View Poll Results: Richard Feynman's type?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

4 57.14%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

1 14.29%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 14.29%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

1 14.29%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Richard Feynman

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then maybe IEI, if it seems likely VS cognition. Pretty sure he wasn't LIE, not only due to VI but the overall demenanor he gives.

Addendum: Yeah. I see it now. He was IEI-Fe. Thanks @godslave

Interesting that he collaborated with his conflictor (Von Neumann) to create the Atomic Bomb.
    Then, the angel asked her what her name was. She said: "I have none"

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then maybe, Von Neumann maybe was LSI-Ti (Thinking now).

So they were activity, and I take some issue about these guys being typed LIE because it is kind of an unethical thing to create an atomic bomb, and it's more fitting for Betas than Gammas to be involved in this sort of thing.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More evidence:

-LIE-Ni's are not usually into math (in the case of supposed type for Feynman)
    -LIE's would be willing to create a destruction device such as an atomic bomb, but only if in the grand scheme of things, it would be justified of it would have some use that would trump the bad act (Like Ozymandias in the movie Watchmen, although this guy was pretty evil, but that's how a LIE-Ni would probably go about it)

-LIE-Te (in the case of Von Neumann) wouldn't be very into physics either because Physics is a Beta thing mostly (Due to it's correlation with beta -Se). My physics professor at university was LSI-Se.
    -LIE-Te are not likely to say this : "If you say why not bomb them tomorrow, I say why not today? If you say today at five o' clock, I say why not one o' clock?" Due to them being defensive gammas types and not "trigger happy".

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems a 7w6. A LIE-Ni 7w6 is this:

Compare:

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    He seems a 7w6. A LIE-Ni 7w6 is this:

Compare:

they look kind of similar to me

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    Something very logic about him:
    While he had quirky charisma he was quite inexpressive. Tried to give very matter of fact answers although he had bit goofy mode.

Something very Fi seeking about him:
    Deeply valued getting into relationships but not so great at doing it.

Something very Ne/Ni about him:
    His active imagination. He loved to overcome challenges. He was also quite unaware things around him and loved to test things in unusual ways.
    This all applies to me as well. ...Am I LIE now? Maybe this is NT type characteristic in general.

The only exception, I don't talk that much... and when it comes to work... it's a matter how somebody defines what can considered to be work.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then maybe IEI, if it seems likely VS cognition. Pretty sure he wasn't LIE, not only due to VI but the overall demenanor he gives.

Addendum: Yeah. I see it now. He was IEI-Fe. Thanks @godslave

Interesting that he collaborated with his conflictor (Von Neumann) to create the Atomic Bomb.
    Really? Where is the point that Te is his PoLR function?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Really? Where is the point that Te is his PoLR function?
    Why not? Math is not Te.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not? Math is not Te.
    But physics is Te, yes? I would think you'd need both Te and Ti to understand physics, but maybe you have a different idea about this.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    This all applies to me as well. ...Am I LIE now? Maybe this is NT type characteristic in general.

The only exception, I don't talk that much... and when it comes to work... it's a matter how somebody defines what can considered to be work.
    Umm.. Maybe for LIE. I'm just referring to things that can be observed. The Ej temperament; For instance he had depressive episodes that were not natural up and downs. Steady work kept him functional. So there's nothing NT about that.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
    But physics is Te, yes? I would think you'd need both Te and Ti to understand physics, but maybe you have a different idea about this.
    My understanding (could be wrong thought) is that physics is beta se (-Se). I used to think math was alpha Ti, but if Feynman was IEI, I guess it can be beta Ti too (reason I thought he was EIE-Ni at first, since with his role function EIE-Ni can be a good mathematician--I had a math teacher that was EIE-Ni). But LSI(even LSI-Se) often is good with calculus.

Perhaps to calculate is more beta Ti, and actual theorems and dichotomous logic is alpha Ti.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by get R View Post
    they look kind of similar to me
    Very different vibe/energy.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lavos they come from different eras so of course the vibe is different

Hakuna Matata and the cycle of Samsara godslave's Avatar
    TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm.. Maybe for LIE. I'm just referring to things that can be observed. The Ej temperament; For instance he had depressive episodes that were not natural up and downs. Steady work kept him functional. So there's nothing NT about that.
    Interesting ! I think that any form of depression can touch any type, regardless of whether that type is rational or irrational (Shizothyme/Cyclothyme). Bipolar disorder for instance (which as we know includes depressive episodes) can touch any type despite ( and until proven) what the socionics rational/irrational seems to imply. There are a lot of NTs who suffered from depression esp in research field. I bet that a lot of the folks who worked on the Manhattan project have had an encounter with depression and/or burnout because of the pression and stress. Note that mental health diseases often comes with one or several comorbid mental health issues.

I read that people with IQ>130 ( I'm not a fan of IQ !!) are prone to mental health issues. A lot of famous scientists and so called geniuses of history have been diagnosed (post mortem !!) with mental issues. I didn't find a serious study about that only speculations and array of presemptions.

Here is one of those articles about geniuses and mental illness (it's interesting and yet meh) I think there are some NTs in the list :

https://historycollection.com/these-...-the-world/14/

This article is meh because it is based on Mensa members (I'm not a fan of Mensa because I'm not a fan of IQ )

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...y-intelligent/

Anyway sorry for the digression !

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    Interesting ! I think that any form of depression can touch any type, regardless of whether that type is rational or irrational (Shizothyme/Cyclothyme). Bipolar disorder for instance (which as we know include depressive episodes) can touch any type despite ( and until proven) what the socionics rational/irrational seems to imply. There are a lot of NTs who suffered from depression esp in research field. I bet that a lot of the folks who worked on the Manhattan project have had an encounter with depression and/or burnout because of the pression and stress. Note mental health diseases often comes with one or several comorbid mental health issues.

I read that people with IQ>130 ( I'm not a fan of IQ !!) are prone to mental health issues. A lot of famous scientists and so called geniuses of history have been diagnosed (post mortem !!) with mental issues. I didn't find a serious study about that only speculations and array of presemptions.

This article is meh because it is based on Mensa members (I'm not a fan of Mensa because I'm not a fan of IQ )

Here is one of those articles about geniuses and mental illness (it's interesting and yet meh) I think there are some NTs in the list :

Feynman was one of the atom bomb designers and lost his wife . That's something. He was nearly forced to be on a plane that dropped a bomb. So...
    In any case the thing that I point is that steady types are probably clearly affected by their ups and downs. So called distinct episodes.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feynman was one of the atom bomb designers and lost his wife . That's something. He was nearly forced to be on a plane that dropped a bomb. So...
    In any case the thing that I point is that steady types are probably clearly affected by their ups and downs. So called distinct episodes.
    I mean, people also just like diagnosing smart, successful, etc. people with mental health issues when they can't object to it. "Sure, I'm stupid and miserable and poor, but at least I'm not crrrrrrrazy!" No, you're just jealous of people who are better than you.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI? What? A world-renowned theoretical physicist has Te PoLr and Ti HA of the Fe (!) subtype because he smiles? Vultology is arbitrary.

As for OP: obvious ILE is obvious.

Interesting ! I think that any form of depression can touch any type, regardless of whether that type is rational or irrational (Shizothyme/Cyclothyme). Bipolar disorder for instance (which as we know includes depressive episodes) can touch any type despite ( and until proven) what the socionics rational/irrational seems to imply. There are a lot of NTs who suffered from depression esp in research field. I bet that a lot of the folks who worked on the Manhattan project have had an encounter with depression and/or burnout because of the pression and stress. Note that mental health diseases often comes with one or several comorbid mental health issues.

His IQ is actually famously known for being quite low for a physicist (especially given his intellectual acumen), scoring around 125, the average for a PhD being around 130.

TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dahomey View Post
    His IQ is actually famously known for being quite low for a physicist (especially given his intellectual acumen), scoring around 125, the average for a PhD being around 130.

Well I guess everything is relative...

" 2 x 1 = ? "

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dahomey View Post
    IEI? What? A world-renowned theoretical physicist has Te PoLr and Ti HA of the Fe (!) subtype because he smiles? Vultology is arbitrary.

As for OP: obvious ILE is obvious.

My VI skills are not very sharp right now. I should have seen it, but I kinda see it now that he was ILE-Ti. I was just pretty sure he wasn't LIE.

BTW, VI =/= Vultology. VI is just seeing the underlying pattern that is unequivocal and tells the person's type (and a single picture sometimes suffices).

TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My VI skills are not very sharp right now. I should have seen it, but I kinda see it now that he was ILE-Ti. I was just pretty sure he wasn't LIE.

WARNING : DANGER ZONE !!! Biscuit's Avatar
    TIM
    INFT
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relax guys
    Souls know their way back home

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disclaimer: the original user of "my typing skills are not very sharp" is Godslave. Wanted to mention it but I guess everyone knows already. I hesitated whether to use it it not, but apparently it has copyright so, I'll just come up with my own and say "my VI ability is rusty". How'd you like that Godslave?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So anyway; my VI ability is rusty. It used to be better (it comes and goes due some reason) but right now I'm not in my prime.

TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disclaimer: the original user of "my typing skills are not very sharp" is Godslave. Wanted to mention it but I guess everyone knows already. I hesitated whether to use it it not, but apparently it has copyright so, I'll just come up with my own and say "my VI ability is rusty". How'd you like that Godslave?
    I was joking ! Please don't take my jokes seriously ahahah ! There is no copyright ! It's cool ahahaha !

TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too deep View Post
    Im with copyright on the phone he said he is not happy

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was joking ! Please don't take my jokes seriously ahahah ! There is no copyright ! It's cool ahahaha !
    That's good to know.. I for a moment thought you were being serious and/or strangely confrontational for an EII who is also E9.

No problem, man.

TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's good to know.. I for a moment thought you were being serious and/or strangely confrontational for an EII who is also E9.

No problem, man.
    Thanks for the Typing btw !
    Lack is the Muse of all Poets

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lavos he V.I-s more like an SLE now to me..lol

If we're using Model A function signs, ILEs are more.. I guess intense in their Fe-expression (due to Fe+)? Beta STs are more mellow* (the way they come off) in my experience (Fe-) / *that's my impression of him from watching his talks on youtube

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    IEI
    Ah, you've never typed anyone that before! How could I ever have expected this? I also love your extensive reasoning provided! Every last point of your argument is well-thought-out and supported with plentiful details!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12