Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curious, analytical ESE or friendly, warm ILE??

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    You are both, don't need to be conflicted.

You are both a warm-hearted, nice and sensitive person and also a logical/rational scientist. They aren't opposites.

Are you more intellectual or more caring? It obviously depends on the context. Obviously since you are a human being you aren't going to sit idly by while an innocent is being tortured by evil. That sort of thing tends to inspire most people to take action, to unleash the hero within us all. But at the same time you want to leave people alone to grow on their own, to be smart enough to show emotional distance when appropriate and to help them learn lessons on their own. It really depends what you are talking about and dissecting yourself this way just seems pointless.
    In a big picture sense, I agree that both are integral parts of who I am. However, being that this is a Socionics board where I am interested in applying the system to my life and to others, I have to make parallels between my life patterns and the general foundations of the theory. I really want to know where I fit in this system (i.e., what type and subtype I am) and so this is why I am interested in all this stuff. If Socionics can shed some light as to how my brain processes information, I want to Investigate this and to fit this within this particular model system (even though I now that the system is certainly not the be all and end all of everything...after all, the map ain't the territory).

So you are absolutely right in terms of real world, holistic aspects. However, in terms of the model in general, certain aspects can seemingly be prioritized over others in order to pin down a specific Sociotype.
    Mike
    Enneagram: 6w7 so/sx (Tritype: 6w7/9w1/2w3 or 6w7/9w1/3w2)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK....a brand new video that discusses various aspects of this thread. Any insights after viewing this would be appreciated!

Mike

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE. No question.

There's an interesting effect that's probably in play here where parts of our personality other than our ego block functions can seem to us like bigger parts of our personality, just because we're so used to our ego block functions that we take them for granted. It's a bit like the effect pointed out in this xkcd comic: "Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit."
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So the person is enthusiastic?
    So the person is silly?
    So the person is funny?
    And the person's searching for New things possibilities, ideas, concepts?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the video (three posts above), can LII or IEE be considered as viable alternative options, or is it a matter of ESE and ILE being the only possibilities here?
    Mike

Banned
    TIM
    ENTp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikesilb View Post
    Based on the video (three posts above), can LII or IEE be considered as viable alternative options, or is it a matter of ESE and ILE being the only possibilities here?
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ive-Embrace-it!
    Last edited by griggerplease; 06-24-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was specifically aiming for a response that has the video above (or the thread above) in mind. I feel that my type is embedded in both the video and this thread, and I am starting to wonder whether LII can be seen here (since people have noticed strong Ti-ishness throughout the video/thread). I also want to consider IEE as well as another possibility that I have been playing with over the past month or so.

One more thing....is LII the type that would most often analyze and assess things from a wide range of angles/perspectives? This question is something that I have been thinking about a lot lately. I am beginning to wonder whether I mistakenly thought that ILE is my type when in fact it is LII (due to this constant 6-ish analytical quality).

Any thoughts?
    Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12