Thread: In Praise of ESIs

Hybrid View

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    ESI is the strangest type of the socion imo. Is it because they are my quasi or is it because they really are strange? I don't know. But there's somethig about them, they are like ALIENS!!
    What is the communication like to you? I do not think Quasi understand each other all that well... (unless I'm much more ILI instead)

I'm frequently told that I'm 'too serious' when I'm just being myself.
    Says I look mad sometimes when I'm happy and content... wtf.
    if I think too hard or long about something, she assumes I'm depressed.
    She doesn't care about how stuff works and finds it annoying if I try and 'explain' anything.
    Seems to believe my social skills are poor because I don't like using them, rather than that I might find it uncomfortable to change my emotional states somewhat spontaneously.
    Believes my desire for secrecy of thought is just paranoia (it is not that simple).

Strangely, she is really nice to me and I find her comfortable to be around and I am naturally nice to her. We like each other and get along really well when doing something we both enjoy, but we don't seem to understand one another.
    good bye

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post
    What is the communication like to you? I do not think Quasi understand each other all that well... (unless I'm much more ILI instead)
    It's like the descriptions say: Similar interests but they express everything in a language that is foreign for each other. I've also been thinking about how strange it is to have someone demonstrate my base function and vice versa. Where Si for me is conscious, always possible to re-evaluate, dwell on, create something new, no standards apply, then Si for them is like "here I'll provide it for you and nothing to discuss, period"

I've also noticed that suggestive Te in ESI makes me use Te polr to correct them, I notice their mistakes. Which makes me irritated and stressed, or at least very self-conscious. Before I knew socionics it might have made me feel that I am good at my PoLR.

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    It's like the descriptions say: Similar interests but they express everything in a language that is foreign for each other. I've also been thinking about how strange it is to have someone demonstrate my base function and vice versa. Where Si for me is conscious, always possible to re-evaluate, dwell on, create something new, no standards apply, then Si for them is like "here I'll provide it for you and nothing to discuss, period"

I've also noticed that suggestive Te in ESI makes me use Te polr to correct them, I notice their mistakes. Which makes me irritated and stressed, or at least very self-conscious. Before I knew socionics it might have made me feel that I am good at my PoLR.
    do you mean physically create something? And ESIs put not thought behind actually providing Si? I'm a lil confused.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    do you mean physically create something? And ESIs put not thought behind actually providing Si? I'm a lil confused.
    They do put a lot of thought into it, but it's not something that they enjoy discussing about if someone has a different opinion on how to go about it (imho).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    They do put a lot of thought into it, but it's not something that they enjoy discussing about if someone has a different opinion on how to go about it (imho).
    but what exactly are we talking about?....decorating? pillow fluffing? being a caregiver?

Like. I really appreciate music, and quiet environments and food.
    Idk any SEI (Except really...really Fe ones who take pics of food alll day and post it to their FB pages).

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    but what exactly are we talking about?....decorating? pillow fluffing? being a caregiver?

Like. I really appreciate music, and quiet environments and food.
    Yes, exactly that. which LIEs tipcally won t bother doing by themselves.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit