Thread: Removing Myself from the EII Roster

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what your type is, but here are some thoughts from and EII perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    While I would not consider myself a "mean" person, I am judgmental, somewhat cold, and prone to verbally bitch-slapping people who piss me off.

At home, I am very confrontational and stubborn, willing to argue at length if I believe I'm right;
    I can relate to these and I'm the subtype of EII that's supposed to suck even more at Se than the rest. Having Se as polr doesn't necessarily make one a timid pushover, though that may happen. At least with me, the overuse of the function is actually quite typical. I may act too confrontationally/aggressively if someone's trying to compel me, especially with people I know well already, such as family members. With strangers I'm more prone to withdrawal.

As most of you know, I've never been able to fully reconcile my very territorial and possessive nature with Se-PoLR, nor my focus on power dynamics (primarily in ensuring that no one gains power over me, be it through withholding info on my weaknesses or trying to grab some kind of dominance in an opposite-gender friendship).
    Funny, I've always sort of blamed my Se polr for my territorial and possessive nature. I'm also neurotic about the idea of someone having power over me, and you could say I have a principle to never let anyone dominate me, even over the smallest things. If someone orders me to e.g. get the trash out right away I probably won't because I'm afraid they'll think they can control me.The ESIs I know seem to be much more laid back about these things; if the issue is not important they don't really mind bossed around. I've thought this could be due to them feeling confident about defending themselves when the situation is different.

But yeah, maybe this is more related to the Sp-instinct than Se.

And now for something that is perhaps a bit more blatantly on-theory. I've heard various EIIs talk about how they're more forgiving of people who offend; IIRC, they tend to kind of overlook and move on, or they choose to forgive. Never been that way that I can recall. What I didn't realize is that this is a product of the interaction between Fi and Ne. Fi + Ne focuses on the potential within people, so Delta NFs tend to focus on the good that is in people or that could develop within someone if given the chance. I'm not that forgiving. Offend me sufficiently, and you're a bastard, and good luck changing my mind on that; do it enough times, and you get written off. I mentioned elsewhere how I'll easily label someone an idiot, a bitch, etc if they really get on my nerves. (Sadly, PerC does not allow for those kind of attacks.) Apparently, this is more in line with Fi+Se values.
    I've noticed this too. ESIs seem to be quicker to judge people and more inclined to hold grudges compared to EIIs. I'm forever understanding and willing to talk things over, sometimes maybe too much so, and it makes it difficult to leave people that as a bad influence behind sometimes. I think Fi-EIIs are closer to ESIs on this matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    I can relate to these and I'm the subtype of EII that's supposed to suck even more at Se than the rest. Having Se as polr doesn't necessarily make one a timid pushover, though that may happen. At least with me, the overuse of the function is actually quite typical. I may act too confrontationally/aggressively if someone's trying to compel me, especially with people I know well already, such as family members. With strangers I'm more prone to withdrawal.
    I think it probably doesn't help that I was raised under controlling parents; this has probably made me particularly hypersensitive.

Funny, I've always sort of blamed my Se polr for my territorial and possessive nature. I'm also neurotic about the idea of someone having power over me, and you could say I have a principle to never let anyone dominate me, even over the smallest things. If someone orders me to e.g. get the trash out right away I probably won't because I'm afraid they'll think they can control me.The ESIs I know seem to be much more laid back about these things; if the issue is not important they don't really mind bossed around. I've thought this could be due to them feeling confident about defending themselves when the situation is different.
    That's a fair idea to consider. Though in my case, I resist being controlled but am happy to steer others.

But yeah, maybe this is more related to the Sp-instinct than Se.
    The instincts are... weird to me, mostly because I have difficulty identifying primarily with any of them. I would have thought myself SP, but I am not proactive in taking care of myself and have long held a fear that I couldn't if I tried; this sounds more SP-last, in some ways. Likewise, I'm not the risk-taking, "balls to the wall" (to quote an old friend) sort implied by SX-primary, but I gravitate toward energetic and intense connections with the few people I feel really "get" me. And I don't entirely understand SO.

I've noticed this too. ESIs seem to be quicker to judge people and more inclined to hold grudges compared to EIIs. I'm forever understanding and willing to talk things over, sometimes maybe too much so, and it makes it difficult to leave people that as a bad influence behind sometimes. I think Fi-EIIs are closer to ESIs on this matter.
    I think Fi-sub was a common typing for me.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.