1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I've had my share of the nastiest, meanest LSE God ever made;
    You bet on the right horses so far.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand she was grieving and afraid, but she was projecting her untrue fear that all LSEs want an inhuman, non-complex dog instead of a living, breathing EII for a mate as the truth, and it is simply not true. There is no need for me to calm down. I am calm. Yes, she was generalizing, and when I see someone I care about not only experiencing an irrational fear that any and EVERY dual of hers will be immature but also proposing it publicly, I'm going to call the crap, crap. That's what is great about having me as a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenoa View Post

Actually, there is truth to Maritsa's observations. While I am aware of the need to show more sensitivity to the LSE sociokind, her observation on this matter is consistent with my own (I am NOT generalising btw).

p.s. She was merely expressing her disappointment regarding her past experiences with LSEs, not so much insulting the entire race. Relax...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    I understand she was grieving and afraid, but she was projecting her untrue fear that all LSEs want an inhuman, non-complex dog instead of a living, breathing EII for a mate as the truth, and it is simply not true. There is no need for me to calm down. I am calm. Yes, she was generalizing, and when I see someone I care about not only experiencing an irrational fear that any and EVERY dual of hers will be immature but also proposing it publicly, I'm going to call the crap, crap. That's what is great about having me as a friend.
    I see... Okay.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    As a general trend, thus far, it's true. Trends are dependent on how many ass holes you observe given all the ass holes you observe.

Even the crazy LSE who come here; their vision of the perfect EII is the woman who can't do anything for herself, who is helpless and needs them so much to do things for her. I say it ALL THE TIME THAT AN EII JUST CAN'T ARRANGE THE ACTIVITIES IN THEIR LIVES BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM THAT THEY GET SCATTERED IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS, MENTALLY; THAT'S ALL, ARRANGE THE DAMEN ACTIVITIES AND AN AN EII WILL FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THESE THINGS DONE.

Just because you love me and want to see me happy, it's not going to make a sane and normal LSE love me. Get that. You have to understand that.

Let me tell you the latest and greatest LSE thing that I've been told thus far "I want an open relationship, where you come, fuck me, and leave." I was like *um, do you know who you're asking this from? Just in case you missed it I'm a conservative, traditional person.* I have a very obvious "I go to church and help out the homeless in my community" persona that I wear when I date and I get this? How does this happen? HOW? I feel like every single LSE I meet is dishonest about their intentions, horny, and hung over some vision that isn't real.

What are they looking for?

a. Their own personal idea of physical attraction that has nothing to do with reality. The closer to the way they look like an SEE the better, big soft baby like faces and eyes.
    b. Their own contrived standards of compatibility that is somewhat unreasonable to me and my type
    c. That I'm probably wealthy
    d. someone to just have sex with them as a convenient prostitute

You can mix and match the above in any number of ways.

I almost feel like Feeler types are much more sensitive and flexible in their choice of mates. Take you, I'll name all the ESFp and every one of them that's single, strait and available would want to date you and have a try at a normal relationship with you.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-07-2013 at 03:14 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me tell you the latest and greatest LSE thing that I've been told thus far "I want an open relationship, where you come, fuck me, and leave." I was like *um, do you know who you're asking this from? Just in case you missed it I'm a conservative, traditional person.* I have a very obvious "I go to church and help out the homeless in my community" persona that I wear when I date and I get this? How does this happen? HOW? I feel like every single LSE I meet is dishonest about their intentions, horny, and hung over some vision that isn't real.

I would have asked you to expand your options, but I understood from what I read that you're quite adamant on getting an LSE partner... Why torture yourself?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would have asked you to expand your options, but I understood from what I read that you're quite adamant on getting an LSE partner...

EVERYONE HAS. Believe me the number of times I've cried throughout this process I don't think any average woman could. My dual cousin is sick of this, she's absolutely sick of it. She says "enough, no more duals, absolutely no more. You're just going to have to date a nice person from now on." How many stories can I possibly have? I can't take it any more.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why you so stubborn, M?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Why you so stubborn, M?
    I don't know. Maybe because I'm hopeful.
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Zenoa; 06-05-2013 at 02:29 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think you're being over idealistic... You're aiming for that elusive star that will make you happy ever after. But in all probabilities, it's not going to work out and you'll end up getting burnt over and over again... FOREVER. I suggest that you stop this silly behaviour, cut your losses, and start loving yourself instead of other people.
    LOL Beta^Se.
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Beta^Se.
    It's none of my business, but I seriously think that being more realistic might be better for your physical, mental and emotional health...

But enough. I don't provide free consulting services, and clients can do as they wish after the money's in my pocket.

/end

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It's none of my business, but I seriously think that being more realistic might be better for your physical, mental and emotional health...

But enough. I don't provide free consulting services, and clients can do as they wish after the money's in my pocket.

/end
    LOL Thanks
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have major issues with the Ne PoLR, probably worsened by being E6. My boss, a SLE-Se believes that the best way to learn is to throw you into entirely new situations, and you figure out how to get yourself out of it - this is contrary to my own approach!

The SLE insisted that I handled a particular job. It came at a particularly bad time, when I was concerned about several pending deadlines and my ability to achieve them within the time span allotted.

Nevertheless, I geared up for the challenge; laid out a relatively detailed plan and proceeded to attack the problem in every conceivable manner; leaving no stone unturned – no matter how remote the possibility of the bait being taken.

Eventually, it became clear to me that a few of these goals were dependent on factors beyond my control and were impossible for me to achieve. As my attempts began to fail (I tried everything), I became increasingly anxious and amped up my efforts. It came to a point where the frustration became unbearable and led to a drastic decline in my efforts to achieve some of the goals that I knew to be achievable. I felt trapped in a do or die situation; forced to continuously hit into the empty air with goals I knew could not be accomplished, and grew increasingly frustrated at every turn, eventually leading to a blow-up.

My SLE boss consequently decided that he had tortured me enough (by his admission. it turned out that it was part of his arbitrary “training program” to have me cultivate resourcefulness), the experience left me angry and drained. It had a detrimental effect on my existing work - I found it difficult to give a damn about completing what I had left in hand, despite forcing myself to as it was my duty.

I am trying to figure out how much of these ties in to being Ne PoLR and how much to being E6, as well as ideas on how I could prevent this from ever happening in the future (by minimizing the impact of Ne PoLR, etc).

Thoughts welcome.

ETA: Boss is more likely to be SLE-Se than SLE-Ti.
    sounds like you are claiming to have received an Ne-POLR hit from your boss, whom you are typing SLE.

One of the two is wrong. Either it wasn't an Ne-POLR hit, or your boss isn't SLE. SLEs dont value Ne and wouldn't be hitting an Ne-POLR with Ne. Maybe your boss is ILE? That said, i'm not sure that "training style" is a manifestation of Ne. I guess it could be (in the sense of giving you freedom to be as creative as you want to be), in a non-Te-driven way. I like to have a balance of Te-based guidance, though, with autonomy/flexibility given to me.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think lots of people end up using socionics as a metaphor to describe things they suck at or just got wrong, to then try to improve them.

I mean, if socionics was really true, I don't think I can explain or sometimes see what functions are like as a base, maybe that would be even harder to do and observe as a PoLR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    sounds like you are claiming to have received an Ne-POLR hit from your boss, whom you are typing SLE.

One of the two is wrong. Either it wasn't an Ne-POLR hit, or your boss isn't SLE. SLEs dont value Ne and wouldn't be hitting an Ne-POLR with Ne. Maybe your boss is ILE? That said, i'm not sure that "training style" is a manifestation of Ne. I guess it could be (in the sense of giving you freedom to be as creative as you want to be), in a non-Te-driven way. I like to have a balance of Te-based guidance, though, with autonomy/flexibility given to me.
    Haha nope, I'm claiming that my reaction to the rut I found myself in was Ne PoLR E6ish. Boss is definitely SLE. The 8w7 sx explosive type. Do note however that I waver on my type - I seem to have a hard time gauging myself objectively (I can see myself as almost every type in the socion depending on my viewing angle).

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    I think lots of people end up using socionics as a metaphor to describe things they suck at or just got wrong, to then try to improve them.

I mean, if socionics was really true, I don't think I can explain or sometimes see what functions are like as a base, maybe that would be even harder to do and observe as a PoLR.
    I see your point. I observe X phenomenon and I try to explain it using the socionics lens, and it isn't necessarily a perfect fit. It sorts of offer a decent explanation as a predictive guide, which is what i'm seeking for. Imperfect, but still better than the other theories.

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    From my view *on the outside* it looks like hyper-focus on something. Nothing wrong with that, just the nature of the thing. I focus on other aspects and miss holes in the structure, for instance, or i notice them but don't know where to start barricading first.
    Yes it does, doesn't it.. perhaps I shouldn't be looking at this socionically at all.

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    Hopefully your work situation difficulty was just a one off thing. take care
    Thanks, felafel.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never in my life did I think I would visit the 16types and read a thread about Maritsa and LSEs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Never in my life did I think I would visit the 16types and read a thread about Maritsa and LSEs.
    Life is strange like that

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a general trend, thus far, it's true. Trends are dependent on how many ass holes you observe given all the ass holes you observe.

Even the crazy LSE who come here; their vision of the perfect EII is the woman who can't do anything for herself, who is helpless and needs them so much to do things for her. I say it ALL THE TIME THAT AN EII JUST CAN'T ARRANGE THE ACTIVITIES IN THEIR LIVES BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM THAT THEY GET SCATTERED IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS, MENTALLY; THAT'S ALL, ARRANGE THE DAMEN ACTIVITIES AND AN AN EII WILL FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THESE THINGS DONE.

Just because you love me and want to see me happy, it's not going to make a sane and normal LSE love me. Get that. You have to understand that.

What are they looking for?

a. Their own personal idea of physical attraction that has nothing to do with reality. The closer to the way they look like an SEE the better, big soft baby like faces and eyes.
    b. Their own contrived standards of compatibility that is somewhat unreasonable to me and my type
    c. That I'm probably wealthy
    d. someone to just have sex with them as a convenient prostitute

You can mix and match the above in any number of ways.

I almost feel like Feeler types are much more sensitive and flexible in their choice of mates. Take you, I'll name all the ESFp and every one of them that's single, strait and available would want to date you and have a try at a normal relationship with you.
    I wish that were true. Very kind. Sadly there is not a lot of evidence for that. Hug. Keep on keeping on.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

it does just sound like you were taking things too seriously/intensely.

ppl have a bad habit of doing this and im no different, but really - if your life isn't in danger, there just isn't anything to get worked up over. People need to lighten up more, play more, love more, have fun more. and worry and stress a lot less.

You don't have to work for him. He's not god. If the job is seriously emotionally stressing you out that much, quit, take a week break, and slowly find work that better suits your lifestyle and needs. Obviously being paid for something isn't about working hard, it's about aligning to the right vibration of it. Did you ever see the film, american beauty? At the end the protagonist told his uptight boss to go fuck himself. We forget that we as people have choices and options. That we can chase our own dreams and goals... if you work hard and try to 'prove yourself' to another, they always take advantage, as to him you're just nothing more than some slave to make *his* dreams come true but what about yours? Well the realistic fact is we all need slaves if we want to make a lot of dreams come true, because it takes a lot of people to run dreams. But we need to realize that Santa's Little Helpers are just as important as Santa himself in making it happen. Santa just narcissitically came up with the idea, it is you doing the root grunt work.

And it's why I'm way left-wing. Worker rights. Not 'boss' rights. Fuck you boss!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truck View Post
    it does just sound like you were taking things too seriously/intensely.

ppl have a bad habit of doing this and im no different, but really - if your life isn't in danger, there just isn't anything to get worked up over. People need to lighten up more, play more, love more, have fun more. and worry and stress a lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by truck View Post
    You don't have to work for him. He's not god. If the job is seriously emotionally stressing you out that much, quit, take a week break, and slowly find work that better suits your lifestyle and needs. Obviously being paid for something isn't about working hard, it's about aligning to the right vibration of it. Did you ever see the film, american beauty? At the end the protagonist told his uptight boss to go fuck himself. We forget that we as people have choices and options. That we can chase our own dreams and goals... if you work hard and try to 'prove yourself' to another, they always take advantage, as to him you're just nothing more than some slave to make *his* dreams come true but what about yours? Well the realistic fact is we all need slaves if we want to make a lot of dreams come true, because it takes a lot of people to run dreams. But we need to realize that Santa's Little Helpers are just as important as Santa himself in making it happen. Santa just narcissitically came up with the idea, it is you doing the root grunt work.

And it's why I'm way left-wing. Worker rights. Not 'boss' rights. Fuck you boss!
    Ah yes... If you don't build your dreams, somebody will hire you to help build theirs. Since I'm stuck here for now, I may as well make good use of it - network, learn (it's good "training"), whatever, until the opportunity arises. My Santa is all too aware that he needs his little helpers to make his dreams come true after pissing a good number of them off. The firm is Beta populated and can be exciting if you play it well. Keeps me on my toes, and as I survive after each challenge I just *know* I will crumble under, my confidence grows. And that is a precious thing for an E6.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12