Thread: Introverted Aggressors

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was talking to a lesbian ESI-Se the other day about Se and aggression. She's 26, weighs about 130, is in perfect health and is an ex-Lacrosse player and she teaches self-defense classes for women.

I was comparing her Se to my own (Hers is better) and to that of an SLE I've hired to do some work for me. The SLE spent ten years in prison for armed robbery, lifting weights and he now has the dead eyes of a killer, but he's basically a pretty typical SLE-Se otherwise. I told her that his Se is so strong that he'd wipe the floor with her.

"I don't know," she said. "I think I could take him."

Lol. Supervision is so good at overestimating one's position and devaluing the Supervisee's.

In any case, the conversation moved on to erotic attitudes. I thought that she, as an aggressor, would be aggressive in her romantic relationships. But she said no, she prefers to let the other woman approach her.

Let me say that she often looks like an SEE, but if you are around her enough, you can see that she's really an introvert. At least, I see this.

I said to her, "Really? In your relationships, who is it that does the approaching?" I was trying to get her to say that she did, but she paused to think about it.

She finally replied, "It's very self-affirming to be approached. It does away with all doubts."

And I actually do think that other women approach her. She displays herself as a model of health and beauty and strength, and I've seen how some women look at her. Yes, they approach first.

I guess this is a clue for how I should approach ESIs.

As the Erotic Attitudes article says, LIEs are Aggressors in Life and Victims in romance, and of the four Aggressor-Victim Duals, the ESI-LIE duality is the most evenly matched for aggression. The duality is kind of Switch, I'd say.*

I've been pretty neutral with ESIs so far, but it seems as if that is not what my Duals are looking for. Instead, they appear to place themselves in front of me, say "How can you possibly resist all this?", and want me to make the first move.

*I'd say that the difference in Aggression-Victimhood goes as follows: (SLE-----|-----IEI), (SEE---|---ILI), (LSI--|--EIE), and (ESI-|-LIE).
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-25-2021 at 12:46 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Read this story about how a guy got 50 years in prison or something because he raped a lesbian trying to turn her into a 'real woman.' Sick bastard. We don't see eye to eye that often Te authority people but go get 'em tiger! ((since I like the lesbian community a lot I think he should have gotten more or even the death penalty maybe but whatever...))

Yeah maybe she didn't take Te self-defense classes but I have my doubts in a real scenerio they would do much good and a real abuser would just laugh at her trying to defend herself anyway while he had his way with her. I read this story of an Unhealthy SLE bully who would beat up a bunch of people and laugh at how they took self-defense courses and what a horrible monster he was, he would just laugh at what color belt they got and easily beat them up etc. He seemed to genuinely feel bad for the way he acted- but also like he was bragging too lol.

This is why women need to be protected in society from crap like that instead of make-believing we can fix everything by turning them into Vampire Slayers because "Super Strength" isn't real and ignoring physical reality doesn't really work.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    He seemed to genuinely feel bad for the way he acted- but also like he was bragging too lol.
    Lol I've heard SLEs do stuff like this so often.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".