Thread: Instinct workshop notes sp,so,sx

Threaded View

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmm not necessarily external struggles, although that makes sense in the context as well. what i was referring to was more of an internal struggle (if not interpersonal) where you don't feel like... you already have everything at once, you know? like there's still something to be achieved, something to be experienced/known/felt. idk how to describe it. in the most basic sense, it's having a slant, a direction, where you're moving to, like for instance striving for a elusive sense of "becoming" one but never really reaching that point (because it's impossible). but that sort of struggle to be closer and closer keeps driving you and moving the relationship forward. (does that make sense?) unless, of course, the sense of ~mystery~ is gone, or the spark is extinguished, and you just want to gtfo. i'm not even sure what i'm saying and part of this may be influenced by my current life circumstances so take this with a grain of salt. when i say "struggle", i don't mean conflict although conflict can often help the relationship grow sometimes and sometimes like galen says, it's a set-up for disaster. what i mean is this almost adolescent drive to seek out newness in your partner, the feeling that there's still something to discover, when they still have the ability to surprise you. i guess with the right person it just clicks and you keep finding reasons to be intrigued and inspired, so it doesn't need to be manufactured or artificial. i'll rationalize my inability to stay in relationships by saying at a certain point they just stopped intriguing my fancy, and i gave up. i got bored. it did nothing for me. break up, move on. at this point i'm just talking about myself but feel free to frame this in typological terms.
    Last edited by Radio; 12-16-2012 at 07:53 PM.