Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Enneagram behaviors that correlate to the functions

Hybrid View

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I'm still waiting on that enneagram subforum. Chop chop.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's pretty stupid that you guys are pigeonholing him into E6. He really isn't acting like one. I agree he's probably not an 8 but I think you guys are both quick to label people 6, and it's not just him being paranoid, because you are both going about it in a belittling, arrogant way that obviously isn't going to produce any results. I would suggest you both shut up.

@Ashton @Galen

Oh btw DJ, they tried to pin me as a 6 in a similarly bullshit fashion a while back, so don't take it personally; they are just reacting to your non-8-ness and giving their default alternative typing of E6 without really thinking or bothering to ask you questions. I would just ignore them if I were you, because it's not going to stop.
    @DJ Arendee
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I think it's pretty stupid that you guys are pigeonholing him into E6. He really isn't acting like one. I agree he's probably not an 8 but I think you guys are both quick to label people 6, and it's not just him being paranoid, because you are both going about it in a belittling, arrogant way that obviously isn't going to produce any results. I would suggest you both shut up.

@Ashton @Galen
    I don't see myself as quick to type people E6. I started off trying to explain my position in a rational way, as you've seen in other threads, but his stubbornness and endless nonsensical reductionism gets frustrating real quick.

Oh btw DJ, they tried to pin me as a 6 in a similarly bullshit fashion a while back, so don't take it personally; they are just reacting to your non-8-ness and giving their default alternative typing of E6 without really thinking or bothering to ask you questions. I would just ignore them if I were you, because it's not going to stop.
    @DJ Arendee
    *They*? I don't recall me ever typing you as a 6. I think Ashton humored it for a bit, but that's about it.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I don't see myself as quick to type people E6. I started off trying to explain my position in a rational way, as you've seen in other threads, but his stubbornness and endless nonsensical reductionism gets frustrating real quick.
    Eh idk it just seems like a typing that gets thrown around thoughtlessly. I remember you typing Ezra as a 6, too.

*They*? I don't recall me ever typing you as a 6. I think Ashton humored it for a bit, but that's about it.
    Oh my bad. No offense but you're kind of an extension of Ashton in my mind.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh idk it just seems like a typing that gets thrown around thoughtlessly. I remember you typing Ezra as a 6, too.
    I wasn't even around when Ezra was posting (?)

Oh my bad. No offense but you're kind of an extension of Ashton in my mind.
    Yes, I can tell.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't even around when Ezra was posting (?)
    Really? I could swear...huh.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways. DJ if you study E3 I think you will probably find a closer fit for your Etype, which includes most of the things you seem to like about yourself and see in E8 descriptions, but it might also take a little self-humbling.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just one more note about 6s and anxiety:

Anxiety does not have to be a debilitating state of mind. I know for lots of people with clinical anxiety it can be a psychologically painful and traumatic experience, but this is a separate condition from how it exists as a base-line for E6. I find that in my case, anxiety is more a call to action than a "run away" instinct. Anxiety is never caused by "nothing," and for the same token it's not caused by "everything." Anxiety to me is a dissatisfaction with the status quo, envisioning shit that could go wrong in the future, and it creates a hunger that pushes me to ensure that all the negative possibilities don't come to fruition. This doesn't mean I'm sitting in a corner in a cold sweat with shaky hands and shifty eyes, trying to ward off the demons before they get to me in a paranoid bout of schizophrenia. It means I'm putting myself out there and doing things, proving to myself that I can create my own destiny and finding within myself real strength and courage for when actual problems come up. Fear does not necessitate cowardice.

I have a story to accompany this, maybe I'll write it down.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Holly molly and goodness gracious I'm going to enter this thread again(?), soonish.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If enneagram was heritable, I would be a gut type...my parents are 1 and 8. I tend to think it's more of a melting pot of more basic genetic traits and how they interact with our experiences.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Interesting… I can't do that very well.

I imagine it'd be like trying to rationally force myself to believe in religion—which'd give me a sensation of feeling physically hollow, like a fugue state of being dissipatedly unsure of one's ontic bearing, where everything feels a perpetual 6 inches out of reach even if you're touching or pounding on them… then at some point I'd snap back with misery, and anger, because I just can't override the intrinsic visceral balking I sense towards things I don't believe.
    It's pretty similar to what you're describing, yeah. I can't speak with any great authority on this, but I'd imagine that a good chunk of religious or political (or perhaps socionics ) zealots fall somewhere in the E6 line, where they might force themselves to believing in a religion because it provides for them a faulty sense of self-control. Like they sort of decide in their heads that "X is good, do X and you'll be fine" (see also: Attachment triad), and they just roll with it unaware of how deeply ingrained they've become with something that isn't really themselves. Healthier E6s won't fall prey to this mindset as much if at all.

Umm… I don't wanna mess up what you're doing if you've got a good thing going for yourself, but it does make me wonder if you're using your head/thoughts to suppress and overpower other inputs (desires/feelings/etc), and if this is necessarily a good thing?

Because that control you sense isn't illusory—it's quite real. You are making choices at all times in every moment (even when implicitly choosing to not make a choice).
    Well sure, but it's not conducive to forwarding what I really want; often times it's more to prove a point to myself. What I'm describing is an unhealthy state of mind and ideally I wouldn't do it at all, although I could easily see myself morph into this over time if life turns out to be a giant pile of shit for me.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I demand DJA accepts my type of him or else I'll keep posting in his threads declaring my pidgeonholed rationale until he does.

The bigger the capitals of the text and the more derogatory my posts the more convincing my position will be and the more obviously deficient everyone else will be when they don't accept my diagnosis of their psychosis!

Accept my navel gazing grandeur.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll ask again since no one answered my question.
    @Gilly @Ashton

Did you guys learn enneagram from typewatch?
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Gilly @Ashton

Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Gilly @Ashton

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answer in the thread where everyone can see you fucking pussy.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Answer in the thread where everyone can see you fucking pussy.
    What the fuck is your problem?

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ashton

I ask you a question and you answer in the chatbox. Sounds pretty evasive to me. Are you evasive? or are you going to face me like the strong mighty 8 you are?

Thor vs Loki. Lets see who wins this one.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ashton

I ask you a question and you answer in the chatbox. Sounds pretty evasive to me. Are you evasive? or are you going to face me like the strong mighty 8 you are?
    Do you seriously not notice how often you project intentions onto people? It's really fucking stupid, cut it.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*comment removed*

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ashton

Thor vs Loki. Lets see who wins this one.
    he probably saw you on the chatbox and thought it easier to answer you there?......... why make a big deal out of it...

I see you as SLE-Ti 6w7. fwiw

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    he probably saw you on the chatbox and thought it easier to answer you there?......... why make a big deal out of it...

I see you as SLE-Ti 6w7. fwiw
    I don't buy it. He's an 8, or so he tells us. He's going to want to meet my challenge isn't he?

Or has he given up.

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't buy it. He's an 8, or so he tells us. He's going to want to meet my challenge isn't he?

Or has he given up.
    ..^ this is too embarassing. i'm blushing for you..

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or has he given up.
    You're a fucking moron.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, I answered in cbox right after I saw it, figured you'd see my response there and reply. Since you didn't, I was going to post… but then I saw you posted the same question twice again like a brat, so I didn't.
    You're still evading. Post your response to my question in this thread, then lets continue the debate.

Don't act like my friend, don't make any evasive maneuvers like, "I like this guy" or give me compliments. Either you man up and stand up for your opinion or you concede that you're wrong.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton
    Ashton Today 09:20 PM
    no I am not from typewatch
    Because you are worming away from showing all of the information in the same dialogue.

What the fuck is your problem?
    Why are you hunting Snaps and DJA around the forum? aka. What the fuck is your problem?

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, one of DJA's ginger cohorts is coming to his rescue ↑
    This is good. As it stands I have challenged ashton's opinion and he has parted the end of the line so that it is confusing and weak to understand so he can escape. A smoke bomb.

It would be much easier for all of us if you just said, "ok I'm wrong" instead of redirect all the focus of this thread to invisiblejim, who is starting to sniff out your bullshit just as much as I am.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Gilly @Ashton

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DJ is now on ignore, and will remain there until he decides to remove his head from his own ass.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DJ is now on ignore, and will remain there until he decides to remove his head from his own ass.
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, one of DJA's ginger cohorts is coming to his rescue ↑
    It's not my fault you are using sleight of hand.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya'll aren't being honest with me. Otherwise you'd have no problem answering my questions without evasion.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I know why ezra left. He was harassed, argued, and ran out of steam because everyone else ran him in circles as he tried to catch them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123