View Poll Results: What is your instinct stacking?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • sp/sx

22 23.16%
  • sx/sp

26 27.37%
  • so/sx

11 11.58%
  • sx/so

16 16.84%
  • sp/so

11 11.58%
  • so/sp

3 3.16%
  • not certain or don't know

6 6.32%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: +Instinctual Variant Survey

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I type her as Fi-EII. 9w8 seems right, but sx/sp doesn't. So > Sx seems more like it.
    In that case do you think she compares to the Soc/sx 9w8 people on that list? And if not, why?

Edit: (Like Sandra Bullock for ex)

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    In that case do you think she compares to the Soc/sx 9w8 people on that list? And if not, why?
    From those typings in the list, the ones I can believe at E9 So/Sx are Adam Sandler, Dave Grohl, Shaun White, and maybe Christina Perri. Dan Avidan of internet fame is likely the same. Their countenance seem very different from Jewel, regardless of them all being XXXp to Jewel's XXXj. More of a direct engagement with their interlocutors.

If you want a better sense of how I think Sx/Sp 9s look, check out Paul Giamatti.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is a mystery to me how you can possibly tell me what my instinct stacking is without knowing anything about me or my life. Sociotype perhaps and maybe even e-type. But not instinct stackings. Sorry.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    It is a mystery to me how you can possibly tell me what my instinct stacking is without knowing anything about me or my life. Sociotype perhaps and maybe even e-type. But not instinct stackings. Sorry.
    Why not?
    Last edited by Galen; 07-16-2014 at 05:19 AM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    Haha, I may retake it too since it's been damn near two months. I didn't link the 27 subtypes chart but I have seen it plenty of times.
    k, took it and thankfully it calculated for me or I would have had to kill u. Pretty good test since there were fresh questions I hadn't already seen a dozen times.

SX 96
    SP 68
    SO 47

Mentally I visualize these numbers as some kinda warped staircase I am climbing.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I think many people's gravitation towards sx/sp had to do with misconceptions about what it means to be social and what it means to be sexual. I even mistyped as that once upon a time, lol. I think it's natural for people to gravitate towards sexual first and social last especially in the beginning. It's the most common way I see people type themselves online. Not sure if people find it the coolest though but I could see it. The whole broody, romantic, intense, passionate, sexual, yaddayadda.

sx 66%
    so 54%
    sp 26%

I think the tests can be skewed by being a certain type (like 4s may score higher on sx, 5's with sp, etc). And the score is just based off of what the test maker assigned to those instincts which seem pretty simplistic. A lot of the social questions seem better suited for so/sp than so/sx. I've never scored as so/sx on any of these tests but I could still be one and the results could be influenced by whatever core type I am, you know?

Here's another instinctual test for those interested that I haven't seen posted here. It gives you 36 situations and three responses towards them and you get to rank each response by 0-3. I still don't get so/sx though but you guys may be interested in it.

Last results from it: Sx: 88, SO: 47, SP: 39
    Thanks for sharing, valuable information.
    The last test gave me Sx(73)/Sp(70) but there is no way I am Sx first.

I also tried the enneagram test on the same site, again got 4w5, well 47 for 4 and 46 for 5...
    So I am either 45X or 54X.
    What is your enneatype Olly?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    k, took it and thankfully it calculated for me or I would have had to kill u. Pretty good test since there were fresh questions I hadn't already seen a dozen times.

SX 96
    SP 68
    SO 47

Mentally I visualize these numbers as some kinda warped staircase I am climbing.
    Retook it:

SX- 88
    SP- 42
    SO- 50

The SX questions seemed more 4 and 7ish though and SO also seemed more SO/SP than SO/SX to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Thanks for sharing, valuable information.
    The last test gave me Sx(73)/Sp(70) but there is no way I am Sx first.

I also tried the enneagram test on the same site, again got 4w5, well 47 for 4 and 46 for 5...
    So I am either 45X or 54X.
    What is your enneatype Olly?
    Yeah, it may be the bias of the questions. SX seems to have elements of 4 in it such as creativity, originality, unqiueness, etc. I'm not too sure of my enneatype but I used to identify as 4w3. Have you read about the SP 4 subtype?

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Yeah, it may be the bias of the questions. SX seems to have elements of 4 in it such as creativity, originality, unqiueness, etc. I'm not too sure of my enneatype but I used to identify as 4w3. Have you read about the SP 4 subtype?
    Ohhh awesome link. I might be 4w5 for good...
    "The Self-Preservation Four is the countertype of the Four subtypes, and so it may be difficult to identify this person as a Four."

Creepy-male

Sexual ||||||||||||||||||||| 62%
    Social |||||||||||| 38%
    Self Preservation |||||||||||| 38%

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

+1. That's exactly why I don't dare to type anyone's instinct stacking over the internet .

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Omg stahp it, it's so cruel, why you people even type other people on TYPOLOGY forum. That's so inhumane ;[[[

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, instincts are very internal... It's not abt personality traits it's about inner, instinctual preoccupation. It doesn't show on the surface so readily.
    Last edited by Ron Mexican; 07-17-2014 at 12:18 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From those typings in the list, the ones I can believe at E9 So/Sx are Adam Sandler, Dave Grohl, Shaun White, and maybe Christina Perri. Dan Avidan of internet fame is likely the same. Their countenance seem very different from Jewel, regardless of them all being XXXp to Jewel's XXXj. More of a direct engagement with their interlocutors.

If you want a better sense of how I think Sx/Sp 9s look, check out Paul Giamatti.
    I think 1w9 for him.
    And you probably won't agree with these typings, but he's curiously similar to the exemplars in the 1w9 sx sp list in this thread:
    http://personalitycafe.com/type-1-fo...e-1-video.html

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    +1. That's exactly why I don't dare to type anyone's instinct stacking over the internet .
    Yeah, it's a bit easier doing this offline for numerous reasons but hey, weren't you trying to tell me why I wasn't sx/so though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    Omg stahp it, it's so cruel, why you people even type other people on TYPOLOGY forum. That's so inhumane ;[[[

I agree, instincts are very internal... It's not abt personality traits it's about inner, instinctual preoccupation. It doesn't show on the surface so readily.
    Yeah, instinctual preoccupation is a good way to put it. You think it doesn't show on the surface so readily? That makes sense but perhaps the secondary is sometimes more visible to others than the primary since we're less self-conscious and exploratory with that? I hear we may use it more in conversation.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, instinctual preoccupation is a good way to put it. You think it doesn't show on the surface so readily? That makes sense but perhaps the secondary is sometimes more visible to others than the primary since we're less self-conscious and exploratory with that? I hear we may use it more in conversation.
    I think it can show in live interaction/observation more, but definitely not off text interactions...

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it can def show in text.

i.e. so has a more "airy" flavor, anything so-last is more "closed."

you can also see it in volume of text and what people are driven to reveal, or when they choose to engage, etc.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post

you can also see it in volume of text and what people are driven to reveal, or when they choose to engage, etc.
    I think positive outlook E types are more airy. And Fe users can be seen as revealing and engaging, that doesn't mean they can't still be so-last.
    I think it's just abt what a person pays attention to - not how they act.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think positive outlook E types are more airy. And Fe users can be seen as revealing and engaging, that doesn't mean they can't still be so-last.
    I think it's just abt what a person pays attention to - not how they act.
    the airiness I meant is something in the quality of the texture of speech, not content.

agree.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think 1w9 for him.
    And you probably won't agree with these typings, but he's curiously similar to the exemplars in the 1w9 sx sp list in this thread:
    http://personalitycafe.com/type-1-fo...e-1-video.html
    I don't see a real resemblance b/w him and any of the 1w9 sx/sps on that list. He has nowhere near the same rigidness in presentation as any sort of E1.

The only Sx E1 I've typed is Ken Watanabe. Compared with Giamatti they both have similar styles of emotional reactivity and fidgetiness, but Watanabe's countenance is a lot stiffer and self-controller than Giamatti's.

Dude's also a spitting image of the aforementioned Sx 9 friend, not like that's relevant to you though.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think it can show in live interaction/observation more, but definitely not off text interactions...
    if it doesn't show in VI (as you seem to think), it shows in the kinds of topics you approach as well as in general interaction with folks (intensity, groundedness, bellicosity etc.).
    Last edited by Amber; 07-17-2014 at 02:15 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    if it doesn't show in VI (as you seem to think), it shows in the kinds of topics you approach as well as in general interaction with folks (intensity, groundededness, bellicosity etc.).
    If you mean VI as in pictures, then no that's not what I meant. I meant observing a person irl or at least on video and how they interact and what their affect is like.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see a real resemblance b/w him and any of the 1w9 sx/sps on that list. He has nowhere near the same rigidness in presentation as any sort of E1.

The only Sx E1 I've typed is Ken Watanabe. Compared with Giamatti they both have similar styles of emotional reactivity and fidgetiness, but Watanabe's countenance is a lot stiffer and self-controller than Giamatti's.

Dude's also a spitting image of the aforementioned Sx 9 friend, not like that's relevant to you though.
    I just don't get a nine vibe from the Giamatti guy
    Here's all the people listed as 9w1 sx sp in the same link: http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-fo...e-9-video.html
    none of them come off as self controlled and rigid and "tight" as that guy.

9w1 sx/sp Eric Clapton
    9w1 sx/sp Audrey Hepburn
    9w1 sx/sp Mira Sorvino
    9w1 sx/sp Sophie Marceau
    9w1 sx/sp Carl Jung
    9w1 sx/sp Norah Jones
    9w1 sx/sp Vanessa Carlton
    9w1 sx/sp Michelle Branch
    9w1 sx/sp Kate Beckinsale
    9w1 sx/sp J K Rowling
    9w1 sx/sp Aimee Mann
    9w1 sx/sp Yoko Ono
    9w1 sx/sp Anjelica Huston
    9w1 sx/sp Fran Healy
    9w1 sx/sp Richard Ashcroft
    9w1 sx/sp Cat Stevens
    9w1 sx/sp Bela Tarr
    9w1 sx/sp Feist
    9w1 sx/sp James Taylor
    9w1 sx/sp Oksana Grigorieva
    9w1 sx/sp Charlotte Gainsbourg
    9w1 sx/sp Mikhail Tal
    9w1 sx/sp Rory Gallagher
    9w1 sx/sp Sandy Denny
    9w1 sx/sp Jackson Browne
    9w1 sx/sp Ramses Shaffy

Ken Watanabe comes off more like 1w2 (going along with the thesis that he's e one - I haven't analyzed him enough to be sure myself)
    and the Paul guy as 1w9.
    My brother is 1w9 and through getting to know him you see that past the 9 wing's apparent calmness or withdrawn-ness is a calculating, exacting, high standard having critical core.
    I get the same vibe from this guy as my bro a bit.

Anyway, at this point we can go back and forth all day on celebrity typing disagreements, but I just wanted feedback to see if my mind on Sx 9 would be changed. Just wanted to challenge my own view. I appreciate the feedback!

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't get a nine vibe from the Giamatti guy
    Here's all the people listed as 9w1 sx sp in the same link: http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-fo...e-9-video.html
    none of them come off as self controlled and rigid and "tight" as that guy.
    Probably because that list is crap. Not sure what you see as "tight" in any case. Giamatti comes off as pretty lively to me.

Anyway, at this point we can go back and forth all day on celebrity typing disagreements, but I just wanted feedback to see if my mind on Sx 9 would be changed. Just wanted to challenge my own view. I appreciate the feedback!
    Does this mean nothing's changed then?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this mean nothing's changed then?
    yep

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's a bit easier doing this offline for numerous reasons but hey, weren't you trying to tell me why I wasn't sx/so though?
    Ummmm....yeah That was just the impression I got from talking with you. Forget about it

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post

I agree with lemontrees on this very much actually, it's just that it can quickly become a slippery slope especially in people who have stackings in similar ratios or none particularly stands out.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i am still trying to get an idea of instinct stackings.

in that test i was high in sx and equal on so and sp. in real life i feel like i used to be more social than i am now.

i feel that being social is kind of a distraction, but it can be useful. and i consider myself to get backlogged with sp things.

sp seems like something i have to deal with minimally to be reasonably comfortable and not think about though. like if i
    don't have money then i feel ilke i can't do anything even i know that's not true

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    i am still trying to get an idea of instinct stackings.

in that test i was high in sx and equal on so and sp. in real life i feel like i used to be more social than i am now.

i feel that being social is kind of a distraction, but it can be useful. and i consider myself to get backlogged with sp things.

sp seems like something i have to deal with minimally to be reasonably comfortable and not think about though. like if i
    don't have money then i feel ilke i can't do anything even i know that's not true
    For example merc here is a perfect example of a difficult kind of person to type So many different, conflicting information and impressions

For the record, I think you're so first.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

For example merc here is a perfect example of a difficult kind of person to type So many different, conflicting information and impressions

For the record, I think you're so first.
    Yeah so do I. so/sx. Because that's what I decided ages ago. And I can social, but I can also not be social. And if I say I'm not very social, then I can not relate/connect well.

That said I don't like being part of groups, I like being on my own, and connecting with others but not for too long. And I like trying to keep a little social balanced, but I'm not

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    Yeah so do I. so/sx. Because that's what I decided ages ago. And I can social, but I can also not be social. And if I say I'm not very social, then I can not relate/connect well.

That said I don't like being part of groups, I like being on my own, and connecting with others but not for too long. And I like trying to keep a little social balanced, but I'm not
    Yeah, being social doesn't necessarily mean you have to be sociable or anything. You're just preoccupied with the social. This can still manifest as being antisocial, having social anxiety, being misanthropic, being a loner, etc, even more so because you're preoccupied with the social. It doesn't have to manifest as being outgoing, sociable, warm and liking groups.

Also, I'm leaning towards so/sx for myself (for now) and never score as anything but sx/so even on a paid instinctual test (the results weren't close either). I think maybe a lot of social questions are better suited for So/Sp types or at least one's core enneatype can skew the results. Like 5s may score higher on SP, 4s on SX, 3s on SO, etc.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who came up with this syn-flow and contra-flow stuff? I've seen it a lot but never dabbled with it but seems a bit interesting or perhaps good for trying to get someone's stack down.

Syn-flow: sp → so → sx → sp
    Stackings involved: sp/so → so/sx → sx/sp → sp/so
    Direction: Compelled toward people. Acting upon and with others as a born insider i.e.- deeply human.

Contra-flow: sp → sx → so → sp
    Stackings involved: sp/sx → sx/so → so/sp → sp/sx
    Direction: Compelled against people. Seething belligerent outsiders; 'antisocial', provoking, reverse-flow change catalysts. In some profound sense, rejecting the human condition, their own and/or that of others.

The two flows move in the opposite directions. This antithesis can be seen if the instinctual stackings are compared in pairs:

so/sx - including, associating, affiliating, networking, incorporating, interconnecting, introducing, unifying, linking, bonding, annexing, cooperating, receiving
    sx/so - excluding, eliminating, dividing, separating, contradicting, subverting, confronting, rebuffing, ridiculing, challenging, interrupting, reforming, rupturing

sx/sp - intensifying, escalating, rising, surging, enlivening, invigorating, accelerating, stimulating, energizing, vitalizing, reviving, animating, inspiriting
    sp/sx - dulling, calming, quieting, grounding, descending, lowering, dampening, numbing, desensitizing, exhausting, deadening, extinguishing, making still

sp/so - conserving, protecting, maintaining, preserving, supplying, repairing, sustaining, stewarding
    so/sp - utilizing, employing, implementing, expending, exercising, spending, capitalizing, expropriating
    Where did you get these from?

@Galen, you know I respect your thoughts regarding enneagram. What are your thoughts on these?

@silke, out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on these?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Where did you get these from?

@Galen, you know I respect your thoughts regarding enneagram. What are your thoughts on these?

@silke, out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on these?
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tual-Stackings

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Single word descriptors tend to not do much for me, regardless of how many single words there may be. They're too prone to confirmation bias and cherry-picking.

I still don't know if I buy the syn-flow/contra-flow dichotomy. The descriptions sound more like someone in the syn-flow talking shit about people he doesn't like.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

But Galen didn't use the same frame when he listed his facial composites...?
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ace-Composites

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    But Galen didn't use the same frame when he listed his facial composites...?
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ace-Composites
    I believe that was Silke's doing. All I did was make the composites and post them; she organized them like that. Don't know why that article is listed under my name, probably because I did most of the heavy lifting.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, being social doesn't necessarily mean you have to be sociable or anything. You're just preoccupied with the social.
    Exactly

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I can see where I can be a combination of all of these but only in short bursts of energy, before returning to my secret lair. I do appear sx/so, at times, but I don't think my motivations line up with the motivations of sx/so but someone suggested I look at it anyway.

The different descriptions is where it seems to get confusing because yeah I may come off as that sometimes but it is not my driving force to be social. Maybe I just juggle the position of sp and so to suit my needs. I feel more aware of my self than the descriptions suggest but that may have come from experience and spiritual practices I adhere to.

I don't think I am sx/so or sp/sx even though I do have magic in my head... I tend to bring things into my reality when I am driven to and I don't just sit around fantasizing. If I really want it,I risk it all to have it sometimes. Heh, it's all about wanting people to take action if they want to do something and not just dream about it except when I don't really want that action imposed on me. Then I become a victim of the fires I started and the only option sometimes is to run.

sx/sp
    Motivation: to know the heart, reconcile inner conflict, form a secure union.
    This is perhaps the most internally conflicted of the stackings, and potentially the most inconsistent in behavior. This may occur as a blockage of the sexual instinct which can be redirected as a more generally brooding and troubled personality. They may isolate themselves for long periods of time before reemerging. They live according to a strictly personal outlook and are not particularly concerned with the approval of others outside of their immediate concern. They seem to be searching for something, the missing piece. If they find a soulmate they will unite without fanfare, forming a secret bond, dealing with formalities as an afterthought. Powerful sexual impulses facing inner resistance may manifest symbolically in the psyche, giving way to soulful interpretations of the unconscious. Under periods of stress severe sexual tensions may manifest as erratic, impulsively destructive behavior. Can seem restless, torn between the comforts of a stable home life and the urge to wander. May be prone to self-medicating.
    • Expression: intense, self-absorbed expression
    • Energy: intense energy expressed calmly, steadily, assertively
    • Behavior: intense, assertive, troubled and self absorbed
    • Mindset: "If I can make (us) have an orderly & pleasing lifestyle, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."
    • Blind spot: Likely to neglect their desire to maintain physical saftey, comfort, and an orderly lifestyle for the sake of their primary concern of seeking intense connections and experiences, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the need to connect in a broader sense with the world, of a sense of security or in groups or of the need to seek it, or even of the need to foster approval, support, and understanding of themselves within groups they are connected with, often causing misunderstandings with allies, supporters, friends, and family members.

sx/so
    Motivation: to impact others, question assumptions, challenge convention.
    This is the type that exudes the most raw charisma and sexual energy. They may identify so strongly with whatever they're involved with that they often become the symbol of its core essence, and sometimes its lead agent for change. Hardly content with the status quo, this sub-variant seeks to alter the fundamental structure of something while at once embodying it's purest or most extreme form. Possibly attracted to radical views on politics, philosophy, spirituality or creativity that reflect their penchant for testing boundaries. They enjoy pushing other's buttons, especially those resistant to their modes of expression. It's not uncommon for them to have a pet social, political or spiritual cause which they're able to support with heartfelt conviction. May exploit and seek to redefine sexuality to reflect their own colorful and uncertain understanding of it. While prone to exhibitionism, they are strongly attracted to grounding influences which can anchor them and provide stability. Failure to satisfy an especially intense desire for connection may cause this sub-variant to spite others at the risk of jeopardizing the need for an equal, stabilizing force. Can feel pulled between wanting a life of maximum intensity and reassuring episodes of peaceful convention.
    • Expression: intense, outer-focused
    • Energy: intense energy expressed outwards, assertively
    • Behavior: intense, assertive, sultry and aggressive
    • Mindset: "If I can maintain position and inclusion in the group/world, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."
    • Blind spot: Likely to neglect their desire to build their sense of personal value, accomplishment, and security of place with others for the sake of their primary concern of seeking intense connections and experiences, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the body's need for food or sleep, or of the need to accumulate wealth for reasons of security, or of the need to manage time or resources to establish an orderly lifestyle.

sp/sx
    Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.
    These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are quietly intense, but to others may seem oblivious to the greater social world around them, instead favoring personal interests. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other's condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant's surface formality. Somewhat hesitant to enter new relationships, they instead preserve the select few enduring bonds they carefully form along the way. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.
    • Expression: wistful self-absorbed expression, sighing, magic is in their head
    • Energy: calm, steady energy expressed intensely, withdrawing
    • Behavior: withdrawn, calm, wistful and self absorbed
    • Mindset: "I can have merging/intensity without having to leave my orderly & pleasing lifestyle." (imagination, safe people and relationships, when the safety of these are challenged they withdraw)
    • Blind spot: Likely to neglect their desire to seek intense connections and experiences for the sake of their primary concern of maintaining physical saftey, comfort, and an orderly lifestyle, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the need to connect in a broader sense with the world, of a sense of security or in groups or of the need to seek it, or even of the need to foster approval, support, and understanding of themselves within groups they are connected with, often causing misunderstandings with allies, supporters, friends, and family members.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I can see where I can be a combination of all of these but only in short bursts of energy, before returning to my secret lair. I do appear sx/so, at times, but I don't think my motivations line up with the motivations of sx/so but someone suggested I look at it anyway.

The different descriptions is where it seems to get confusing because yeah I may come off as that sometimes but it is not my driving force to be social. Maybe I just juggle the position of sp and so to suit my needs. I feel more aware of my self than the descriptions suggest but that may have come from experience and spiritual practices I adhere to.

I don't think I am sx/so or sp/sx even though I do have magic in my head... I tend to bring things into my reality when I am driven to and I don't just sit around fantasizing. If I really want it,I risk it all to have it sometimes. Heh, it's all about wanting people to take action if they want to do something and not just dream about it except when I don't really want that action imposed on me. Then I become a victim of the fires I started and the only option sometimes is to run.
    Aylen, as I said before, I'm pretty pretty sure you're sx/sp

@Aylen, to explain: I can see so blind spot in you - you seem kinda in your own world, more self-absorbed, like in your own magical bubble, intensly connecting with things that interest you but at the same time kinda not well aware on your impact/standing in a vaster group dynamics - I hope I explained this somehow understandably

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Aylen, as I said before, I'm pretty pretty sure you're sx/sp
    Yeah, but it is always interesting to get someone else's perspective isn't it...

It's because the instincts seem to be truly hidden sometimes beneath a need to express something in the moment that to some looks like the description of sx/so but I think the most telling difference for me is this:

Motivation: to know the heart, reconcile inner conflict, form a secure union.
    >>>

this

Motivation: to impact others, question assumptions, challenge convention.
    Which is often a byproduct of my motivations and not the goal...sts. It is not that I want to impact or challenge others but it does happen. I am not as concerned with the impact I have on those I do not have a bond with or could form a bond with. If that makes any sense.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@darya

Yes.

We were saying the same thing at the same time...

YWIMW

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast