Thread: Keeping secrets within relationships

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

*Hides a gift under the bed and pretends it's not there* that's about the extent of my secret keeping.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    *Hides a gift under the bed and pretends it's not there* that's about the extent of my secret keeping.
    What do you think about white lies?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've gotten trouble with people before for talking about their weaknesses in stories. When I become an author I become God, because writing is my superhero and I sorta have to keep my own narcissism in check.

The way to handle me is that you have to tell me if something is going to hurt your feelings or not because I can be sorta bad at that and only focused on my own pain. I might think it's something you have to toughen up about (usually about homosexuality since that is my superpower) but maybe that's just me being an asshole.

Oh well. It's my teeth and I'm going to use it when necessary but I don't want to hurt people I care about with it.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i have this vantage point where we all can talk about our secrets/emotional issues honestly and nobody gets hurt bullied for it but that's just unrealistic. i wish we live in a world we could be honest about that 24/7 though but that just creates a narcissist ruler who takes advantage over everybody. i have the perception of love, of weaknesses being protected.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    What do you think about white lies?
    I don't like any lies; my mother, ILI, is infamous for white lies; I like other than the lie or excentuating another aspect as to detract attention; I don't understand why people can't tell the truth and especially why they are in environments where others make it impossible for them to be honest. Just say what you're doing or feeling; my mother says "just tell them something else." Are you kidding mom? No. I don't want to go because I want to relax; I've worked hard all week and not going to make an excuse that I feel so great. "But they'll find it offensive." Too bad, let them grow up and face reality because it's an obvious fact of reality that people get tired. "Just tell them you have to go somewhere else." She plays politics all the time, differ, buffer, steer, move, detract. It's all silly ridiculous untruthful lies.

This is why she loves me so god damn much, because she knows that while she can do this stuff with ease, I can't for the life of me so she trusts me. LOL

example?

uhum...."that's a good idea!" instead of "no" or "yes" as a lie, because it is a good idea, and it doesn't say that you will commit
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html