0 Thread(s)

Yolandi is some off-the-wall SEE and Ninja is SLE

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They seem touchy and insecure in a similar way to how I've seen Te polrs act in some cases.

Last edited by Contra; 08-18-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    They seem touchy and insecure in a similar way to how I've seen Te polrs act in some cases.
    No, it's not Te PoLR, it is messing with stereotypes... They aren't REALLY touchy and insecure, they just can't answer the intellectual questions about their intellectual reason to do what they do without coming off as intellectual, and that would ruin their act - they want to play it all the way. These people are filthy rich and live in an upper class district of Cape Town, but they play out white trash personalities and white trash realities/mentalities to the max.

As for types, I think Silke nailed it.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ananke View Post
    No, it's not Te PoLR, it is messing with stereotypes... They aren't REALLY touchy and insecure, they just can't answer the intellectual questions about their intellectual reason to do what they do without coming off as intellectual, and that would ruin their act - they want to play it all the way. These people are filthy rich and live in an upper class district of Cape Town, but they play out white trash personalities and white trash realities/mentalities to the max.

As for types, I think Silke nailed it.
    So you think in their response to that last question in the interview they were just playing up their white trash personas? To me it sounded like they didn't even know what the guy was really talking about and Ninja was on the defense because the interviewer had already asked some sensitive questions.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So you think in their response to that last question in the interview they were just playing up their white trash personas? To me it sounded like they didn't even know what the guy was really talking about and Ninja was on the defense because the interviewer had already asked some sensitive questions.
    Of COURSE they know what he talks about - it's the no. 1 discussion online about them, Ninja even told him to not ask such stupid questions.They even answer in the end, to give the interviewer a way out - Ninja asks if he considers himself intelligent, and then says he can find the answer within himself. The answer is that they do not WANT to talk about it, as talking about it would ruin it. The second they start analysing their art intellectually, it is ruined. Get it?

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of COURSE they know what he talks about - it's the no. 1 discussion online about them, Ninja even told him to not ask such stupid questions.They even answer in the end, to give the interviewer a way out - Ninja asks if he considers himself intelligent, and then says he can find the answer within himself. The answer is that they do not WANT to talk about it, as talking about it would ruin it. The second they start analysing their art intellectually, it is ruined. Get it?
    lol you sound a little annoyed. Actually, I get what you are saying, but from my viewpoint there is no need for an aggressive response. To me, they are either conceptual or they aren't. It's not a question that would ruin their act if answered. If they are playing out their personas then the answer is "no, it's not conceptual" and they continue on playing up the white trash act.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are both​ right.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

lol you sound a little annoyed. Actually, I get what you are saying, but from my viewpoint there is no need for an aggressive response. To me, they are either conceptual or they aren't. It's not a question that would ruin their act if answered. If they are playing out their personas then the answer is "no, it's not conceptual" and they continue on playing up the white trash act.
    @ Contra, I'm not annoyed or aggressive at all, and if I came off that way, I'm sorry.

They answered something like "we are for real, for all people, not for hipsters". IMO, that's more or less the same as saying "no, it's not conceptual". And it is a lie, of course, in terms of how to categorise them.

They probably want the interviewer to play it their way, and not be so serious, rather ask them hip (imaginary life) questions they can answer in their roles, so that they can continue being a (hipster) act doing conceptual art without ever admitting/analysing it. They sort of produce an alternative reality, rather than conceptual art, imo. And I'm ruining it now by analysing it, but that's ok by me, as I don't care much for them, haha. Maybe that's why I seemed annoyed.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Contra, I'm not annoyed or aggressive at all, and if I came off that way, I'm sorry.

They answered something like "we are for real, for all people, not for hipsters". IMO, that's more or less the same as saying "no, it's not conceptual". And it is a lie, of course, in terms of how to categorise them.

They probably want the interviewer to play it their way, and not be so serious, rather ask them hip (imaginary life) questions they can answer in their roles, so that they can continue being a (hipster) act doing conceptual art without ever admitting/analysing it. They sort of produce an alternative reality, rather than conceptual art, imo. And I'm ruining it now by analysing it, but that's ok by me, as I don't care much for them, haha. Maybe that's why I seemed annoyed.
    I see. I didn't mean that an aggressive response wasn't necessary from you but that it wasn't necessary from Ninja or Yo-landii. FWIW, I don't like them either. I don't get the coolness factor with them. In the interview, I just equated their responses to something like that of Tyler the Creator's (SEI) in interviews. He just gets bored and thinks questions like "is your art conceptual?" as stupid. I don't think he even thinks about questions like that, which is what I figured what the case was here.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow i still love them
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    wow i still love them
    Well, you're free to, but they do have a song called "Fatty Boom Boom".

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and the video for that song? pretty awesome
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12