Threaded View

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tai Chi

For those who don't know what its like to imagine Chi, here is a very quick exercise to know what its like:
    1. Focus very hard, imagine a ball of fire inside your diaphragm
    2.let the ball of fire grow bigger and bigger, now condense it so it holds just as much energy but is smaller in volume
    3. once its big enough, imagine that fire energy coursing through your veins and into the palms of your hands
    4. once the energy reaches your palms, imagine holding large metal spheres in your hands
    5. now imagine the spheres are growing heavier and heavier, and you have to lift harder and harder while still intensifying the flame in your diafragm which feeds the energy
    6. imagine the spheres growing infinitely heavy and you have to physically hold them with infinite power in return
    7. now punch through a brick wall with the strength you are feeling (not recommended).

Extroverted Sensing can sense levels of motivation in people, their inertia, their momentum (do those mean the same thing!?) and also willpower.

For me personally, I'll often comment, "that's a big dude!" but the guy is actually shorter and weighs less than myself. I'll sense that he has a lot of inertia, that I can't push him around like a blow up punching bag.

When sparring partners in martial arts, I reflexively know where all their kicks and punches will go, and I know how to fake kicks to get them where their guard is down.

With that being said, I wonder if what I'm sensing is the same thing as Qi (usually known as Chi).

Some people have a very stolid appearance. A Tai Chi dude once told my friend that he had a lot of Chi, then pointed to his large stomach.

My friend is large and immovable, like a sumo wrestler.

Do you think this energy that I some of us can see, is Chi? Enneagram tends to talk a lot about energy. MBTI would list ENTJ's as being "big energy people" as well which implies it acknowledges energy levels.

This energy could even be the reason this type of music makes it feel as if there is energy pumping through my limbs and out my fingertips, I wonder if any of the other Se egos experience anything similar?:

So do you think this is the same thing as Chi? With my limited understanding, I think it is, just not harnessed and controlled in a way Tai Chi masters would harness it. What do you think?
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 10-07-2012 at 07:48 AM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja