LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rubicube View Post
    EIE:
    Those statements fit me the best:
    -When and ENFp finds a group that is accepting of them they can be very funny, outspoken even brash in their comments. Sometimes they will use sweeping exaggerations to make the point and get a laugh. They love to give their opinion on any and all subject they find interesting. A funny twist is that if you listen long enough they will probably contradict all the things that they spoke so strongly about giving a completely different point of view. The ENFP is aware of the contradiction, but knows that there are many ways to view a subject and do not like to cancel out an opposing view too strongly. They do not like these contradictions pointed out to them in a critical manner. This speech is again used almost unconsciously to humorously provoke others in debate, to flesh out ideas and give their own insight. ENFPs deeply cherish friends who listen for content and don’t take every word seriously. Despite any outward confidence they need reassurance that they are OK the way they are. Sometimes they find friends among people others consider misfits, nerds or eccentrics. (couldnt delete any word more)
    Hate boring, tedious office work.
    ENFPs love to collect oddities and novelties. (these are the coolest things ever)
    -Choleric temparament.
    ENFp is IEE not EIE and has Ne base. These similarities support the ILE typing (not that I am convinced) .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    ENFp is IEE not EIE and has Ne base. These similarities support the ILE typing (not that I am convinced) .
    http://personalitycafe.com/socionics...socionics.html I got it from here.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Source looks fine to me, but so does my comment.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It's not a good way to type yourself using type descriptions and picking and choosing which things within each type fit you or don't; you may, behaviorally cross into all kinds of types, Socionics is about how you process information; it would be more accurate to either pick the functions in your psyche or to go to this site:

http://www.zhilkin.com/socio/en/
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@rubicube

what does "fun" mean to you?

When you do stuff for other people what's the purpose of this?

What do you think beauty is all about?

Do you have a tendency to focus your analysis to certain fields?

When you have the notion of having reached the truth, what makes you certain about this? (indicators?)

What do you consider to be a valuable opportunity?

If you lose a valued opportunity, how would you react?

What's your stance on quantum theory vs astrophysics?

What do you believe about chaos magic?

What is a relationship for you?

What is a friend?

What makes people "fake"?

What makes people "original"?

If you were a girl scout, how would you sell more cookies then other teams?

... Should be enough for now...

Wisdom: Knowledge condensed in antithetical propositions.

"Life is all about my most recent and pompous interpretation" [Narcisistic Scoundrel (Begining of Humanity - End of Humanity)]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does "fun" mean to you?
    Parties (excluding dances lol), 9gag, watching Remi Gaillard or Jenna Marbles videos, horror movies at the cinema, eating, water parks...

When people ask me/ when i need to give help in return. I like equality- person helps me, i help him. - if it is related to work, lending etc.
    To be secure, be sure that when i will need something people will help me.
    I like helping people metally. I really do, but i am bad at it. I wish i could help more but dont know how, most of the time.

Human body beauty- attractiviness.
    Art, music, deed, acts- pleasure.
    'Beauty' is very invidualistic- people can find beauty in everything because beauty is not universal.

I quess yes? I dont analyze things that dont interest me (but who does?).

When you have the notion of having reached the truth, what makes you certain about this? (indicators?)
    I 'make' my truths by reading/ listening to opinions/ other truths. Something always combines them and that is probably indicator to truth. When i have a notion of truth i suddenly get the 'base' of it and by that time my head will be full of details and then those details find their place. The fact that i reviewed a lot of different information makes so.

When something occurs at the right time and place and can benefit you.
    E.g i am a schoolgirl and dont know what career to choose. Sometimes to my school come some kind of studies/ university/ colledge presenters. I go to their presentations most of the time, because it is really useful.

Blame myself if it was important, 'oh well' if it wasnt. But i will always feel dissapointment. It happens often enough.

I suck at physics. No stance.

I believe it works- self persuasion works good enough to reach goals.
    But idk, i havent researched this topic.

What is a friend?
    A person you can always trust, a one that wont judge you, will always support.
    Person who understands you without talking.

In general they are acting. Changing entire personality to fit in, not being themselves, betraying friends for 'better' friends.
    I think not accepting themselves the way they are and insecurities makes them act so.

Genuinity mixed with a little courage.

1. Offer something that other teams dont- make cookies with great variety of tastes, make healthy ones, sugary, sugar- free, with spices, with jelly...
    2. 'Buy 2 get 3'
    3. Nice packaging, beautiful enviroment
    4. Small lottery
    5. Catchy, bright signs
    6. Cookie degustations

Last edited by rubicube; 04-01-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tejing View Post
    I think LIIs create structures/systems from ideas, while ILEs create ideas from structures/systems.
    I think LII generate new ideas( 2nd function) from logical systems(which can be invented or observed), but as their role function is , their systematic focus socially is humanitarian, ethical(for good and bad).

A good example is Gulenko who is one of the more capable hypothesis generators in Socionics while at the same time focuses his developments on humanitarian improvement.

ILE's are systems integrators, they take a myriad of ideas and formulate an unifying system(not really inventing a new system but modernizing/integrating/realizing) with as their role function their primary focus socially is organizational, creating logistical implementations of logical systems. A ILE's inventiveness is a product of role and demonstrative, actualizing external products.

This is of course influence by levels of development and to what level an individual has acclimated to society.

In Socionics every function is quite important in the motivational focus of individuals as well as their behavior and development.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does "fun" mean to you?
    Parties (excluding dances lol), 9gag, watching Remi Gaillard or Jenna Marbles videos, horror movies at the cinema, eating, water parks...

When people ask me/ when i need to give help in return. I like equality- person helps me, i help him. - if it is related to work, lending etc.
    To be secure, be sure that when i will need something people will help me.
    I like helping people metally. I really do, but i am bad at it. I wish i could help more but dont know how, most of the time.

Human body beauty- attractiviness.
    Art, music, deed, acts- pleasure.
    'Beauty' is very invidualistic- people can find beauty in everything because beauty is not universal.

I quess yes? I dont analyze things that dont interest me (but who does?).

I 'make' my truths by reading/ listening to opinions/ other truths. Something always combines them and that is probably indicator to truth. When i have a notion of truth i suddenly get the 'base' of it and by that time my head will be full of details and then those details find their place. The fact that i reviewed a lot of different information makes so.

When something occurs at the right time and place and can benefit you.
    E.g i am a schoolgirl and dont know what career to choose. Sometimes to my school come some kind of studies/ university/ colledge presenters. I go to their presentations most of the time, because it is really useful.

Blame myself if it was important, 'oh well' if it wasnt. But i will always feel dissapointment. It happens often enough.

I suck at physics. No stance.

I believe it works- self persuasion works good enough to reach goals.
    But idk, i havent researched this topic.

What is a friend?
    A person you can always trust, a one that wont judge you, will always support.
    Person who understands you without talking.

In general they are acting. Changing entire personality to fit in, not being themselves, betraying friends for 'better' friends.
    I think not accepting themselves the way they are and insecurities makes them act so.

Genuinity mixed with a little courage.

1. Offer something that other teams dont- make cookies with great variety of tastes, make healthy ones, sugary, sugar- free, with spices, with jelly...
    2. 'Buy 2 get 3'
    3. Nice packaging, beautiful enviroment
    4. Small lottery
    5. Catchy, bright signs
    6. Cookie degustations

aw you seem so cute/cool! I like your answers.

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    This is not at all accurate.
    I covered this already, but what I meant by "thrive on" was that they create structure, not that they need it already there. It was a bad way to say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Socionics is about how you process information; it would be more accurate to pick the functions in your psyche
    Another good resource for just getting a feel for the 8 functions is this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I think LII generate new ideas( 2nd function) from logical systems(which can be invented or observed), but as their role function is , their systematic focus socially is humanitarian, ethical(for good and bad).

A good example is Gulenko who is one of the more capable hypothesis generators in Socionics while at the same time focuses his developments on humanitarian improvement.

ILE's are systems integrators, they take a myriad of ideas and formulate an unifying system(not really inventing a new system but modernizing/integrating/realizing) with as their role function their primary focus socially is organizational, creating logistical implementations of logical systems. A ILE's inventiveness is a product of role and demonstrative, actualizing external products.

This is of course influence by levels of development and to what level an individual has acclimated to society.

In Socionics every function is quite important in the motivational focus of individuals as well as their behavior and development.
    I think you're talking about something different than what I was talking about, but also accurate and interesting. Your language for describing it in the case of the LII could use some work though. LIIs always consider how their ideas fit into their overall intellectual system, but the way you said it makes it sound like the ideas are standalone, which is more an ILE trait in my experience. My comment was more about the path that new ideas take... in LIIs they start out as inuitive concepts and are slowly made into precise systems, while in ILEs, pouring over systematic knowledge slowly forms a clearer intuitive concept. (though really, both types do some of both, of course)
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think you're talking about something different than what I was talking about, but also accurate and interesting. Your language for describing it in the case of the LII could use some work though. LIIs always consider how their ideas fit into their overall intellectual system, but the way you said it makes it sound like the ideas are standalone, which is more an ILE trait in my experience. My comment was more about the path that new ideas take... in LIIs they start out as inuitive concepts and are slowly made into precise systems, while in ILEs, pouring over systematic knowledge slowly forms a clearer intuitive concept. (though really, both types do some of both, of course)
    I don't think there is much of a disconnect here, but some clarification can't hurt.

I think what I said about LII is more or less that their ideas are a product of their logical systems, their ideas need to fit the various systems they have developed for themselves and learned. LII ideas are a deliberate and conscious process in order to actualize their systematic predispositions. From what I've observed, the producing function is quite a bit more deliberate and conscientious vs the base function, which is more reactionary and intense.

A ILE is different as their ideas come as strokes of inspiration(eureka) and they seek to fit these ideas together with the systems they have learned and adopted, they can often integrate this into a personal unified system which is a source of their deliberate and conscious process, one of the reasons why ILE's are seen as system makers.

This is not very surprising as difference because ultimately, the base function determines a very important characteristic of a individuals personality and that is temperament.

But as both types develop I think there is a convergence of thinking in the ego between these two types and similar conclusions can be reached, I think a good example is Dirac(LII) equation vs Schrodinger(ILE) equation. I couldn't begin to teach you what these equations mean but they way the equations are formulated speaks to the difference in thinking in the individuals. In the grand scheme of things these are two different means to the same end, and how these two individuals ended up in the same place was quite different.

Anyways, I've probably derailed this a lot, so maybe I will derail this to another thread later.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@rubicube

Your conception of humor is consistent with a merry personality, so α or β

Your idea of helping relating to the concept of opportunity and transaction as well as your idea of helplessness in such areas is an indicator of vulnerability, so ExTp

Valuable opportunity = potential for the future ... >
    so ENTp

Originality = personal property > assertiveness, more >

[On a side Note: role + suggestive could explain demand on beauty and your forced act of diet, which cannot upkeep.]

Your seem to value the perception of a possibility in Chaos Magic more then it's internal consistency indicates p > j

Seems like you seek for friends that are naturally empathetic non judgers: IxFp
    Wisdom: Knowledge condensed in antithetical propositions.

"Life is all about my most recent and pompous interpretation" [Narcisistic Scoundrel (Begining of Humanity - End of Humanity)]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    your writing seems very scattered btw so my previous NT suggestion seems strange now. could be a language issue (?). maybe ethical (?). that's all i can say at this point, and that you come across as likely Ti/Fe > Fi/Te. have you read up on clubs and temperaments? might be easier to figure out your type that way.
    English is not my first language, i only learn it at school. But i agree that i may be scatterbrained. When i write something, i cant write it well from 1 time. First time, it is always scaterry. Then i take another paper and re- write everything thoughtfully and orginized. NTs seem to be the smartest people of all types? I dont feel like it, so i quess i am not.
    Clubs and temperaments? You mean temperaments forums?

I have read about functions (mbti) and i think i appeal as you said more ti/ fe than fi/ te.
    Last edited by rubicube; 04-02-2013 at 12:11 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see you being scattered.
    Praise be to digital text editing. I would be screwed without it.

NTs seem to be the smartest people of all types? I dont feel like it, so i quess i am not.
    Doesn't work that way.

Temperaments are IJ,IP,EJ,EP as in IxxJ...

You shouldn't mess mbti and socionics together. Get type in one system and then check IF it translates to the other and whether that system is more informative.

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@hkkmr Your descriptions of LIIs and ILEs are starting to sound very similar, which isn't surprising, since they both pass information back and forth between the same 2 IM elements in their ego block, and it clearly it does go both directions. The important thing to figure out is which role each one plays. What I've been trying to say essentially boils down to the idea that the creative function plays an "active" role in the thinking process (information in motion) while the leading function plays a "passive" one (information at rest).
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@hkkmr Your descriptions of LIIs and ILEs are starting to sound very similar, which isn't surprising, since they both pass information back and forth between the same 2 IM elements in their ego block, and it clearly it does go both directions. The important thing to figure out is which role each one plays. What I've been trying to say essentially boils down to the idea that the creative function plays an "active" role in the thinking process (information in motion) while the leading function plays a "passive" one (information at rest).
    It's the difference between accepting and producing functions.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...c-of-Functions

It should be said that in the information processing analogy of socionics, information can be transformed between functions within a information block, these are all "adjacent" functions. cannot transform into and this form the basis of conflict. Simply these functions are not transformable directly without going thru a intermediate process.

I would say that the difference between LII and ILE can be quite pronounced when we find these individuals in reality. Mirror types are not very similar at all behaviorally.

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@hkkmr The differences between LII and ILE are definitely pronounced. My dad's a ILE, and we bump up against them all the time. When I read the article you linked, what I found I objected to was the idea that accepting functions reflect "external reality". This doesn't mesh with my experience at all, as my often deals with information that has no reflection outside my own mind. Without this capability there would be no possibility of imagination; no way to conceive of that which we have not perceived (and perhaps could not perceive).

@rubicube While there's no evidence of a correlation between intelligence and NTs, the cultural stereotypes of intelligence (at least in the western world) are somewhat correlated to NTs.
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@hkkmr The differences between LII and ILE are definitely pronounced. My dad's a ILE, and we bump up against them all the time. When I read the article you linked, what I found I objected to was the idea that accepting functions reflect "external reality". This doesn't mesh with my experience at all, as my often deals with information that has no reflection outside my own mind. Without this capability there would be no possibility of imagination; no way to conceive of that which we have not perceived (and perhaps could not perceive).

@rubicube While there's no evidence of a correlation between intelligence and NTs, the cultural stereotypes of intelligence (at least in the western world) are somewhat correlated to NTs.
    I would say that it's more a difference in experience. You experience accepting functions as a concrete thing, it has more "objective" weight. Yes you may know from analysis that is structure within your own mind, but when faced with the experience of this information, you experience it as something different than perhaps your knowledge.

BTW a important feature of accepting/producing functions is the alignment of I/E difference between the mental ring and vital ring. In the unconscious vital ring, the accepting functions are extroverted for a introvert. I have to go for now but I hope that clarifies a little.

TIM
    ESE-Fe
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Name13 View Post
    ILI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read other ILI descriptions (firstly, i read one that is really crappy and crossed out ILI) and they fit me almost perfectly (exept non sensitive ciritism). I am sure that i am ILI.
    Thanks for everyone who answered : )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12