Thread: Official Book Thread

Hybrid View

context is king
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just so everyone knows I'm currently reading Spiritual Verses by Rumi and I've just finished re-reading Consolation of Philosophy by Boethius.
    Last edited by leckysupport; 10-27-2012 at 09:27 PM.
    ἀταραξία

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    Just so everyone knows I'm currently reading Spiritual Verses by Rumi and I've just finished re-reading Consolation of Philosophy by Boethius.
    !! I've never met anyone else who has read that! Or even heard of it, for that matter. Then again, I haven't actually read all of it and what I have read has been from King Alfred's "translation." And my motives for reading it were probably different from yours.

Recently I've read tech books, some books on typography and design, but the other day I started a book from my favorite sci-fi/fantasy author, Andre Norton, called Dragon Blade. It's one of the few of hers I haven't yet read, and even so she only co-authored it. But it's nice to read fiction again.

I want to get some sort of e-reader, so I can take books with me. My life is busy (probably too busy), but I do have quiet, still moments where I could read if I had books handy. I miss reading. I used to do it a ton, especially in my teen years. When I was a kid, I got in trouble sometimes for reading and forgetting to do my chores.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    Have you read Confederacy of Dunces?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html