Quote Originally Posted by squirreltual View Post
I was talking about avoiding personal inner conflict i.e. guilt, shame, self-punishment etc. Can you elaborate on how are you linking this with the external world and isolation please? I'd take external conflict over internal any day and have no wish to isolate myself.
I think external conflict and internal conflict are related, as well as internal and external peace. There is a popular quote from the Dali lama that says external peace is a reflection of internal peace. Likewise I would surmise that internal conflict is a reflection of external problems. Guilt for example can originate from consequences of ones action, where as without the action or consequences there would be little conflict.

One could for example choose to forgo guilt through conditioning themselves to be indifferent to such consequence, this may emotionally isolate themselves. Further they could physically avoid deciding or acting, eliminating the entire predicament but isolating themselves from the experience.

Idk if you still don't see what I mean its hard for me to think of a better way to explain it.