Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    I'll be officially homeless in less than a month. I don't have much property, but I'm thinking about selling/giving away most of my clothes, books etc anyway and living with that money for a while. It doesn't bother me, because I've really grown to hate junk in the past few years and kind of like the idea of being able to put all my belongings into a backpack and move/travel anywhere at a very short notice.
    I have mixed feelings towards the idea of finding a new home.. On one hand it would make life less stressful, and the winter is coming and I have my studies here so I have to stay in the city quite a lot anyway. But on the other hand, rental contracts are usually made for one year at least and that feels too restrictive. I know I'll want to do my internships abroad, go on exchange and travel as much as possible. I have sent an application to a foundation for student housing, but I don't really know why - if my rent was more than 300e per month I wouldn't be able to afford food, bus tickets etc, and in this area even the cheapest student flats are around 450-500e.

My plan so far is basically to not think about this issue and wait for a miracle.

Agarina, sounds like maybe your judiciousness regarding this situation may be making an appearance. But I'm sure that if a time comes when you must mobilize yourself, you'll be able to.

What is it that we really need? Shelter from the elements (weather, harmful others, clothing, etc), food & water, a place to sleep. Comfort can be found in the oddest places, and amongst friends, new & old, ....and sponge baths.
    And, you've already some experience with what to expect based on the road trip portion you took this summer, right? And the stories you'll have to tell!!

Please take care of yourself, and keep those of us who are concerned for ya, keep us informed once in a while. (Else we'd have to harrass @Aquagraph to seek you out...and I'm sure he'd get you into all sorts of undesired troubles. )

Oh, and if you do the snow igloo thingie...pics!!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Agarina, sounds like maybe your judiciousness regarding this situation may be making an appearance. But I'm sure that if a time comes when you must mobilize yourself, you'll be able to.

What is it that we really need? Shelter from the elements (weather, harmful others, clothing, etc), food & water, a place to sleep. Comfort can be found in the oddest places, and amongst friends, new & old, ....and sponge baths.
    And, you've already some experience with what to expect based on the road trip portion you took this summer, right? And the stories you'll have to tell!!

Please take care of yourself, and keep those of us who are concerned for ya, keep us informed once in a while. (Else we'd have to harrass @Aquagraph to seek you out...and I'm sure he'd get you into all sorts of undesired troubles. )

Oh, and if you do the snow igloo thingie...pics!!
    Yeah, things will have to work out eventually, one way or another.

Luckily I can store whatever stuff I need at my parents' place, and also spend the night there every now and then, take showers etc. I can't stand their power plays and strict pointless rules though, and having had to spend extended periods of time in the same space with them has always resulted uglily. But we'll see.

Otherwise I don't really have a clue what to do though. The idea of ever being able to get a job, let alone carry it out or keep it feels pretty utopistic, not only because of the external conditions, but also my social anxiety and lack of ability to manage practical affairs. I might have to quit my studies so I can get welfare money & be able to afford an apartment, food etc. I'd rather not do that as I enjoy my studies and would like to get the degree as well, but it's starting to look like I have no choice.. If the climate was only nicer I'd be more than happy to live in a tent.

/ pointless whining
    Last edited by willekeurig; 11-30-2012 at 07:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari