Thread: How to turn a bad day around?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    My friend's girlfriend's aunt's weird Austrian boyfriend Gerhardt used to ingest his own semen once a week, "for medicinal purposes." We pestered him about it to get to the bottom of his interest in this goofy activity and finally made him admit he only did it because he liked it.
    I don't think it matters what excuse one would have for that, that is not something anyone should ever tell other people.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rarely ever have what I'd categorically call a "bad day." The trick for me is to see life in full color: don't think in black-or-white terms. Don't let isolated negative events color your whole day. Each day is a diverse banquet of various experiences, but sometimes we'll tend to let a few consecutive instances of bad luck glom together in our mind as one monolothic overlay of suckitude. Try to let isolated instances remain discrete little events; a handful of many that fill your day.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    I don't think it matters what excuse one would have for that, that is not something anyone should ever tell other people.
    Then I would be short one less strange anecdote to share. Now that I think about it, I wonder whether Gerhardt ever tried jenkem.