many ENTj actors you'll notice that they tend towards smoothness.

Oh, now I get what you mean by avoiding barriers. I think it's bullcrap . It's based on things like "rationals stop at road lights" or shit like that!

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'd disagree. I'm very flexible and smooth while walking, though the "start" of moving itself is always abrupt: it does fit with your "reaction" bit. It might just be because my rationality is the weakest preference; though if you generally look at the posture of many ENTj actors you'll notice that they tend towards smoothness.

Oh, now I get what you mean by avoiding barriers. I think it's bullcrap . It's based on things like "rationals stop at road lights" or shit like that!
    I do as well, that is why I said it sounds too picturesque. Almost an attempt to make everything seem linear and connect beautifully. To the extreme point of fabrication and nonsense. One could only tell observations like I stated above, but I don't pay attention to things like that.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do as well, that is why I said it sounds too picturesque. Almost an attempt to make everything seem linear and connect beautifully. To the extreme point of fabrication and nonsense. One could only tell observations like I stated above, but I don't pay attention to things like that.
    (I've actually paid attention to it) (I haven't noticed distinguishable features)(except for the ISTj/ENFj pair, which seems to fit the rationality stereotype more closely)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

(I've actually paid attention to it) (I haven't noticed distinguishable features)(except for the ISTj/ENFj pair, which seems to fit the rationality stereotype more closely)
    Heh, I can be somewhat rigid and have a rational approach at times to obstacles, I don't know to be honest about the theory of fluidness in terms of barriers, but I think it is more diverse. Everyone is stereotypically rationally robotic to an extent, even perceptive types I believe. I know one ENTj that seemed very fluid and somewhat like a perceiver and this made him difficult to type, not sure of his type still. He somewhat reminded me of you though.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice avatar traveler! But to the topic...I checked from pics and I still think the friend who I think is ENTj is ENTj. The friend who I think is ESTp is ESTp. And in my mind Benny is closer to the ENTj but I would have to meet him to be sure. But no measure sticks then if you don't like them

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Nice avatar traveler! But to the topic...I checked from pics and I still think the friend who I think is ENTj is ENTj. The friend who I think is ESTp is ESTp. And in my mind Benny is closer to the ENTj but I would have to meet him to be sure. But no measure sticks then if you don't like them
    Thanks

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12