Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Define a socionics term briefly

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post
    Stop replying to my posts with your antagonistic bullshit and I'll stop calling you an asshole. You challenged me first dipshit.

This

wasn't even directly aimed at you, but the fact that everyone is so god damn vague and anyone who provides lots of information gets chewed out. It's stupid and it's annoying.
    Put him on ignore. He trolls forums for fun.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

wasn't even directly aimed at you, but the fact that everyone is so god damn vague and anyone who provides lots of information gets chewed out. It's stupid and it's annoying.
    oh, i'm not being vague on purpose. lots of information is more likely to be vague than less information though. a lot of the time using a lot of words is just a way to cover up bullshit. in your case i have trouble figuring out what you're saying a lot but i think you're sincere.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    okay. supplying reasons for what? actions supply reasons for what works? odd wording.
    The wording doesn't matter. Te is not supposed to be without reason and that gives it a coherency, a dynamic, causal one. It is primordially thinking, which implies reason.

nah, its something you see and feel. idk what you mean by "implied abstraction."
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/222050.html
    Meaning

To understand what is happening in changing circumstances and to be able to anticipate the future.

Origin

The weather or windward side is the side from which the wind blows. For sailors, huntsmen and farmers knowing where the windward was at any time was obviously important, and it isn't difficult to see why 'knowing which way the wind blows' came to be synonymous with skill and understanding.

The figurative sense of 'the way the wind blows', i.e. meaning the tide of opinion, was in use by the early 19th century. In November 1819, The Times published an advert for a forthcoming book - The Political House that Jack Built, which was said to be "A straw - thrown up to show which way the wind blows".

Bob Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues, 1965, encouraged the young to make their own decisions with the lines:

You don't need a weather man
    To know which way the wind blows
    It's not literal and even if it was and you want to say it's just sensing, fine, but then it has nothing to do with either Te or Ti, so I don't know why you even mentioned it.
    good bye

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The wording doesn't matter. Te is not supposed to be without reason and that gives it a coherency, a dynamic, causal one. It is primordially thinking, which implies reason.
    i'm not sure thinking actually implies reason. reason has to do with some kind of decision or justification or motive, some kind of self-contained conclusion, which i associate with Ji more than thinking. i don't see Te as necessarily having to bump into the end and say "and this is what it means."

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i'm not sure thinking actually implies reason. reason has to do with some kind of decision or justification or motive, some kind of self-contained conclusion, which i associate with Ji more than thinking. i don't see Te as necessarily having to bump into the end and say "and this is what it means."
    But, what I'm saying is, reason can also lead to action and be a catalyst for action. Why should that not apply to Te?

And I don't believe Fi has to justify itself (but I don't think Fe does either). I think it's supposed to be related to empathy, but I don't know how to explain or even talk about it. I see it as a desire to care about another and consider their well-being (on some level). But if you don't think so, I would love to hear why.
    Last edited by strangeling; 10-27-2012 at 01:25 AM.
    good bye

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Stop replying to my posts with your antagonistic bullshit and I'll stop calling you an asshole. You challenged me first dipshit.
    Go cry on the bosom of a bottomless pit and I'm going to challenge you any time I want, so your cries that somebody is replying to your diarrhea you call your post on a public forum and demanding them to stop, is hilarious.

Playing victim is your favourite game, it seems.

And your cry baby opinion is?

I thought when somebody does that, someone else corrects it and maybe offers his own, and how the hell wasn't it aimed at me, if you state that every one is god damn vague on here. Besides you didn't provide shit, you just cried.

EDIT: This thread is one of those funny threads again, anyway, that is, it looks as the OP inquires about socionics terms and to define them even though they're defined already, so it is like typing your pet over and over again to the point of nausea "knowing" its type.

But let's all be "productive" and post more on them to the point vagueness actually takes place.

Seems like less talk, more action and actions speak louder than words are completely alien to some of yous. I have always been a person of little words, besides one who doesn't blahblah much is stand up guy - you're going to realise this someday, if ever you're going to get to meet one.
    Last edited by Absurd; 10-27-2012 at 12:33 PM.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intuition - concepts
    sensation - experience
    thinking - reason
    feeling - influence

extroverts focus on creating and imposing one of those four categories onto the world in some way (objective).
    introverts focus on creating and molding one of those four categories purely in or by their minds in some way (subjective).

edit: err...I guess that's not even considered socionics. but I think it's more concise.
    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Off the top of my head:

F - cognitive and emotional impact on the psyche
    T - cognitive structural 'grammar'
    N - ambiguous, generalized impressions
    S - concrete, specific perceiving

Static - relatively consistent
    Dynamic - systemic interactive

Xe - things, people, events
    Xi - relationships between things, people, events

Edited to add:
    Such that, for example,
    Te deals with the systemic interactive structures between things, people, and events
    Aided by either the concrete perceiving of the specific interactions
    Or by some generalized impressions of the interactions
    From what I gather Ti seeking Fe would be "People who tend to use abstract subjective reason to find out the relations between things tend to get along well with people who focus to influence people and events." Does that make sense?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default necro bumping

P Elementalism
    J Rationality

E Fragmentalism
    I Interconnectivity

NF Implicit
    ST Evident

NT Clinical
    SF Personal

Pe Identity
    Je Data
    Pi Atmosphere
    Ji Rectitude

As far as I can tell, these work. Let's see how cleanly dichotomous they are in a spoiler, because this is gonna take up lots of space:

P Elementalism
    J Non-Elementalism

E Fragmentalism
    I Non-Fragmentalism

NF Implicit
    ST Non-Implicit

NT Clinical
    SF Non-Clinical

Pe Identity
    Je Non-Identity
    Pi Atmosphere
    Ji Non-Atmosphere

Imo amazing on P/J, E/I, and club blockings. Things get hazy on the last four, especially for the E fxns. Let's go the other way:

P Non-Rationality
    J Rationality

E Non-Interconnectivity
    I Interconnectivity

NF Non-Evident
    ST Evident

NT Non-Personal
    SF Personal

Pe Non-Data
    Je Data
    Pi Non-Rectitude
    Ji Rectitude

Afaic amazing on P/J, E/I, and club blockings, and the last four fare a little better here; Non-Data implies a sense of permanence, and Non-Rectitude works.

If I were to plug everything into your last quote, it would read as "From what I gather Ti seeking Fe would be 'People who tend to use clinical, explicit rectitude tend to get along well with people who tend to use implicit, personal data.' Does that make sense?", and aside from some connotative bias towards Fi/Te valuation, hell yeah.

For the record, Ji as Rectitude and P as Elementalism are far and away my favorite self-generated namings.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

brief , probably incorrect, description of role
    individualist
    wasteful
    short sighted
    half done
    emotionally mute
    fact over theory
    anti ruminations
    hypochondriac

brief (lame) description of base
    showboat
    workaholic
    crazy
    soldier
    wall
    rulebook
    nobody
    hedonist

brief (lame) description of HA
    love me
    instruct me
    tell me what it means
    follow me
    be loveable
    be understandable
    be no one
    be relaxing
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 05-30-2014 at 04:57 PM.

TIM
    LII 6w5 rlux|I|
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By no means is this all inclusive and absolute, but:

Te: Physical Structure
    Fe: Physical Relationships
    Se: Physical Freedom
    Ne: Physical Possibilities

Ti: Personal Concepts
    Fi: Personal Convictions
    Si: Personal Impressions
    Ni: Personal Insights

Or:

Te: Leader
    Fe: Diplomat
    Se: Realist
    Ne: Visionary

Ti: Analyst
    Fi: Romantic
    Si: Loyalist
    Ni: Ponderer

Or:

Te: It must be practical (Rejects the impractical or inefficient)
    Fe: It must be acceptable (Rejects the distasteful or crude)
    Se: It must be stimulating (Rejects the bland or drab)
    Ne: It must have potential (Rejects the confining or tedious)

Ti: It must be well defined (Rejects the illogical or chaotic)
    Fi: It must be morally right (Rejects the unjust or dishonest)
    Si: It must be familiar (Rejects the unknown or uncomfortable)
    Ni: It must have significance (Rejects the meaningless or useless)

As for introversion and extraversion:

Introversion is an action of abstraction, pulling content into a psychic context, for internal, subjective reference.
    Extraversion is an action of empathy, joining content in its physical context, for external, objective reference.

And IE:

A function, or information element, is a consistent psychic object that gathers and interprets data. It also includes behavioral traits caused by this specific method of gathering or interpreting data.
    Last edited by Tranquility; 06-02-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    DISCLAIMER

If I use the wrong words for the same concepts, please excuse me. I understand this is a Socionics forum, but arguing over something as simple as semantics over similar concepts is not desirable. I'll try to keep to Socionics terminology, but I may forget to, and don't wish for any unnecessary confrontation. If you don't understand my point of view due to a misuse of proper vocabulary, I will be happy to expound upon the source of the misconception, and will attempt to use the proper word the next time. Also, if you happen to disagree with my opinion (which all of my posts are, regardless of how I present them), please don't attack me ad hominem. I am perfectly happy to consider alternatives, and am also fine with a friendly debate, but do not wish to be insulted just because my opinion differs from yours, nor insulted over my purposes for holding this opinion.
    Thank you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123