Thread: Attraction to types from opposite quadra instead of dual?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    FINALLY someone acknowledging the superiority of ILE.
    IEIs like ILEs, too. Until they don't.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    IEIs like ILEs, too. Until they don't.
    I mean how hard would it be to keep them around?

Couldn't I just take random objects and hit them occasionally? Isn't that what victims like?
    Or do I have to do it every time I see them?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I mean how hard would it be to keep them around?

Couldn't I just take random objects and hit them occasionally? Isn't that what victims like?
    Or do I have to do it every time I see them?
    I've seen at least three IEI-ILE pairs together and then break up after a few years. The only IEI who would talk about it said that her ILE husband didn't believe in educating women. (She had a PhD in AstroPhysics, but she was working as a housewife.) The debate came up when it was time to send their daughter to college. Or not. The ILE thought it would be a waste of money to educate a woman. The IEI divorced the ILE and left with her daughter.

The IEI is now heading a tech company that is doing very well. Her daughter is in grad school. Lol.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen at least three IEI-ILE pairs together and then break up after a few years. The only IEI who would talk about it said that her ILE husband didn't believe in educating women. (She had a PhD in AstroPhysics, but she was working as a housewife.) The debate came up when it was time to send their daughter to college. Or not. The ILE thought it would be a waste of money to educate a woman. The IEI divorced the ILE and left with her daughter.

The IEI is now heading a tech company that is doing very well. Lol.
    Ah well, I don't think it's uncommon for narrow-minded people to associate sterotypes like that to entire genders. I've noticed my mother(SEE) would also try to emphasize the difference between Women and Men(along with Russia, her home country, and the US), and then impose her own personality onto those things. I'd also say that it's usually pretty comfortable for an ILE to take complete "intellectual control", and get frustrated when people who they don't see as equals(maybe because of sterotypes or that they have "bad reasoning") don't take their advice and command. Or maybe I say that as a D subtype, idk enough ILE's to confirm that.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ah well, I don't think it's uncommon for narrow-minded people to associate sterotypes like that to entire genders. I've noticed my mother(SEE) would also try to emphasize the difference between Women and Men(along with Russia, her home country, and the US), and then impose her own personality onto those things. I'd also say that it's usually pretty comfortable for an ILE to take complete "intellectual control", and get frustrated when people who they don't see as equals(maybe because of sterotypes or that they have "bad reasoning") don't take their advice and command. Or maybe I say that as a D subtype, idk enough ILE's to confirm that.
    My sample size was three couples, and I only debriefed one.

I typically find that ILEs are extremely liberal in their views. However, they might be unconsciously expecting a Caregiver SEI rather than a Victim IEI. The SEI will typically be a caring mother, while the IEI will typically take a more hands-off approach to her kids. At least, that's what I've seen. Again, from a very small sample size.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sample size was three couples, and I only debriefed one.

I typically find that ILEs are extremely liberal in their views. However, they might be unconsciously expecting a Caregiver SEI rather than a Victim IEI. The SEI will typically be a caring mother, while the IEI will typically take a more hands-off approach to her kids. At least, that's what I've seen. Again, from a very small sample size.
    Have you found SEI's to be more liberal or conservative?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I only know a few SEIs, and I don't get close enough to them to learn their politics. Except one, and she seems liberal, but I could be wrong. She's married to an Air Force ESE.

TIM
    LIE sx8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think pretty much every Alpha I've met seems to be vaguely liberal-aligned. They don't necessarily have to call themselves liberals, but they have a sense of progressivism that completely rules out conventional conservatism.