Hybrid View

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hatesyardwork View Post
    What does attack mode consist of? I am hearing both Overt and Discreet types of "aggression" as it relates to introverts in the thread.

I've had girls (who I later dated) ignore me for a long time and then make subtle attempts at a casual interaction. Is that aggression? A simple interaction as an attempt to break the ice?

Is it much different than SLE SEE and how so and do you believe an Se/Ti or Se/Fi act differently among subtypes? Thnx
    No that's not aggression lol. That's just, attempt to break the ice. At least not entirely passive of course.

It's different from Se bases, yes. I called it "attack mode" because it's a distinct new phase and distinctly more active and decisive after the observation phase. I'm more direct than the subtle attempts thing you write about.

Whatever it consists of specifically depends on the situation. Give me a type of situation and I can say more.

Thanks, I understand they like you, I was just wondering if this falls under "aggressor" behavior because this seems as overt as it gets with the Se introverts with gender differences accounted.
    Reading the thread I am wondering why socionics ascribes the term aggressor to people who take zero initiative.
    Zero initiative - that's not me. I may want a signal first before I take initiative but in some cases not needed. With ESI-Fi's, I think it's more soft/subtle, if that's the type you were mainly thinking of.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I called it "attack mode" because it's a distinct new phase and distinctly more active and decisive after the observation phase. I'm more direct than the subtle attempts thing you write about.

Whatever it consists of specifically depends on the situation. Give me a type of situation and I can say more.

ESI Fi probably use a softer/subtle approach.
    A coworker who has been ignoring me that I have caught staring at me several times is moving in after ignoring and avoiding me for a year. She's everywhere suddenly......dropping comments when I am in earsthot and talking with people in my "clique" that she never spoke to before. Engages everyone but me, never makes eye contact, it's odd. I can tell she is trying to get me to interact subtly. . She was very rude to me the 2 times I interacted with her in the past so I never speak to her. Never done a thing to this woman. Suddenly she's a sweetheart. I don't understand any of her behavior. She's closing in.......or she hates me.
    Last edited by hatesyardwork; 03-09-2017 at 01:12 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A coworker who has been ignoring me that I have caught staring at me several times is moving in after ignoring and avoiding me for a year. She's everywhere suddenly......dropping comments when I am in earsthot and talking with people in my "clique" that she never spoke to before. Engages everyone but me, never makes eye contact, it's odd. I can tell she is trying to get me to interact subtly. . She was very rude to me the 2 times I interacted with her in the past so I never speak to her. Never done a thing to this woman. Suddenly she's a sweetheart. I don't understand any of her behavior. She's closing in.......or she hates me.

Lol.

Now, why would you think that?

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Lol.

Now, why would you think that?
    My Ni has narrowed it down to those 2 possibilities.

My Te has narrowed it down to one solution assuming she is closing the distance.........playing it cool, letting her get close, and punching her in the face.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My Ni has narrowed it down to those 2 possibilities.

My Te has narrowed it down to one solution assuming she is closing the distance.........playing it cool, letting her get close, and punching her in the face.
    Your perception might be right, but this relationship does not sound healthy.

Personally, I like to spend my time with people with whom I feel like I'm accepted and can be a better person.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I don't really get that sort of behaviour. Sounds like some Ethical type for sure. You think she might be your dual?

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really get that sort of behaviour. Sounds like some Ethical type for sure. You think she might be your dual?
    ESI I think. She is mute and shy around me and very rude for no reason a couple of times. Rolled her eyes at me once when I joined in conversation, it was so out of place that I called her on it "what the fuck is that look for"? Caught a couple of dirty looks. Again I don't really even know her, never talk to her or socialize. I leave her alone, but if we bump into each other she is very tense around me. Won't look at me when we pass each other, but I catch her looking at me often from afar. Lately she is much more talkative "around" me, not to me but to others I converse with. She comments to others I am speaking with but not to me. She doesn't join in, walks by and says something. This weird friendly and funny side I have never seen from her around me.
    She is closing in or she hates me.
    Last edited by hatesyardwork; 03-09-2017 at 10:58 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

ESI I think. She is mute and shy around me and very rude for no reason a couple of times. Rolled her eyes at me once when I joined in conversation, it was so out of place that I called her on it "what the fuck is that look for"? Caught a couple of dirty looks. Again I don't really even know her, never talk to her or socialize. I leave her alone, but if we bump into each other she is very tense around me. Won't look at me when we pass each other, but I catch her looking at me often from afar. Lately she is much more talkative "around" me, not to me but to others I converse with. She comments to others I am speaking with but not to me. She doesn't join in, walks by and says something. This weird friendly and funny side I have never seen from her around me.
    And you are LIE yeah?

Sorry I can't give advice there, this would be pretty confusing to me too. Good luck tho'

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you are LIE yeah?

Sorry I can't give advice there, this would be pretty confusing to me too. Good luck tho'
    Are SLI females very coy? I got her ESI, others are questioning my typing. I include "watching" from afar as coy, not engaging too much before you decide to go into attack mode.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Are SLI females very coy? I got her ESI, others are questioning my typing. I include "watching" from afar as coy, not engaging too much before you decide to go into attack mode.
    I dunno about SLIs. I can do the watching from afar thing myself (depending on what kind of interest I have in someone and on how they behave, etc), no idea if it looks coy lol. But I don't do this indirect manipulation thingy with talking to other people instead of the person I'm interested in or the rude/dirty looks or whatever.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like she doesn't like you and is trying to win your friends over to her side.

You might wanna make sure she isn't spreading some rumors about you.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post
    Sounds like she doesn't like you and is trying to win your friends over to her side.

You might wanna make sure she isn't spreading some rumors about you.
    @Resonare, do ESI's really do that?

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Resonare, do ESI's really do that?
    I highly doubt she is ESI.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    My experience with being chased by ISxjs is that they are really obvious while trying NOT to be obvious It's endearing, really.
    Not to derail this thread onto the Infantile-Caregiver axis, but I was in the office of a male SLI when a female IEE came in and asked for a report while smiling, kind of approaching and receding from his desk, turning to show her ass and leaning over to show her chest while talking non-stop, and he's like OMG she has a great ass and great tits and he says, carefully, really, really trying hard to focus, "Uh, when did you need that report?", like that was the only thing on his mind.

Honestly, when she bent over and he tried not to look, I could see the circuit breakers popping in his head, turning a guy with a PhD instantly stupid. It's like he has no defenses against this.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to derail this thread onto the Infantile-Caregiver axis, but I was in the office of a male SLI when a female IEE came in and asked for a report while smiling, kind of approaching and receding from his desk, turning to show her ass and leaning over to show her chest while talking non-stop, and he's like OMG she has a great ass and great tits and he says, carefully, really, really trying hard to focus, "Uh, when did you need that report?", like that was the only thing on his mind.

Honestly, when she bent over and he tried not to look, I could see the circuit breakers popping in his head, turning a guy with a PhD instantly stupid. It's like he has no defenses against this.
    Yeah it's like ESIs (who are usually pretty chill with people and not very excitable or easy to shake) and LSIs (who are generally really coherent and sensible) just can't "act normal" in these circumstances. ESIs just get this lightening-in-a-jar thing going on, and LSIs loose handle on their emotions. Pretty funny really, to see such self contained people show sign of lack of control.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    I'm reasonably direct about approaching people and talking, but I don't have the *ahem* weightiness to just jump on them.

One thing that could be a built-in* response to introverted aggression is that if I discover someone reasonably unobjectionable looking at me interestedly, then I have no qualms about going up and saying hi.

They have to be direct about it too though. If their interest is too ambiguous, or morphs into some variety of blank-faced, disinterested evasiveness when I chat to them, then I'm straight out of Compton. Ain't got the time or interest to *convince* people to be interested in me. *psht*

*Socionics rules all.
    Hear Hear!
    Blank faced evasiveness is not an effective method of maintaining my interest as well. I tend to view myself as the prize, which keeps me quite single.