SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Try chili powder!
    Yes! Bring it on.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Yes! Bring it on.
    Are you in California yet? Look for the fruit vendors. Melon, pineapple, mango, coconut, chayote with lemon juice and chili powder...<3

As for salt, I don't use it much at all. I use a lot of pepper instead (on eggs, for example).
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireyed View Post
    I add salt to everything, even fruit. Anyone ever have salted watermelon? Omg so good.
    Dude you should try pickled watermelon rind. Not even joking, put it on a cracker with a slice of pickled ginger and some cream cheese, great little finger food. Had it at a hippie party a while back.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just ate some turnip. I ate two bites and threw it away. The beet was ok.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Saberstorm, You need to go to cooking classes. You will get ideas for new foods to try and you can get suggestions for low sodium seasonings. And you will meet people who like to cook, and might want to cook for YOU.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    @Saberstorm, You need to go to cooking classes. You will get ideas for new foods to try and you can get suggestions for low sodium seasonings. And you will meet people who like to cook, and might want to cook for YOU.
    That sounds like a good idea! I will try that in a few months, when I have a better apartment.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    She considered the POSSIBILITY of him taking it seriously. She's , that's what they do.

Let's recap: What do types do? They are crazy, that's what they do.
    thank you mind reader!

I was just going to respond "It doesn't matter what I thought, it matters what HE (and anyone else who might be reading) might think!"

that's also why I said "slight" point. (knowing it was a tongue-in-cheek suggestion)
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I add salt to everything, even fruit. Anyone ever have salted watermelon? Omg so good.
    yumm! my big weakness is salted dark chocolate...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I just ate some turnip. I ate two bites and threw it away. The beet was ok.
    OMG u are totally going overboard... it really doesn't need to be that bad!!

though I like turnip (and beet!).

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you do to turnips to make them tasty? (besides salt them!) I thought the turnip sucked. I grated it and put it on some spinach. It was very bland.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Park Starfall is right. And cantaloupe tastes soooo good with salt. Salt even makes honeydew worth eating. (Sorry Saberstorm.)

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Food generally taste better properly seasoned, and salt is one of the basic seasonings. You're better off being on pills imo...^_^

Other option is to eat less in general.
    That sounds like a good idea! I will try that in a few months, when I have a better apartment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    @Park Starfall is right. And cantaloupe tastes soooo good with salt. Salt even makes honeydew worth eating. (Sorry Saberstorm.)
    Trolls Detected.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    Trolls Detected.
    how so?

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Dude you should try pickled watermelon rind. Not even joking, put it on a cracker with a slice of pickled ginger and some cream cheese, great little finger food. Had it at a hippie party a while back.

btw am i the only one who can go without salt in my spice rack? i mean i go seasoning crazy on everything i cook, but not salt... there's just so many other delicious, natura herbs and spices!
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

the only time i ever really use salt is when i'm baking and it calls for it. i don't use it out of the shaker. i'm pretty seasoning crazy too.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I only use salt in every meal I have, so I think I'm prejudiced towards sugar and pepper and really don't have a say in this. Nah, kidding, I don't. Heh.

I can sell some salt to anyone though for a really low price.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get some Himalayan sea salt or other nice sea salt. Himalayan salt has more of other minerals and thus less sodium while still enhancing flavor. Also I discovered today that Hibiscus really lowers my blood pressure: I brewed some Hibiscus tea and feel kinda drunk and sleepy because I made it so strong by accidental first concoction. Shit would put me to sleep if I drank one more glass. In connection with that I remember trying the homeade agua frescas at my local Mexican hole in the wall. The red one (which I now recognize to be hibiscus) always made feel kinda drunk or super relaxed too. Some research has shown around a 7 point drop in blood pressure from drinking it regularly.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

idk who you live with but beg them to support you. I love to eat healthy but the people around me really don't, and it's sad because they will complain how 'unhealthy and fat-ass americans are' but will do nothing themselves to change it. we are social creatures of habit, the first person that eats the processed powdered donut you see most people cave in.

having people that support you on eating better or whatever special diet your doctor is putting you on, it's a pretty valuable thing. The technical stuff you're supposed to do isn't really the hard part. idk im sure some people will be like 'you do everything yourself no matter the temptations' but nah you need the right social support. if you live alone well i guess ignore this advice because then really only you are in the way and maybe well, you just posted this cause you wanted more cheerleaders.

sam, running off to get his pom poms.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

by cooking your own food
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I have been on a microwave only diet for about 5 years! Crap!
    You deserve your fate.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What do you do to turnips to make them tasty? (besides salt them!) I thought the turnip sucked. I grated it and put it on some spinach. It was very bland.
    Bake them. http://sixburnersue.com/cooking-fres...rnip-plate.jpg

http://sixburnersue.com/cooking-fres...-iron-skillet/

You can make all sorts of things in a nice size cast iron pan...even use it to roast a chicken
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salt is flavour, but it's very strong and so outflavours other things. It also absorbs and holds water. If you cut out salt completely you will notice that you do not hold water and go to the toilet VERY frequently. Some people have to have a sodium free diet because they get water retention severley... which means their body has difficulty disposing of excess water if they have salt.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Salt helps the body to retain water...

In some places in the desert people will eat it to help retain water
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Replace the salt in your saltshaker with sugar. You'll keep sprinkling, but you won't get as much salt.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am still on my microwave diet. I cook some spaghetti just to detox for a while.

Ate two whole bags of pizza rolls today, one bag for breakfast and one bag for supper. Also ate some shrimp in a Cajun dive bar.

I am controlling my blood pressure with herbs.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why people like salt so much. I'm okay with a little, but I'm more interested in tangy, spicy and savory flavors. Give me sage, horseradish, sumac and capsaicin.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salt is one flavor element...get tons of salt free herb/spices and stop eating out. "two whole bags of pizza rolls today" Those are loaded with salt. Rule of thumb...frozen foods are salty as fuck to preserve them longer and cover shitty ingredients. Eating a raw turnip or beet with no (healthy) dip or dressing is pretty boring and your taste buds will want for stimulation just like quitting smoking....Throwing beets in a nice blender with some fruit to make a smoothie is a good way to get dietary nitrates which lower bp... You really need some help with a healthier lifestyle if your blood pressure is that bad and if your avatar is you, your obviously overweight. Throwing drugs and herbs at it are bandaids on an ulcer. Exercise, better diet, not smoking and not sitting on your ass are keys to lowering that BP. Beware that caffeine can raise your BP especially if you have lots of coffee. Your Dr. probably may have mentioned these but didn't think you would do it and gave you a salt restriction diet to beat around the bush...Try shopping at whole foods or a local co-op as there prepared foods are a better (in nutrition and taste) if you choose the high vegetable/fruit/whole grain/beans options. Avoid the pizza bingeing. This website is a good repository of quick clear info. http://nutritionfacts.org/index.php?s=blood+pressure Joining a crossfit gym is cliche and perhaps clique douchey but they are almost everywhere now and have good motivators and tools for exercise and nutrition. I don't advocate paleo but they eat healthier overall and they have access to nice meal provider companies that are fresh and healthy.
    Last edited by jughead; 09-20-2013 at 01:28 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12