Thread: Introverted Aggressors

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it is with a Ni type - they project this certain vulnerability that I pick up on - and I act on it.

With this IEI at the moment - I will see him in the corridors and he will look timidly at me - then look away. I think to myself 'hey we know one another - if this was with any other person they would probably acknowledge them - so there must be something more than casual friendship and approach them with confidence that they are interested and express interest back to reassure them.

With an LIE - I would call him to meet up with me and he would say yes excitedly and then not show up. I think to myself ' well he seemed so keen - what changed' so I call him again and he is reassured that I want him around so he comes over.

I like interacting with aggressors too but eh it feels less special? and when they come at me I sorta want to retreat?

With an infantile I will do something caregiving and they sorta resist at first or get picky and I get pretty fed up straight away and angrily say 'well do you want it or not' - because I know I'm not going to overextend myself catering for them!

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shakealittle View Post
    If it is with a Ni type - they project this certain vulnerability that I pick up on - and I act on it.
    Strange. I've always though Aggressors pick on some "hard to get" aspect that Victims project. In my experience they don't really like vulnerability ....unless it's something momentary in the whole "symphony" of dating&co. Introverted Aggressors have this aura of solidity, they look very contained (and to a certain extent hard to approach themselves) and observe you for a long time before getting into "attack mode". They like more games of sexual tension than extroverted ones, who are fairly straightforward in their approach. With ES_Ps there's hardly anything unpredictable, you usually know from second 2 when they want to get you and they will just pursue you instinctively. It's as if they don't need to process much of the whole interaction, they just react to immediate stimuli.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    Strange. I've always though Aggressors pick on some "hard to get" aspect that Victims project. In my experience they don't really like vulnerability ....unless it's something momentary in the whole "symphony" of dating&co.
    That's very well worded, with the moments in the symphony of all of it.

Introverted Aggressors have this aura of solidity, they look very contained (and to a certain extent hard to approach themselves) and observe you for a long time before getting into "attack mode". They like more games of sexual tension than extroverted ones, who are fairly straightforward in their approach. With ES_Ps there's hardly anything unpredictable, you usually know from second 2 when they want to get you and they will just pursue you instinctively. It's as if they don't need to process much of the whole interaction, they just react to immediate stimuli.
    Oh yes the observing thing before attack mode fits very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    LSI most likely won't give a damn and just start interacting with their chosen partner as if they already agreed to be together. ESI will probably be more cat-like and draw things out longer to see if their partner meets their expections before closing in.
    Er that makes no sense for the LSI one. I dunno about ESI but the LSI one really doesn't fit in this way. You may be confusing it with the male SLE stereotype thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    In an online context:

---> the extrovert aggressor will show up in your private messages and be determined to talk to you
    ---> the introvert aggressor will seemingly be around wherever you post something

They are both very sure about their choice but the first can never be indirect. The second appears to be testing the waters even if they are already certain.
    Private messaging online hardly requires extraversion lol. I find the latter a bit too indirect unless you mean this only goes on for a short time like that before going direct.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Oh yes the observing thing before attack mode fits very much.

What does attack mode consist of? I am hearing both Overt and Discreet types of "aggression" as it relates to introverts in the thread.

I've had girls (who I later dated) ignore me for a long time and then make subtle attempts at a casual interaction. Is that aggression? A simple interaction as an attempt to break the ice?

Is it much different than SLE SEE and how so and do you believe an Se/Ti or Se/Fi act differently among subtypes? Thnx

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hatesyardwork View Post
    I've had girls (who I later dated) ignore me for a long time and then make subtle attempts at a casual interaction. Is that aggression? A simple interaction as an attempt to break the ice?
    It means she likes you, but she's still unsure and needs to observe you, a little intimidated, and doesn't want to appear as easy. It's not aggression in socionics interpretation.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    It means she likes you, but she's still unsure and needs to observe you, a little intimidated, and doesn't want to appear as easy. It's not aggression in socionics interpretation.
    Thanks, I understand they like you, I was just wondering if this falls under "aggressor" behavior because this seems as overt as it gets with the Se introverts with gender differences accounted.
    Reading the thread I am wondering why socionics ascribes the term aggressor to people who take zero initiative.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

What does attack mode consist of? I am hearing both Overt and Discreet types of "aggression" as it relates to introverts in the thread.

Is it much different than SLE SEE and how so and do you believe an Se/Ti or Se/Fi act differently among subtypes? Thnx
    No that's not aggression lol. That's just, attempt to break the ice. At least not entirely passive of course.

It's different from Se bases, yes. I called it "attack mode" because it's a distinct new phase and distinctly more active and decisive after the observation phase. I'm more direct than the subtle attempts thing you write about.

Whatever it consists of specifically depends on the situation. Give me a type of situation and I can say more.

Thanks, I understand they like you, I was just wondering if this falls under "aggressor" behavior because this seems as overt as it gets with the Se introverts with gender differences accounted.
    Reading the thread I am wondering why socionics ascribes the term aggressor to people who take zero initiative.
    Zero initiative - that's not me. I may want a signal first before I take initiative but in some cases not needed. With ESI-Fi's, I think it's more soft/subtle, if that's the type you were mainly thinking of.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I called it "attack mode" because it's a distinct new phase and distinctly more active and decisive after the observation phase. I'm more direct than the subtle attempts thing you write about.

Whatever it consists of specifically depends on the situation. Give me a type of situation and I can say more.

ESI Fi probably use a softer/subtle approach.
    A coworker who has been ignoring me that I have caught staring at me several times is moving in after ignoring and avoiding me for a year. She's everywhere suddenly......dropping comments when I am in earsthot and talking with people in my "clique" that she never spoke to before. Engages everyone but me, never makes eye contact, it's odd. I can tell she is trying to get me to interact subtly. . She was very rude to me the 2 times I interacted with her in the past so I never speak to her. Never done a thing to this woman. Suddenly she's a sweetheart. I don't understand any of her behavior. She's closing in.......or she hates me.
    Last edited by hatesyardwork; 03-09-2017 at 01:12 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A coworker who has been ignoring me that I have caught staring at me several times is moving in after ignoring and avoiding me for a year. She's everywhere suddenly......dropping comments when I am in earsthot and talking with people in my "clique" that she never spoke to before. Engages everyone but me, never makes eye contact, it's odd. I can tell she is trying to get me to interact subtly. . She was very rude to me the 2 times I interacted with her in the past so I never speak to her. Never done a thing to this woman. Suddenly she's a sweetheart. I don't understand any of her behavior. She's closing in.......or she hates me.

Lol.

Now, why would you think that?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I don't really get that sort of behaviour. Sounds like some Ethical type for sure. You think she might be your dual?