Thread: Introverted Aggressors

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm looking for an ESI who is smart and attractive (which is pretty shallow, right? I know ,) and who lives in my zip code. Since I don't want to waste time with dating random people for months only to find they are SEI, I've been trying really hard to learn VI. I think I'm getting fairly good at it, for the most part. I might sometimes confuse some types and miss some ESI's, but generally, I think I'm getting closer.

So I arrive at this hotel that is close to one of my best customers (time to hammer out their future needs for the next year) late on Monday night and its entire lobby is being renovated and is a construction nightmare with drywall and heat lamps and ladders and plastic sheet but a receptionist is there and she can see me arrive through the front windows and doors and motions me to come in because they are open, which is good because it is very late and I made a reservation. She is blonde and not that friendly but nice enough, and very nicely dressed, and as she checks me in I'm thinking she looks like an ESI, so I ask her what she is studying (she was looking at a laptop when I arrived) and she says she's not studying, she's writing a book, and she has a Master's degree in writing.

It's late and I'm tired because I've been traveling for half the day and most of my filters are off so I say "And what can you do with a Master's degree in writing?", implying that she's headed for a life of frustration, debt and servitude, and she says she has six published books and is working on her next one.

And I blink and look closely at her and Yep She's an ESI. So while I'm contemplating my stupidity she goes on and says that she wishes she could hurry up the writing process because it takes so long to write a book and the advances are only like $10k. (My brother-in-law is a book publisher, and he told me the author gets one-third of the book's sale price plus the advance so yeah, it would be good to have this as passive income and would also be good to hurry up the process.) I think about this for two seconds and say, "Maybe you could have the plot outlines organized on a spreadsheet. That way, you could keep track of several books at once, and work on one or the other as inspiration strikes, and you could keep all the details of each plot straight.", because I know that task-switching is an efficiency killer.

And she looks at me and her face doesn't move but she's like falling in love with Te and says "Oh! That's a good idea" and hands me the key to my room and tells me where it is, and I can tell that even though she's doing everything normally, she's now thinking about me, and I'm thinking, Yep, Dual.

The next evening I get back from my customer earlier, 8PM (progress, but no contracts yet), and the regular girl is there (an LIE manager - I've stayed there before and she knows me) and she says "Good evening, Mr. Strange" and because I make an effort to be polite I ask her what is the name of the new girl and she tells me and says "She's new. She's my cousin. She's really nice."

And just as we're talking, the ESI comes in for the start of her night shift and the LIE manager kind of gasps and says "Just when I told you she was nice, she comes in looking like that", because the ESI is not dressed as she was last night, but now looks like she's going to do some of the construction work herself. And I think to myself, ESI's only care about who a person is, not their looks because looks fade, and she is dressed that way to test me to see if I still think she's nice, which I do, because she actually is nice. I asked the LIE manager "Do you guys talk a lot?" and she says "Yes, we get along great. We talk about everything. Our mothers are sisters, and they took turns raising us." So now I know that twenty minutes after I leave the lobby, the ESI will know everything about my history there, every conversation I've ever had with the LIE manager, and in thirty minutes the credit limits on my credit cards.

The next night negotiations go on late because tomorrow is the last day and they want stuff that has never existed before and some of it violates the laws of physics and is impossible and they don't know that and don't care. It's way after midnight when we stop, I look for my hotel room key and can't find it. I drive back to the hotel and call ahead to see if they can have a new key ready for me because I need to get to sleep fast and the ESI answers and says sure.

When I get there the place is absolutely deserted, except for the ESI working on her laptop behind the plastic sheets. She's wearing what looks like just her underwear. I go up to the desk and say "Do you normally work in your underwear?" and she looks up, smiles at me and says "The heat lamps for drying the drywall make it so hot in here!" Then she bounces up, runs around the corner of the lobby and in a heartbeat is back wearing a red track suit. I mean, she got dressed in like fifteen seconds. She hands me the room key, smiles, and says "Have a nice night." But I'm a zombie at this point and I return to my room and I do have a night before checking out the next morning, but not a particularly nice one.

She, of course, is not in my zip code and so is outside of my prospecting range, but she is definitely an introverted Aggressor.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I'm looking for an ESI who is smart and attractive (which is pretty shallow, right? I know ,) and who lives in my zip code. Since I don't want to waste time with dating random people for months only to find they are SEI, I've been trying really hard to learn VI. I think I'm getting fairly good at it, for the most part. I might sometimes confuse some types and miss some ESI's, but generally, I think I'm getting closer.

So I arrive at this hotel that is close to one of my best customers (time to hammer out their future needs for the next year) late on Monday night and its entire lobby is being renovated and is a construction nightmare with drywall and heat lamps and ladders and plastic sheet but a receptionist is there and she can see me arrive through the front windows and doors and motions me to come in because they are open, which is good because it is very late and I made a reservation. She is blonde and not that friendly but nice enough, and very nicely dressed, and as she checks me in I'm thinking she looks like an ESI, so I ask her what she is studying (she was looking at a laptop when I arrived) and she says she's not studying, she's writing a book, and she has a Master's degree in writing.

It's late and I'm tired because I've been traveling for half the day and most of my filters are off so I say "And what can you do with a Master's degree in writing?", implying that she's headed for a life of frustration, debt and servitude, and she says she has six published books and is working on her next one.

And I blink and look closely at her and Yep She's an ESI. So while I'm contemplating my stupidity she goes on and says that she wishes she could hurry up the writing process because it takes so long to write a book and the advances are only like $10k. (My brother-in-law is a book publisher, and he told me the author gets one-third of the book's sale price plus the advance so yeah, it would be good to have this as passive income and would also be good to hurry up the process.) I think about this for two seconds and say, "Maybe you could have the plot outlines organized on a spreadsheet. That way, you could keep track of several books at once, and work on one or the other as inspiration strikes, and you could keep all the details of each plot straight.", because I know that task-switching is an efficiency killer.

And she looks at me and her face doesn't move but she's like falling in love with Te and says "Oh! That's a good idea" and hands me the key to my room and tells me where it is, and I can tell that even though she's doing everything normally, she's now thinking about me, and I'm thinking, Yep, Dual.

The next evening I get back from my customer earlier, 8PM (progress, but no contracts yet), and the regular girl is there (an LIE manager - I've stayed there before and she knows me) and she says "Good evening, Mr. Strange" and because I make an effort to be polite I ask her what is the name of the new girl and she tells me and says "She's new. She's my cousin. She's really nice."

And just as we're talking, the ESI comes in for the start of her night shift and the LIE manager kind of gasps and says "Just when I told you she was nice, she comes in looking like that", because the ESI is not dressed as she was last night, but now looks like she's going to do some of the construction work herself. And I think to myself, ESI's only care about who a person is, not their looks because looks fade, and she is dressed that way to test me to see if I still think she's nice, which I do, because she actually is nice. I asked the LIE manager "Do you guys talk a lot?" and she says "Yes, we get along great. We talk about everything. Our mothers are sisters, and they took turns raising us." So now I know that twenty minutes after I leave the lobby, the ESI will know everything about my history there, every conversation I've ever had with the LIE manager, and in thirty minutes the credit limits on my credit cards.

The next night negotiations go on late because tomorrow is the last day and they want stuff that has never existed before and some of it violates the laws of physics and is impossible and they don't know that and don't care. It's way after midnight when we stop, I look for my hotel room key and can't find it. I drive back to the hotel and call ahead to see if they can have a new key ready for me because I need to get to sleep fast and the ESI answers and says sure.

When I get there the place is absolutely deserted, except for the ESI working on her laptop behind the plastic sheets. She's wearing what looks like just her underwear. I go up to the desk and say "Do you normally work in your underwear?" and she looks up, smiles at me and says "The heat lamps for drying the drywall make it so hot in here!" Then she bounces up, runs around the corner of the lobby and in a heartbeat is back wearing a red track suit. I mean, she got dressed in like fifteen seconds. She hands me the room key, smiles, and says "Have a nice night." But I'm a zombie at this point and I return to my room and I do have a night before checking out the next morning, but not a particularly nice one.

She, of course, is not in my zip code and so is outside of my prospecting range, but she is definitely an introverted Aggressor.

Interesting. Is this a chapter from a book you are writing?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Interesting. Is this a chapter from a book you are writing?
    Maybe.

Let me tell you about my experiences with IEI's......

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Maybe.

Let me tell you about my experiences with IEI's......
    You don't want to do that.

Not today anyway.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW