Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
This whole thing sounds E6 as a mofo to me
CP 6 also I guess. By that logic though, if I would type myself based on my enneagram, LII or ILI would make more sense for me as well. Had to look long and hard into that one to see how I turned around to be the quadra I actually liked the least initially. I still don't like how the descriptions of delta focuses so much on production and work on sites such as wikisocion, but I now have a better understanding why it is this way. I suppose failure to also mention what production and work really means more than in a broader sense is also a weakness, since production and work is not just limited to the work-sphere.

Anyway, I would be careful to ascribe enneagram-related behavior to socionics. It just becomes confusing. I definitely think there can be overlap and that enneagram plays a vital role in helping us to find our sociotype, especially when it comes to more unlikely match-ups such as mine, but the motivations are entirely different and this is perhaps not always easy to recognize without long and hard personal introspection sessions. I for example read some description of a famous actor the other day, I think it was Marlon Brando, who was typed by the author as an LIE with absolute certainty to booth. However, what really struck me was how the description Marlon Brando didn't sound so LIE as much as it sounded sp 8 to me to the point it was eerily uncanny. Whether Marlon Brando is an sp 8 or not I do not know as I haven't looked into his type at all, but I thought it was one of those typical examples where two entirely different systems overlap nonetheless *snickers*

Of course, when it overlaps, it's rather easy to type yourself because it tends to strengthen the "stereotype" aspects of your character as to make it more recognizeable based off the type descriptions one reads on the internet and elsewhere as they too tend to be rather stereotype, but when the types are contrary it sure as hell becomes confusing at times. I know